Video Games - dragons, lasers and zombies

Lyanna Stark

The little girl in question is certainly not annoying to most people who played and liked TWD games. Both part one and two and intensely emotional and gripping games I'd give them a shot.

Just got them on sale in the xbox one store. Gonna try it out, if I like it I'll probably give their GoT game a shot.

They also have anther one (which I believe just came out) based in the Borderlands universe called Tales From the Borderlands however I haven't touched that because I hate Borderlands.

There's an interesting thing in the adventure game in that the characters keep commenting on how crazily ultraviolent the Borderlands world is and how crazy weird everything is. Not sure if that's enough for me to pick it up, but it does sound like part of the appeal for Tales from the Borderlands is in appealing to people who don't like Borderlands.

Incidentally, Wolfenstein: The New Order is one of the best single-player FPSs of the last few years, and is available on a steam sale. If you're at all interested in shooters, you should definitely get it at that price. The game is amazing.

There's zero chance DA:Inquisition goes on even a 5-10% sale, isn't there?

Dragon Age: Inquisition is 25% off today on Amazon, if you haven't gotten a copy already.

The PS3 version of Dark Souls 2 is going for $9.99 on Amazon as well, for anyone who is interested.

Would someone post today's daily deals on Steam? The mobile client blows for this and it's all I have available.

Child of Light - $5.99 (60% off)

Crusader Kings 2 - $9.99 (75% off)

Alien Isolation - $25.00 (50% off)

Wasteland 2 - $26.79 (33% off)

Skyrim - $5.00 (75% off)

Ryse: Son of Rome - $25.99 (35% off)

The Forest - $10.04 (33% off)

Tomb Raider 2013 - $3.99 (80% off)

XCOM Enemy Unknown - $7.49 (75% off)

I've actually bought nothing in this Steam sale. I think I might get Papers Please but I missed the daily deal. Not that it's expensive to begin with.

It turns out that as a reward for pre-ordering Dragon Age Inquisition I got a $10 coupon off any Origin purchase of $30 or more. It expires Dec. 21 though, and there's not much on Origin that I'm interested in right now. Except Far Cry 4. But Far Cry 4 is also on Steam, which, like nearly everybody, is my usual game client. Does anyone know if there's any performance differences between the two versions?

I've heard all the stories about how bad the Origin client is as a whole, but I haven't encountered any issues yet after 35 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition.

Does anyone know if there's any performance differences between the two versions?

I highly doubt it. If you can get it cheaper on Origin, get it cheaper on Origin. You'll have to deal with UPlay either way, and that's the real culprit when it comes to performance issues and other annoyances.

I highly doubt it. If you can get it cheaper on Origin, get it cheaper on Origin. You'll have to deal with UPlay either way, and that's the real culprit when it comes to performance issues and other annoyances.

That's the thing. I was hoping against hope that maybe one of them was UPlay-free.

Child of Light - $5.99 (60% off)

Crusader Kings 2 - $9.99 (75% off)

Alien Isolation - $25.00 (50% off)

Wasteland 2 - $26.79 (33% off)

Skyrim - $5.00 (75% off)

Ryse: Son of Rome - $25.99 (35% off)

The Forest - $10.04 (33% off)

Tomb Raider 2013 - $3.99 (80% off)

XCOM Enemy Unknown - $7.49 (75% off)

I've actually bought nothing in this Steam sale. I think I might get Papers Please but I missed the daily deal. Not that it's expensive to begin with.

Thank you!

The new Star Wars trailer apparently had some impact on me after all, because I re-installed Knight of the Old Republic last night for the first time in years.

God, I had fogotten what a dick Carth is.

Oh, and I also just bough Shadowrun Returns for 1,50 €, which will be my only purchase this sale.

Picked up Omega Ruby yesterday. Some of the new features are pretty cool. You can see what pokemon are in the area that you are currently in if you have caught one before, and you can sneak up on an unsuspecting pokemon in the weeds if you see it. I didn't think there was anything special about the latter until I found out that if you catch one that you sneak up on it can have a special attack that wouldn't normally be linked with that pokemon.

I only beat the first gym leader, but so far the game is enjoyable.

TotalBiscuit on the first 15 or so minutes of Telltale's Game of Thrones. Hmmm....I'm so much of a book pedant that I can't event enjoy the TV series, judging from the first 15 mins I will not enjoy this game at all.

I can't believe that guy talked throughout the whole 15 minutes.

I, too, am not inclined to get this game since it looks like it's based more on the show than the books.

Also, can someone explain to me how these Telltale games work? I've never played one. They come in episodes, and right now Episode 1 is advertised on Steam at $30. Also, the guy in the vid said Episode 1 takes about 2.5 hours of play. I personally would not want to pay so much money just for 2.5 hours of play, and then again for each other episode. Or am I wrong about how much this really costs?

Usually you subscribe to the season upfront and you get all the episodes as they come out. Used to be you could buy the episodes one at a time if you wanted but I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

I can't believe that guy talked throughout the whole 15 minutes.

I, too, am not inclined to get this game since it looks like it's based more on the show than the books.

Also, can someone explain to me how these Telltale games work? I've never played one. They come in episodes, and right now Episode 1 is advertised on Steam at $30. Also, the guy in the vid said Episode 1 takes about 2.5 hours of play. I personally would not want to pay so much money just for 2.5 hours of play, and then again for each other episode. Or am I wrong about how much this really costs?

the $30 dollars is for the entire season

Yeah, you pay 30$ now and get all episodes (6 I believe) as they are released, usually with a 1 month or so interval between each. So that's 5$ per 2 hour episode, if there's replayability that's decent value.

Telltale is a mixed bag, for me. The Walking Dead had a lot of replayability, but most of the decisions boiled down to ''let X or Y person survive at the expense of the other'' and since it's The Walking Dead that person you saved will probably die next episode anyway. The Wolf Among Us didn't have that, but the story really wasn't very variable. I hope Game of Thrones fixes those problems, but I'm not going to buy it at release. Besides, between Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4 and the Ardennes Assault expansion to CoH2 (of which I've only played one so far) and those blasted Steam sales, my gaming budget and time are strained enough as it is.

Archived