Dany is the new Sarah Conner in the Terminator reboot

Madfunkymonkey

Well, to each their own. I won't try to convince you ^^

Thanks. I shall not either. I'm just pointing out that if you do see many people who disagree with you, your conclusion may not be the right one. The most balance answer is that she is an adequate actress who struggles with certain scenes, which may or may not be her fault. (Season two I have no doubt that wasn't her, it was the so-called writers. :drunk: )

I like the look of this film. I love that they are at least willing to try a new version of the T1000, I'd rather have that than that no one ever tries again.

I like the choice of Emilia Clarke, she's a fine actress, extremely attractive, and this will be a different sort of role for her which she can probably pull off as well.

And also looking forward to what future robotics they will show, and the Arnold T800 will be great to see as well. Jason Clarke is usually a more than decent actor as well.

This is from the wiki page, but I don't know what the source is:

In Terminator Genisys, Kyle Reese traveling from Universe A will end up in a Universe B, created when Skynet attempted to kill Sarah Connor during childhood. Together, Reese and Sarah will attempt to create a Universe C that would obliterate both Universe A and B, and in which the events of Judgment Day (Skynet's launching of World War III, devastating humanity) would have never happened.

I'm not a fan of the attempt to stop Judgment Day which was the whole point of T3. And how exactly do you obliterate universes without a time machine? Other than doing exactly what they did in T2?

Interesting choice of phrase there, Reese and Sarah. :)

She's a decent actor, but nothing special I found. She nails some scenes and looks like a wooden dummy with a smug smile in others. It's Terminator anyway so it's not like ground-beaking acting is the norm.

One thing I have to say, Emilia is far more attractive with her natural hair and a smile than with her wig and a smug or sad expression on her face.

Pet peeve time:

She does these things "badly" or "well". Adverbs modify verbs guys. "Bad" and "good" are adjatives.

:)

Ouch.

eta:

I'm not a fan of the attempt to stop Judgment Day which was the whole point of T3. And how exactly do you obliterate universes without a time machine? Other than doing exactly what they did in T2?

Doesn't destroying the universes also kill untold billions on Earth, and potential even more aliens on other planets?

This multiple timeline shit is just confusing. They should just decline to get too explanatory about how time works (hint, time loops are a bullshit concept) b/c 90% of people won't care.

It's Terminator anyway so it's not like ground-beaking acting is the norm.

Well, it's not the norm, but it would be nice to see a Terminator film with 'ground-breaking acting' wouldn't you agree?

Ouch.

eta:

Doesn't destroying the universes also kill untold billions on Earth, and potential even more aliens on other planets?

This multiple timeline shit is just confusing. They should just decline to get too explanatory about how time works (hint, time loops are a bullshit concept) b/c 90% of people won't care.

I only watched Sara Conner Chronicles once in a while, wasn't there some aliens in that series who got pissed off about the timeline. manipulations? Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with something else but you figure an advanced space faring civ might pick up whats going on with Earth and be angered with them messing with their history.

Well, it's not the norm, but it would be nice to see a Terminator film with 'ground-breaking acting' wouldn't you agree?

Oh certainly, better acting is always good of course. All I'm saying is, I stopped taking the franchise with any kind of seriousness back when the third movie was released, and from I've heard I haven't missed out on much.

Emilia is good-looking, well-known now and won't embarass herself, my guess is that this is what the executives are aiming for and that's the end of that. I may have to eat my own words in time, however, maybe the movie is going to be great, but reboots usually aren't in my experience.

It would be nice if they made an effort, but if all it's going to be is good-looking people parroting lines from the first two films - as the trailer enthuses - why bother?

Isn't Matt Smith in it? That makes at least one cast member who can actually act.

Sam Worthington,

Whatever happened to that guy? A couple of years ago he was everywhere (clash of the titans, avatar) and now he doesn't pop up anywhere (perhaps the undoubtedly shitty avatar sequels). The man can't act, but I'm curious to know if that's the reason why he doesn't appear on screen more.

Whatever happened to that guy? A couple of years ago he was everywhere (clash of the titans, avatar) and now he doesn't pop up anywhere (perhaps the undoubtedly shitty avatar sequels). The man can't act, but I'm curious to know if that's the reason why he doesn't appear on screen more.

A similar phenomenon is occurring with wotzisface from The Hurt Locker.

Archived