Dany is the new Sarah Conner in the Terminator reboot

Madfunkymonkey

I met Biehn at a comic convention last year, and I won't lie. I didn't think I would care and I don't buy into celebrity hype, but I ended up getting a picture with him and I had to avoid touching him with my erection. I also peed a little in my pants. It was awesome.

But his charisma is not in Jai Courtney even a little bit. It honestly wasn't in Anton what's-his-name either in Terminator Salvation. Hard to say who I would pick to try and match. Physically there is something of Biehn in Fassbender, I suppose.

I reckon Tom Hardy could have made a good Kyle Reese in an alternative casting. If they're going for an early-20s Sarah Conner I think Tatiana Maslany would have been perfect.

The story looks totally bad ass and this trailer has me stoked! Can't wait for this! If the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes when this comes out are just 50% positive or above than I'm definitely seeing this in the theaters!

I'm just not thrilled with the actors beyond Schwarzenegger and Clarke, that's the only thing in the trailer that's bothered me.

I reckon Tom Hardy could have made a good Kyle Reese in an alternative casting. If they're going for an early-20s Sarah Conner I think Tatiana Maslany would have been perfect.

I can see Maslany. For Hardy it depends on how big he is, one of the things I like about the original is that Kyle isn't huge, so feel that's something this one is doing wrong. Hardy from DKR too big, Hardy in some other movies would be fine though.

She is such a bad actress....she's really, really, REALLY lucky to have landed her role on GoT right out of drama school.

I think she's grown into the role of Danny pretty well. Miles ahead of that horrid 1st season, at least.

I figured it out. She makes me think of a Jennifer Lawrence/Ellen Page hybrid in this trailer. She has Jennifer's strange emotionless face, and Ellen's weird detached delivery of dialogue.

Thing is, both of those things work for those actors, I didn't see it working for Emilia.

If you go back and watch T1 and T2 objectively, Emilia is pretty close to Linda H. Especially in T1. I always thought LH was a pretty flat actress.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this. I was never that invested in the original movies, so as long as this new one is better than T3 and T4, I'll be watching it.

I will say, that I like how they matched the camera angles and setting for when Kyle arrives in the past. And the explanation for having an older Ahnold there works, since he's been protecting Sarah for 15+ years.

The only thing that's throwing me off (and probably many others) is the knowledge that Emilia is not American and we're hearing falseness because we know that's not her real accent.

Nictarion, totally agree. Her Queen Daenerys scenes can be iffy but S1 and certain parts of 3 are amazing with her.

The only thing that's throwing me off (and probably many others) is the knowledge that Emilia is not American and we're hearing falseness because we know that's not her real accent.

Why would that be a problem if the accent isn't actually wrong?

Also, why are so many people referring to her as Emilia? I always find that weird.

Why would that be a problem if the accent isn't actually wrong?

Also, why are so many people referring to her as Emilia? I always find that weird.

It is her name. Rarely are women referred to by their Surname outside of a strictly professional setting, in my experience.

Perhaps because we're so used to hearing her with her natural accent that we just subconciously know that's not her voice in the trailer and that leads to a feeling of it being really false. (I say we because this is an ASOIAF forum and I think most of us are familiar enough with Emilia's scenes.)

yeh look not a fan of the way this story is going. Was so confused at the beginning about what it was, remake, reboot or sequel?

Anyways, they are doing the old, 'give the actors the classic lines for fan service' trick together with new CGI and hope people will go watch it. And fortunately for them, they will.

I will withhold criticism of Emilia Clark until I've actually seen it, but it's true, physically she is not equipped for the role.

What i'm not too keen on is them ruining the first movie and then just discarding the last 3 movies altogether by creating a 'new' timeline (which will ultimately end the same way, with Sarah Connor pregnant)....

Also i thought we learnt in T3 that judgement day can't be stopped...it can be delayed but not stopped.

Archived