Four More Drinking!

Fragile Bird

I found a bar with that North Coast Rasputin while out of town. I really love that beer.

Bitter as a good IPA with stoutness. It's like avacado and salt together. It feels wrong to be so happy with one beer. At 9% I knew I shouldn't have more than one on top of the beers from earlier. Couldn't help it. Woke up very thirsty.

Back to whisky and Sierra Nevada. Life could be worse.

As we have now passed the 1-month-'til-Christmas mark, I am officially done on the booze until then (except for the odd special occasion/unavoidable work thing.)

This year, I will give myself the gift of a month of being healthy-ish. Let's see how it goes anyway

As we have now passed the 1-month-'til-Christmas mark, I am officially done on the booze until then (except for the odd special occasion/unavoidable work thing.)

This year, I will give myself the gift of a month of being healthy-ish. Let's see how it goes anyway

Who are you and what have you done with Alex?

Did some of my Xmas booze shopping. Replaced the Hendricks and woodford reserve. Also got a ritten house rye which made good manhattans over the weekend. Also the cunning salesperson gave me a taster of Eagle Rare 10 y/o so I bought a bottle of that for part of the boys present. That was some tasty stuff. Clever sales!

Looking forward to some Beaujolais nouveau sat the weekend. Still hoping it will only be a 6 day week . Worried I may have to work Sunday too though as 13 days straight aren't fun.

I'm broke after my GenChat + Whisky bender from last night. So I'm headed over to the speakeasy for $2 whatever they are making. I hope today's offering is not terrible. I am certain there will be alcohol in it. In addition, the bevarage will be large and very strong.

Oh excuse me. I'm headed to the "private party" where "donations" will be taken occasionally, for no particular reason, that will aid the mental health of the party thrower in the suggested amount of $2.

Been drinking Bishop's Finger, Abbot Ale, Champion's Ale, Fuller's ESB, Hobgoblin, Old Specled Hen and Old Peculiar recently. Think there might be another one or two to add to the last but I can't remember them.

Also learnt a new method of drinking (downing) bottles - ''strawpedoing''. Found it really difficult to do properly, but even just trying it was so much faster than usual.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a whiskey (or any high-alcohol drink) to try? There's pretty much no other ales left that I haven't tried at my local supermarkets, wondering about trying something new.

You're kind of giving the impression that your biggest priority is to drink to get drunk. Is that right?

People told me to do the 'bendy straw in the bottle to permit airflow' thing 20 years ago and I gave the same answer then as I do now: no thanks. Why are you even trying to down bottles anyway? How old are you? If you're so keen to get off your face why not just drink some meths?

#cans

Someone has hacked my boy Alex's account.

Who are you and what have you done with Alex?

Ha, just saw all these when the thread got bumped... It's a money and health saving pre-Christmas idea. I'm not really under the illusion that it'll last, but it's worth a go.

Archived