Calling All Wise and Witty

Quoth

You may find that the tool is inappropriate for the task, as thoughtlessness negates wit. I would try something witless like:

If you Honk your Car Horn, the Government will Raise Your Taxes.

Or:

If you Honk Your Car Horn Again, I'm going to Kill You and Your Family.

You might want to check corresponding laws re: uttering threats first, but I particularly like this second one.

Non-verbal signs are still best. ;)

And you drop your kids off 20 minutes before their school starts?

Is there a problem with that? At least the school I went to had a teacher present taking care for the whole group of children that regularly came very early becuase their parents' schedules dictated that. And chatting with schoolmates/rewriting homeworks in haste in the classroom/in the hall is not the worst thing to happen to a child either.

I think Onion has the right idea.

Being 1, a Catholic, and 2, about 30 yards from a huge Catholic elementary school, I totally understand. You may have missed it, but we've had at least one thread on the topic. I might have started it. Or not.

Anyway...

A lot of Catholics are both pro contraception and support choice with regard to abortion, so they may of not be the way to go. (damned auto-correct!)

Honk if you're an atheist!

I know a few 'Catholics' who would certainly honk for that, though...

Will think about this. :D

Is there a problem with that? At least the school I went to had a teacher present taking care for the whole group of children that regularly came very early becuase their parents' schedules dictated that. And chatting with schoolmates/rewriting homeworks in haste in the classroom/in the hall is not the worst thing to happen to a child either.

I don't see a problem with that.

It's just that I don't see kids doing it in my neighbourhood.

When I was in elementary school, we'd come to school earlier, run around in the school yard and all that.

It was great fun and we loved it.

On the other hand, our parents didn't bring us to school, we'd walk on our own.

Almost all of us lived within 5-10 minutes walking distance.

You should definitely bring Jesus into this, it being a Catholic school.

"Let he who is without sin honk the first horn" with a picture of Jesus, ideally buddy Jesus.

:lol: I like it, but it's too funny. It would never make anyone stop honking their horn. In fact, there's probably nothing that will, I'm sorry to say, Quoth. :( <---- see? that's how sorry I am.

"Honk if you love child abuse"?

Although, that one might make them pause.

Honk for Contaception

Jesus Died from Your Horns

Everytime you Beep Satan has an Orgasm

Beep if you've had an abortion

There's some gems here! I think Larry's on the right track.

Please STOP your vehicle if you hear honking behind you. :P

Reverse psychology - will be figured out in no time.

As a confirmed non-honker, (I can't remember where my horn even is) I am horribly ill-suited to this task, but I'll give it a try.

STOP HONKING, ASSHOLE.

The sign will be taken down shortly, but you will feel better for a bit.

You may find that the tool is inappropriate for the task, as thoughtlessness negates wit. I would try something witless like:

If you Honk your Car Horn, the Government will Raise Your Taxes.

Or:

If you Honk Your Car Horn Again, I'm going to Kill You and Your Family.

You might want to check corresponding laws re: uttering threats first, but I particularly like this second one.

Well, the sentiment approaches "Bingo". But, that one might draw the unwanted attention of our otherwise oblivious law enforcement. ;)

Honk for Contaception

Jesus Died from Your Horns

Everytime you Beep Satan has an Orgasm

Beep if you've had an abortion

An old standard

"honk if you're Horny"

Or

"honk if you're morman"

"honk if the priest can touch your kid"

While I absolutely LOVE "Everytime you Beep Satan has an Orgasm", this and the others immediately above are out of the running. Too many young passengers. I just couldn't... :)

I was going to suggest something along these lines.

Maybe for something too literate but sure to offend some: Honk of you think JFK was a puppet of Rome

Oddly, this is a very "old time" Irish Parish. I bet that would really get a reaction. Assuming any of these parents know who JFK was... :rolleyes:

Please STOP your vehicle if you hear honking behind you. :P

That one makes the cut and goes into the rotation. :D

ToL: No problem with signs being torn down. I intend this to be a daily guerrilla style ambush. ;)

Do you think it would be fair play to enlist subliminally the children into my crusade? I was considering this:

"If your parent honks the horn, your Soccer Team will lose this Saturday. "

Non-verbal signs are still best. ;)

I like the non verbal one, though you could always add "$250 Fine 6:00AM - 9:00AM" underneath it.

Archived