Watch, Watched, Watching: The Thin Red Line has been crossed

Veltigar

Shryke,

I watched about 30 minutes of that movie and then stopped. It wasn't bad, it was just utterly bland. I realised I was bored and like cleaning the house as I watched it because it just couldn't hold my attention.

I would have murdered Galifanakis' character at some point during that film. I'm not sure it wouldn't have been considered justifiable homocide. He was playing an absolutely loathsome human being.

Finally got around to watching Submarine this weekend. It was an amusing, sad, wry little film. The protagonist is reminiscent of Adrian Mole, one of those cringe-inducing teenagers who desire so badly to be an intellectual and feel themselves to be far more mature than their peers but in reality have so much growing up to do first. Some of the things he does and says (mainly in relation to his parents) are absolutely hilarious though. And I really enjoyed the Welsh scenery and the soundtrack too.

Off to see Birdman today.

No. I cant really stream things online v well my latop is on its last legs so I'm doing all my TV watching on netflix the past few months and cowboy bebop isn't on there :(

Ah, bummer.

Well, I at least have to say thanks for what you said about Space Dandy. I watched the first ep last night and you're right, it's a ton of fun.

Finally got around to watching Submarine this weekend. It was an amusing, sad, wry little film. The protagonist is reminiscent of Adrian Mole, one of those cringe-inducing teenagers who desire so badly to be an intellectual and feel themselves to be far more mature than their peers but in reality have so much growing up to do first. Some of the things he does and says (mainly in relation to his parents) are absolutely hilarious though. And I really enjoyed the Welsh scenery and the soundtrack too.

Off to see Birdman today.

I bloody love that movie.

Ah, bummer.

Well, I at least have to say thanks for what you said about Space Dandy. I watched the first ep last night and you're right, it's a ton of fun.

I watched the first 4 but it's not something that needs to be binge watched really, gonna watch a few more soon, it's good fun. The zombie ep is awesome :D

Watching Inglourious Basterds for the 100th time. Totally love this movie. My favourite Tarantino. I love them all really and probably rewatch Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill's much more than Basterds, but there's just something about this one that's a cut above the rest.

Continuing my previous European sexploitation theme, I just watched the Tinto Brass film Cheeky, aka Transgressing. Beautiful leading lady, visually ravishing, very sexy, no artistic motivation as there is with earlier Brass films, and probably the worst voice acting on the English dub and most equally hilarious dialogue you'll have come across in quite some time. A ridiculous camp treat.

Just watched The Winter Soldier. Decent action flick. Certainly much better than the first Captain America movie. I liked Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men Days of Future Past a lot more though. Although, to be fair I've never been much of a fan of Captain America as a character.

I'm currently at episode 3 of True Detective. I watched a very good Israeli movie last night called All Bad Wolves.

Big Bad Wolves? If so, I've been meaning to watch that for some time. Episodes 4 and 5 really bring the heat in TD, like Nictarion said.

I just watched " Wild" with Renee Witherspoon as the book's author, Cheryl strayed.

It is by Jean-Marc Vallee, one of my favourite directors of the last 10 years. Everything this guy touches appeals to me, he has great sensitivity.

This was another excellent, excellent film. It immediately and obviously calls to mind 2007's Into the Wild, which I do prefer a little bit over this one, but still, what a fine film. Loved the story, the scenery, Witherspoon was impressive as well. Great film.

Archived