Football XL - Thread of the NEW - SUN

baxus

bayern are terrifying. they are simply running over their opponents. they have conceded but 14 times this year while scoring 89. 89 goals. that is pretty serious.

I've got the impression that no Bundesliga team is trying against Bayern any more this season. It's quite pathetic, really. But then Werder don't even manage to try against Wolfsburg at home.

Four games to go.

Omfg did Suarez bite Ivanovich, gahahaha. God I love Suarez.

Looks like he might have done. If he has he's going to get a lenghty ban and fair enough. I've got absolutely no idea why he'd have done it though, if he's snapped it's not as though it's going actually hurt anyone and if you're going to get banned you might as well just hit him. Just bizarre.

I've got the impression that no Bundesliga team is trying against Bayern any more this season. It's quite pathetic, really. But then Werder don't even manage to try against Wolfsburg at home.

Four games to go.

next year's bayern is going to be even more frightening. they will likely add bale and have one of the best coaches in the world. i think they will win the champions league this year and be a frontrunner for it again next. heynckes is getting quite a sendoff from the club with the league already in the bag and a couple more trophies likely.

who will not be part of pep's side next year? i could only see him wanting again the slick passing of his barca sides but with more finishing. who fits into that? who does not?

the boys at foxsoccer are predicting suarez could be well done at liverpool and in the epl over this latest bit of crazy.

Doubt it. He's far and away our best player and we'd have no chance of replacing him with anyone anywhere near as good. He's a nutcase but he's good enough that it'd still be a terrible idea to sell him.

Doubt it. He's far and away our best player and we'd have no chance of replacing him with anyone anywhere near as good. He's a nutcase but he's good enough that it'd still be a terrible idea to sell him.

Normally I'd say yeah, but for the price a Bayern or Madrid would pay for him you could easily improve yourself as a team with two or three canny buys, but the fact that you almost certainly won't be in Europe at all next season might make it difficult to attract those players too.

Normally I'd say yeah, but for the price a Bayern or Madrid would pay for him you could easily improve yourself as a team with two or three canny buys, but the fact that you almost certainly won't be in Europe at all next season might make it difficult to attract those players too.

Yeah, I just can't see it. Especially being outside of the Champions League we'd have to be gambling on several unproven players coming off perfectly compared to the quality we know Suarez has. While he's made some good signings Rodgers has also made some poor ones so I wouldn't be particularly confident.

We've shown enough in patches this year that I think it's possible we could be good next year if we manage to add some quality and find some consistency. If we sell Suarez I think our chances of making Europe next year would pretty much be over at that point.

Yeah, I just can't see it. Especially being outside of the Champions League we'd have to be gambling on several unproven players coming off perfectly compared to the quality we know Suarez has. While he's made some good signings Rodgers has also made some poor ones so I wouldn't be particularly confident.

What sort of wages you can offer also plays into the equation.

Re: Suarez, I'm not sure myself whether you're better served with or without him. He's all kinds of gifted, but he also attracts a lot of unwanted attention, which means some time each year will be spent putting out fires.. He's also reached the point where the team rely on him to do whatever needs to be done. Remove him, and others may step up.

Guess you'll get the remaining four games testing that.

Looks like he might have done. If he has he's going to get a lenghty ban and fair enough. I've got absolutely no idea why he'd have done it though, if he's snapped it's not as though it's going actually hurt anyone and if you're going to get banned you might as well just hit him. Just bizarre.

This x1000. I am not condoning violence but Suarez will get a 3 match ban for this, so he should have just actually snapped him if he wanted to hurt. Biting him makes such little sense that the conspiracy theorist in me says he is trying to engineer a way out of Liverpool to go Bayern, especially as they have said he is their main target .

Got to love Suarez.

So talented. So, so weird.

Why are genius footballers always so odd?

Suarez bit someone before at PSV and got a ten match ban that time, so I doubt he's going to get a three match ban this time. It's not a conspiracy, he just likes to bite people because he's a fucking areshole.

Ivanovic I'm for his tetanus jab this evening.

Can't wait to hear the thousands of amateur scouse dentists on talksport this evening claiming it was arm to mouth.

Archived