Board Issues 3

Datepalm

There have been attacks in the past, yes.

Presently looking into it. It looks like it may be that the passwords data was corrupted somehow. Trying to find out where that's stored. I don't see any suspicious logins.

Okay.

Two years ago, this happened. The thing is, we were never able to determine whether it was a hack attempt or whether it was some obscure IPB bug.

I've posted an announcement, but the long and short of it is:

If you are logged in now, your cookie is providing you access and once it expires, you'll find you can't log in.

I recommend everyone to go and request new credentials (first try to see if you can set a new password from inside the COntrol Panel, though), and set their password that way. This should resolve the issue.

Real apologies for it. Fact is that Invision was dubious it was a hack back then, but we simply weren't able to dig up evidence. Regardless, last time people setting new passwords sorted everything out.

Happened to me as well. I reset my password and that seemed to fix it. 30 minutes or so later it happened again.

I've reset my password a second time, hoping using a new password will stop it from happening a third time.

@Ran I have had issues getting on with various machines (yes, I am a computer professional, and have access to resources that would make many shudder). So, I went through the password reset procedure less than 20 minutes ago. With new password in hand, I immediately tried to set the password to one of my genuine crypto passwords and it rejected me resetting the password. It rejected first, by saying I needed to fill in all fields. Then it rejected me saying that my current password was incorrect (it's on the clipboard, it was correct). Then some other cr4p. Something is definitely HOSED up on that end.

Just went through the same scenario.

Also, the survey pop-up I told you about has not popped up again, so either it was a one-time thing from an advertiser, or a fake. But, I would think the advertiser might alert you that they would be asking for surveys just so you would have a heads-up. :dunno:

@Ran I have had issues getting on with various machines (yes, I am a computer professional, and have access to resources that would make many shudder). So, I went through the password reset procedure less than 20 minutes ago. With new password in hand, I immediately tried to set the password to one of my genuine crypto passwords and it rejected me resetting the password. It rejected first, by saying I needed to fill in all fields. Then it rejected me saying that my current password was incorrect (it's on the clipboard, it was correct). Then some other cr4p. Something is definitely HOSED up on that end.

This just happened to me too. New password sent to me via email, tried resetting to my own password, rejected for not filling out fields, then for not having a correct existing password.

This just happened to me too. New password sent to me via email, tried resetting to my own password, rejected for not filling out fields, then for not having a correct existing password.

Me three. Exact same thing. After getting what MtnLion and Gertrude describe, I tried logging out and in again, and the new password that had just been emailed to me not five minutes before no longer worked. I went through the lost password procedure a second time and am currently logged in on my second site-generated password. I assume that when I log out or my cookie expires, this new password will stop working as well.

Archived