Watch, Watched, Watching: The Thin Red Line has been crossed

Veltigar

Mexal and Raja - The movie is actually nothing compared to the novel or especially the manga, but good luck with the latter, which was actually co-wriiten by the book's author and substantially improved. Since Tokyopop, who published it, folded it's been out of print and now retails on Amazon for a bomb.

Has anyone else started watching the new minseries of The Man in the HIgh Castle yet? The pilot seemed fairly promising, though a main character has been ommitted and some plot points have been changed.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/123410-new-amazon-pilots-2015-including-pkds-the-man-in-the-high-castle/#entry6643442

Caught the first two episodes of a new show on Discovery, Big Giant Swords.

It's all about a bearded Irish dude trying to make a living building Big Giant Swords. It has a "cast" of characters that interact with him to make these swords.

Each episode is about him building a sword for a customer (first sword was a lightning bolt sword and the second was a dragon sword).

Mike is hilarious and crazy. The swords are freaking cool. The crazy hijinks they go through to test them are cool. Overall I enjoyed the first couple of episodes and am looking forward to more.

Just saw Due Date. I watched it on Amazon Prime which for some reason I have trouble streaming, so the audio and visuals were off (really off).

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty decent. Predictable at times, but they did play off each other well imo (Downey Jr. and Galifianakis). An easy watch, despite the streaming problems.

I watched about 30 minutes of that movie and then stopped. It wasn't bad, it was just utterly bland. I realised I was bored and like cleaning the house as I watched it because it just couldn't hold my attention.

I watched about 30 minutes of that movie and then stopped. It wasn't bad, it was just utterly bland. I realised I was bored and like cleaning the house as I watched it because it just couldn't hold my attention.

Yeah, it was much better when it was called Plains, Trains, and Automobiles.

Just saw Due Date. I watched it on Amazon Prime which for some reason I have trouble streaming, so the audio and visuals were off (really off).

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty decent. Predictable at times, but they did play off each other well imo (Downey Jr. and Galifianakis). An easy watch, despite the streaming problems.

I really really didn't like that movie and I don't even know why. Just did not enjoy it at all.

Just watched the first episode of Wolf Hall. I'm not going to lie, it bored the shit out of me. Everyone was too quiet in it.

I saw that as well. I thought Mark Rylance was good in the lead role and the supporting acting was generally good as well. I found the skipping back and forth between different time periods a bit disorienting and while some of the individual scenes were good the overall narrative felt a bit fractured. Maybe it'll settle down in future episodes but I'm a bit worried that they're trying to cram too much plot and too many characters into a fairly short TV series.

I've seen loads of studio ghibli movies, I just haven't watched a lot of anime series.

Death Note, Attack on Titan, Madoka, Kill la Kill, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, part way through Cowboy Bebop and just finished Knights of Sidonia. I'm sure there's a series I'm missing...

You've watched more than I have and I'm no expert on anime. But... Neon Genesis Evangelion is a big one missing there (so either you've seen it and it's the one you're forgetting or... well... you haven't, I guess).

I'd be cautious about recemmending it, but watching it is definitely an experience.

Archived