Star Wars Episode VII: The Fourth Awakens

Rhom

I had a notification pop up in my Facebook feed for a new freemium Star Wars RPG on the app store called Star Wars Uprising. It markets itself as the first SW RPG set between RotJ and TFA. Its fair for a game of its type, but what I found interesting is that the opening scrawl references the Iron Blockade mentioned in the timeline Wert linked above.

Has anyone else seen the walmart star wars commercial? I was trying to play some tunes to calm down on youtube and this great commercial about parents talking star wars with their kids came on. IT WAS AWESOME!!! And I never like commercials, but I was clapping by the end. I'm not sure how to find commercials on the interwebz or I'd post it, but I'm telling you this is one of the best advertisements I've ever seen.

This?

I've never seen a SW movie in theaters, really hoping I can find someone to go with for TFA.

Really? That's awesome. Do you have a source for this?

Aftermath is partially set on Taris and mentions some stuff from KotOR, apparently.

Also, someone noticed that the Star Wars Story Group, the new gatekeepers of the canon, are now listed in the credits for The Old Republic (they changed with the last patch), apparently giving that their seal of approval.

And secondly, what will be the new Ewoks/Jar Jar. There must be something equally annoying.

BB-8 looks about it, so far, and for some reason everyone has decided that he is gangsta. So it looks like we're good. Apart from lightsabrecrossguardgate.

Has anyone else seen the walmart star wars commercial? I was trying to play some tunes to calm down on youtube and this great commercial about parents talking star wars with their kids came on. IT WAS AWESOME!!! And I never like commercials, but I was clapping by the end. I'm not sure how to find commercials on the interwebz or I'd post it, but I'm telling you this is one of the best advertisements I've ever seen.

I like the first Walmart commercial but I think I like this one even better.

Target has gotten into the act too. :)

Anyone remember this one?

Nostalgia just keeps getting sweeter though...

No no no no no...do...not...click!

Last time I clicked a link to an old commercial I became lost for 2 hours, watching commercials on youtube, lol.

Fuck it. I am all in again. The black x-wing Lego set is already on MY Christmas list. BB-8 looks like he could be as awesome as R2. And I may even have to read Aftermath after promising myself I was done with the EU after they destroyed it the first time.

Fuck it. I am all in again. The black x-wing Lego set is already on MY Christmas list. BB-8 looks like he could be as awesome as R2. And I may even have to read Aftermath after promising myself I was done with the EU after they destroyed it the first time.

I fell back into the books with Aftermath after holding out on everything besides A New Dawn.

And to be honest, the 3 smaller books each featuring one of the Big 3 are pretty good, enjoyable reads.

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

I am right in the middle of reading this rather long article about how the Star Wars series was written using a ring theory method of storytelling. It is probably the best argument yet against watching the movies in machete order.

The theory goes as such, The climax of the narrative is in the middle of the structure with prologue, epilogue, and exposition working its way towards it from the front to the back. This article is going into detail about the comparisons between the two chapters in the outside of the structure (Jedi and Menace), the two chapters leading to the center (Empire and Clones) and the two chapters in the middle (Hope and Revenge)

It is a rather long article, but an interesting read.

Aftermath is partially set on Taris and mentions some stuff from KotOR, apparently.

Also, someone noticed that the Star Wars Story Group, the new gatekeepers of the canon, are now listed in the credits for The Old Republic (they changed with the last patch), apparently giving that their seal of approval.

But some KOTOR-related things being brought back doesn't mean that KOTOR's story is canon again, unless it's specifically refers to those events.

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

I am right in the middle of reading this rather long article about how the Star Wars series was written using a ring theory method of storytelling. It is probably the best argument yet against watching the movies in machete order.

The theory goes as such, The climax of the narrative is in the middle of the structure with prologue, epilogue, and exposition working its way towards it from the front to the back. This article is going into detail about the comparisons between the two chapters in the outside of the structure (Jedi and Menace), the two chapters leading to the center (Empire and Clones) and the two chapters in the middle (Hope and Revenge)

It is a rather long article, but an interesting read.

I read that a while ago, I agree it's interesting. I'm not sure how much of it was intended by Lucas, but it definitely adds another layer to the story.

I read that a while ago, I agree it's interesting. I'm not sure how much of it was intended by Lucas, but it definitely adds another layer to the story.

Given Lucas' interest in mythic structure (to the detriment of traditional character development) and all the parallels cited in the article, I think it's a safe bet to assume it's intended.

My family plans on rewatching all 6 movies in prep for Ep 7. It'll be fun doing that with the ring theory in mind.

You know I never saw the 2nd teaser trailer, apparently released a few months ago already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

Really like it a lot. But at the start, someone who appears to be Luke, is saying that the Force is strong in his family, and his father "has it". Vader is alive? Presumably you guys have already discussed this at the time, but any consensus on this?

Can you elaborate?

The clip uses the actual dialogue from RotJ, but then I think the writers change it up a little to make it relevant to the new film.

Of course, if Luke still occasionally sees the Force ghost of his dad, it makes sense he'd still be talking about him in the present tense. Vader is definitely toast in the film.

Archived