Wolfgang I

DUBLIN 2019: An Irish Worldcon August 15-19 2019

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 8/16/2017 at 2:11 PM, Wolfgang I said:

https://dublin2019.com/

It's never too early to start a thread buy a membership! :) 

I got mine and I'm already looking forward to it. 

If you plan to attend DUBLIN 2019 you should also take a look at EUROCON 2019 in Belfast ( August 22-24 2019). 

I  plan to attend both.  Worked great for Loncon 3 followed by Eurocon Dublin and this will as well!!!   :-)  

Edited by Ser Knight Somerville

Will be at both. I've bought my membership for Dublin and just need to upgrade my supporting for TitanCon.....which I will probably do at TitanCon. Somebody remind me. :P

7 hours ago, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

Will be at both. I've bought my membership for Dublin and just need to upgrade my supporting for TitanCon.....which I will probably do at TitanCon. Somebody remind me. :P

No hurry cos as you already have supporting membership your upgrade fee is locked in.  so You won't have to worry about future price hikes on the 1st October.

God pebble anyone would think you work there or something 

3 hours ago, Pebble said:

No hurry cos as you already have supporting membership your upgrade fee is locked in.  so You won't have to worry about future price hikes on the 1st October.

Well there we go. Only reason I didn't upgrade in Helsinki was because I couldn't remember how much I'd actually paid supporting wise. :P

are we supposed to get some sort of emails confirming the fact that we have the supporting memberships?

Converted to attending in Helsinki,and by the Old Gods and the New, I'll be there if I have to fecking swim. Just the Worldcon, though. We'll have sightseeing plans elsewhere in Ireland after the con. Won't be in San Jose, though; between paying for this year and saving for Dublin '18's going to be lean for us.

Billy (not on the forums) and I have supporting memberships to Dublin and are generally planning on converting to attending. I've just messaged him (yes he's in the next room but this was easier) with all sorts of information about that and prices for Eurocon/TitanCon too, with the suggestion that we get supporting for that as well and then upgrade along the way.

So put us as yes for Dublin and I'll let you know when to convert us to orange. :D

On 23.8.2017 at 1:27 PM, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

If I'd seen this before now, I'd have reminded you. Although I had no way to tell you where you are supporting wise. Could have asked Colin, though.

Oh well, as Pebble said you can always upgrade later at the current rate. :)

16 hours ago, Adz of CCAA said:

Although I had no way to tell you where you are supporting wise.

This was the problem in Helsinki as well, which is why I didn't upgrade there, as I can't find my email stating how much I supported by. I'll have to do it online so it goes to Colin who does have access to the database.

Already have attending memberships for both events. Barring financial disaster in the next two years, I will use both of them.

I'll probably make it to worldcon. 

Will bring the family, and my wife keeps linking me stuff about Iceland on Facebook, so probably will stop off there on route.  Maybe even bring the MiL to watch the kids (although she usually out drinks me, so not sure if that will work out the way I intend).

There's even a nonstop from LAX to Dub!

Edited by Cuellar