Video Games: This is (Elite) Dangerous

Werthead

'tis interesting that they're making it, since Games Workshop is actually in the process of ending their Warhammer Fantasy world. A White Wolf-style Gehenna series of books called End Times that basically destroys most of the world and kills off every recognizable faction. Though, I doubt that will impact the Total War game. For which I am incredibly excited. And I now await Total War: Warhammer 40,000. Make it so, Number 1.

Nintendo Direct today weird as hell. Everything fucked in a way only Nintendo can manage.

- New 3DS ONLY coming to US in XL form factor, though that might be an improvement over the previous strategy of releasing the XL later

- No AC adapter included, which is completely insane

- Wii U will be "backwards compatible" with the Wii, except not really lol it can play Wii games but you have to buy them again as downloads, also their digital purchase policies are as dumbshit as ever

New 3DS will reportedly be US$200, which sounds all right to me although so far Xenobladr port is the only N3DS exclusive. Maybe it'll stay with few exclusives and I won't have to buy one?

I suggest a few things;

-Don't do every menial side quest. I love the game but the side-quests are (with several exceptions) not good at all. If you want Power, Rifts are more efficient. Do a few quests per area and let the rest rot, is what I do, and you won't lack for Power so long as you also do Rifts.

-You should be doing a main quest every 3 levels or so. So the first main quest (either In Hushed Whispers or Champions of the Just) should be done at level 7ish, then go do In Your Heart Shall Burn at 9-10, preferably as soon as you can since it opens up a lot of stuff.

-Storm Coast, Crestwood, Emprise du Lion, Western Approach, Emerald Graves, these areas (most of which you can unlock later) have one or a few more interesting quests.

-The game sometimes rewards exploration with Codex entires, crafting materials and unique items. Don't just make a beeline for quest markers.

-Hinterlands is, in my experience, the only area with somewhat bugged spawns.

Thank you both. I'm at level 6 now, so I'll take on that main quest soon and move on. I think I got lost in feeling the need to do every side quest.

It's Blizzard. They probably have enough money to buy the paintball company and rename it themselves.

Speaking of Blizzard, I've heard that Diablo 3 got quite the nice overhaul since the expansion hit. I was dissapointed by the base game, but hearing someone speak about it, looks like most problems have been solved and it's now a very enjoyable without any auction house related shenanigans. I actually bought Reaper of Souls at release but didn't play much due to job issues and it kinda fell off the wayside, I should give it another go once I'm done with Dragon Age (which makes me want to replay Origins, so it might take a while still).

Would love to play the D3 expansion, but they make you buy the entire game again for consoles, plus it's not compatible w/ the original version. A few hour expansion and a couple characters aren't worth the admission price. Not sure why Blizzard would make such a stupid decision.

Wow. Is it at least the same adapter as the other 3DSes?

Yes

I assume it's micro-USB so it uses the same charger as pretty much every other modern gadget aside from Apple products.

I've got more micro-USB cables than I know what to do with.

No

Would love to play the D3 expansion, but they make you buy the entire game again for consoles, plus it's not compatible w/ the original version. A few hour expansion and a couple characters aren't worth the admission price. Not sure why Blizzard would make such a stupid decision.

Isn't that how all expansions on consoles work? Every expansion I've seen on console has been the base game + expansion in a package. Console limitation I think.

Isn't that how all expansions on consoles work? Every expansion I've seen on console has been the base game + expansion in a package. Console limitation I think.

Dragon Age Awakenings was xpac only.

Archived