Dany is the new Sarah Conner in the Terminator reboot

Madfunkymonkey

The future parts looked by far the worst in this trailer. I get this is a trailer and the CGI will probably be better in the actual film, but still.

Why are they showing it if it's not ready? Star Wars only got done filming like 2 weeks ago, and nothing in their trailer looked as shitty as that.

If the footage is no good, you either don't use it or wait until it is fixed. If they rushed out bad CGI for a trailer, what will they do to get the movie into theaters on time? This isn't a case of 'oh, that one bus looked blurry there', every digital effect in that trailer looked like a bag full of garbage.

I think it looks ok but Dany looks terrible compared to Cersei and Linda Hamilton. She looks like the dainty little sister that everyone laughs at when trying to look tough instead of the woman who was tough and everyone knew it.

Why are they showing it if it's not ready? Star Wars only got done filming like 2 weeks ago, and nothing in their trailer looked as shitty as that.

If the footage is no good, you either don't use it or wait until it is fixed. If they rushed out bad CGI for a trailer, what will they do to get the movie into theaters on time? This isn't a case of 'oh, that one bus looked blurry there', every digital effect in that trailer looked like a bag full of garbage.

Hey, don't ask me. I don't work at the studio.

That looks utterly, utterly dreadful.

I know it's only an early trailer, but even so the T1000 should not look worse than the one in T2, two decades ago.

:ack:

I'm not looking forward to Emilia Clarke as Sara Connor. One of my favorite things about Linda Hamilton was how she held a gun in T2 and looked like she knew what the fuck to do with it. Clarke doesn't give me that same feeling of badass competency.

TOO DAINTY!!!

Too dainty was my exact thought... Gina Carrano should have been Sarah Connor.

Not a fan of Jai Courtney either, tbh.

Also not a fan of the way the characters appear to have seen the original films, judging by the way they quote them all the time.

I know it's only an early trailer, but even so the T1000 should not look worse than the one in T2, two decades ago.

Also not a fan of the way the characters appear to have seen the original films, judging by the way they quote them all the time.

As far as I can tell this is supposed to be a parallel time line to the original Terminator, so Sarah shouldn't look like a woman warrior in her 30's who has already birthed and raised a son, she should be early 20's. But she should look tougher than Linda Hamilton did in the original, as she obviously has been trained by her Arnie sidekick.

I'll definitely watch this, but am worried it may be a mess.

Meh.

I thought the future parts looked the best. Jason Clarke is finally getting some traction, I've liked him a great deal, especially in Zero Dark Thirty.

The rest looks like shit. Emily Blunt would have been better as Sarah. And for fuck sakes, whoever Jai Courtney has been sucking off needs to come forward with his blackmail tactics. The guy is awful, fucking awful. His face is awful and needs to be punched. I don't know how you can look at him and think Michael Biehn. Biehn was fucking awesome, Courtney is balls. Balls I tell you.

I'm not seeing this. I rarely say that, but there is nothing in this trailer that I find remotely enjoyable.

Pretty cool but it looks like they've crammed way too much things into it. I wonder if anyone involved was thinking about less is more here, doesn't look like it. Best part was that Arnold was cool as fuck, him jumping outta tha choppah.

And damn, it's hard to find a more beautiful woman than Emilia Clarke, but I don't think she plays badass warrior very convincing. Don't know about it, but a shitty reboot of T1 and T2 is in no way needed. Those movies aren't even really outdated.

It did seem a bit overdone, reusing one iconic line would make sense but they don't have to reuse all of them (admittedly, there a few they haven't used yet but this is only the first trailer).

If they do need to do a Terminator remake (and I'm not convinced they do) the idea to swap things around to have Sarah Conner not needing to be rescued does have some promise (although even that's a bit reminiscent of her character development in T2) but nothing else seems to really work in the trailer. After four films and a TV series what is shown in the trailer starts to feel very clichéd.

That looks awesome as hell. I love how they turned the reboot on its head.

I don't think I'm quite as optimistic as Kalbear, Philip or Sci, but I'm definitely liking the underlying plot idea of turning it all on its head. It feels like its building on the plot of TSCC even without actually specifically including them in the timeline - weaving a complicated tapestry of the events is what it was doing.

Also it could be the worst trailer in the world and my blood would still be stirred by the Terminator music playing at the end!

I'm not sold on Emilia as Sarah Connor from this, I agree that both Linda Hamilton and Lena Headey were great for their respective versions, but it's also a fair point that this is still in her 20s Sarah Connor so I'm willing to see how it goes. Totally with Arthmail on the poor comparison to Michael Biehn though.

Yes! Thank you karaddin.

I met Biehn at a comic convention last year, and I won't lie. I didn't think I would care and I don't buy into celebrity hype, but I ended up getting a picture with him and I had to avoid touching him with my erection. I also peed a little in my pants. It was awesome.

But his charisma is not in Jai Courtney even a little bit. It honestly wasn't in Anton what's-his-name either in Terminator Salvation. Hard to say who I would pick to try and match. Physically there is something of Biehn in Fassbender, I suppose.

"Drake, we are leaving!" Shivers. Alright, I'm a fan. Whatever. Hold your judgement till the end of days.

Archived