Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion: The reboot

protar

In one sense he's the safest bet to have as a "villain" - everyone loves RDJR's performance and there's the fact the character will be retired for quite some time after he leaves the role. With Cap there is the opportunity to use other actors/characters and I think it could work but I don't think anyone is ready for a non RDJR Iron Man for a while. I'm also hoping the pro/anti registration camps aren't as black and white as the comic versions ultimately were.

I do find it strange how Cap and Superman are having their sequels hijacked by their more popular counterparts though. Both have carried films well on their own terms but i guess most folk wont object to more iron man or batman at the box office.

I've heard that Skrulls are going to be involved in the future. So I guess it'll be conveniently blamed on Skrull Tony and other imposters

They can't use the Skrulls, they don't have the rights - that's why they had the Chitauri as the bad guys in the Avengers.

You're right, I was saying this on the basis of the marvel cinematic universe wikia ,but their source is unreliable. But can secret invasion be made a part of the story someway? :dunno:

I just watched Amazing Spider-Man 2, or half of it anyway. Rough watch. They might as well have cast Shia Labeouf as Spider-Man.

Huh?

Man, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are the bright shinning lights of the overall mediocre-to-shitty ASM films.

Huh?

Man, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are the bright shinning lights of the overall mediocre-to-shitty ASM films.

My reaction as well. Garfield/Stone were the only bright spot in those two movies. Thought they were both really good.

Huh?

Emma Stone is always great. I could not stand Andrew Garfield's stammering. I couldn't take it. The stammering was pretty bad in the first one, but in the second it was dreadful. Colin Firth was more coherent in the Kings Speech. It was so grating to me.

I finally got around to completing my Marvel Cinematic collection on Blu-Ray (basically hadn't gotten anything since Avengers). On the strength of recommendations here, I went ahead and picked up Agents of Shield season one. Not gonna lie, the slick black packaging with the SHIELD logo was what caught my eye first.

And on a quasi related note... My four year old got a nicely framed print of this Marvel poster for Christmas and it is now hanging over his bed. I do great when he asks me who is who on the front row and mostly even the second row... and there's a few lurking there in the back that I can point out, but does anyone know of a good legend for this poster? I have looked, but my Google-Fu is failing me at the moment.

I will also readily admit that its hard to explain to a four year old that the guy in the skull shirt on the right shoots people, but is still a good guy. :lol:

(I can understand the segregation of Fantastic 4, because those guys are kind of embarrassingly childish compared to Avengers,

I've never really read much Fantastic 4, but even from my cursory knowledge, man, this is inaccurate. When they're at their best, anyway. Yeah they definitely focus on a childlike sensawonda about big cool stuff and yeah, they have the whole family thing going on which can give it a more kid-friendly air but they're also very big on grown-up themes like family tension, betrayal, sacrifice, loss and certainly can't be called childish.

The films were a disgrace, though.

Also, three of the best Marvel villains are tied into the FF franchise (Galactus, Doom, and the Skrulls). The loss of those along with Magneto is definitely part of what's made it difficult for the MCU to find properly iconic villains that aren't Loki...

I've never really read much Fantastic 4, but even from my cursory knowledge, man, this is inaccurate. When they're at their best, anyway. Yeah they definitely focus on a childlike sensawonda about big cool stuff and yeah, they have the whole family thing going on which can give it a more kid-friendly air but they're also very big on grown-up themes like family tension, betrayal, sacrifice, loss and certainly can't be called childish.

The films were a disgrace, though.

Also, three of the best Marvel villains are tied into the FF franchise (Galactus, Doom, and the Skrulls). The loss of those along with Magneto is definitely part of what's made it difficult for the MCU to find properly iconic villains that aren't Loki...

Eh. They could easily make their own. They just have to suck less at writing them.

If anything Avengers as a concept is way more childish than FF. I mean Avengers is a collection of male fantasies (aspiration & sexual) led by some 'roided up dude wearing the American flag.

Though of course that all depends on who's doing the writing/drawing/directing/etc.

Claw.

Klaw.

He's Black Panthers big bad, he'll be involved in Ultrons Vibranium body.

Anyone know who the woman getting undressed in that cave was?

And the Hulk looks really unwell in that fight with HulkBuster.

I forgot he was a villain of Black Panther although it makes sense to set that series up now. I wouldn't rule out an appearance by BP now he's been cast.

No idea who the naked girl in the cave was. Some online speculation is that it is Karnilla - an asgardian character. Seems pretty obscure but fits with Thor being in the shot. Others think it could be a Black Panther character.

Archived