Dany is the new Sarah Conner in the Terminator reboot

Madfunkymonkey

While I don't think they should be rebooting the movies I'm glad they are going with Emilia Clarke for the role.

I wish they would revive The Sarah Connor Chronicles instead, but that's obviously not going to happen while Lena Headey is locked up with Game of Thrones.

apparently Cameron gets the rights back in 2019. Expect them to milk this beast dry over the next 5 years. They'll probably get a trilogy out of it (which is the current plan) and possibly more.

Good luck to Emilia Clarke. It's a sideways career move at best but maybe she'll get some notice for something better down the road. She can't do GOT forever.

I wish they would revive The Sarah Connor Chronicles instead, but that's obviously not going to happen while Lena Headey is locked up with Game of Thrones.

It's not happening at all. The new Terminator films are apparently going to have their own tie-in TV series which will have nothing to do with the previous one.

It's not happening at all. The new Terminator films are apparently going to have their own tie-in TV series which will have nothing to do with the previous one.

That's even more milking than i thought. guess there will be a cartoon show, even more comics and lunchboxes to come

I hope it works out I'd love to see a reboot. Not a remake bit a reboot. They dropped the ball the last couple of movies.

Btw who has the movie rights right now? I hope not fox... they fuck everything up.

I really hope she does a good job I heard this rumor she wants to be known for her acting not her "body".

I still fail to see the necessity of this remake.

Money for the studio before they lose the license. That's all it really amounts to. I guess it may fail to make money but I'm guessing they are going for "cheap and cheerful" in terms of cast and director. Alan Taylor can probably demand more after Thor 2 but he's relatively "cheap".

Hopefully there's a good story and we'll get a good set of films despite it being made for all the wrong reasons.

I hope it works out I'd love to see a reboot. Not a remake bit a reboot. They dropped the ball the last couple of movies.

It's a film about time-travel so it's actually possible to do a reboot and a remake at the same time :)

Emilia Clarke received decent reviews for a part she had in a film with Jude Law recently. I don't really get the hatred for her as I think a lot of the problems people are perceiving may have as much to do with the show's character.

I assume that they're going back all the way to Terminator 1 here then? Sarah Connor as an on-the-run waitress hooking up with a time traveller, no kid angle yet at all?

Also, the only part of the whole thing I care about was the SCC. Still can't figure out how anyone managed to spin that show off of that franchise.

I'll just repost my answer from another thread :cool4:

I like Emilia a lot but this won't end well. How can this project do anything but suck balls?

Emilia Clarke received decent reviews for a part she had in a film with Jude Law recently. I don't really get the hatred for her as I think a lot of the problems people are perceiving may have as much to do with the show's character.

:agree: Emilia is a good actress. She played Dany's development very well up to this point. I do agree that she majorly sucked in season 2, but the material she was handed then was nothing more than shite. For proof watch this deleted scene from season 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elHaFwbv4BA (glad that those two are gone from the show)

Archived