Watch, Watched, Watching: The Theatrical Release

RedEyedGhost

I finished season 2 of Banshee yesterday.  It was excellent.  They certainly do a great job setting up the subsequent seasons :) 

Creepy relationship between Kai and Rebecca, getting creepier.  Emmett and wife getting gunned down by Neo-Nazis.  Longshadow getting whacked by Rebecca (hilarious that she gets some oral before going for the kill, but this is a Skinemax show, so not unexpected) - hopefully that means his hot sister will be back next season.  And the scary as fuck Chayton coming back to Banshee.

Looking forward to season 3!

I recently watched Brooklyn.  That was a nice little movie. 

Also watched Sisters.  Not the most highly rated movie, and it was pretty stupid at points, but I laughed out loud quite a bit.  The guy who was always "on" was annoying as shit though.

20 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Watched the latest episode of Line of Duty (S3 ep. 4).Show continues to be really good.Keeley Hawes is awesome,she had a great scene in the episode.

I really like that show, but I'm waiting to watch it until I can binge it.

I tried the show The Prisoner because it's very well-reviewed and is referenced in my favorite book, but it's nearly 50 years old and hasn't aged that well. It has a great premise but due to the quality I don't think I'm going to continue. Shame, because the pilot was very interesting.

Also watched Full Metal Jacket, great movie.

On 4/17/2016 at 3:06 PM, First of My Name said:

I tried the show The Prisoner because it's very well-reviewed and is referenced in my favorite book, but it's nearly 50 years old and hasn't aged that well. It has a great premise but due to the quality I don't think I'm going to continue. Shame, because the pilot was very interesting.

Also watched Full Metal Jacket, great movie.

I rewatched the Prisoner a few years ago and I disagree , I think as a product of its time its pretty exceptional, almost the forefather of a lot of modern tv shows. Its obscure and deceptive and never really reveals what the hell is going on, leaving a lot to the imagination. 

The last episode is crazy however, and maybe spoils everything. But otherwise its a piece of genius.

43 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I rewatched the Prisoner a few years ago and I disagree , I think as a product of its time its pretty exceptional, almost the forefather of a lot of modern tv shows. Its obscure and deceptive and never really reveals what the hell is going on, leaving a lot to the imagination. 

The last episode is crazy however, and maybe spoils everything. But otherwise its a piece of genius.

Maybe part of why I feel that way is the very crappy quality I have to watch it in, but I still think the way the story is presented is very typical of that time, and since that takes some getting used to for me it comes across as dated. I might continue though, since I seem to be in the minority and it's very well reviewed.

After listening to the soundtrack to Les Revenents all week I thought we should give the show a go. We were hooked from the start. Not sure why I missed this on  TV, I must have been busy with with something else. I love the dim, muted colour palette they use, the beautiful scenery, the music (obviously), and I really want to know what is happening, damn it. Plus there are some great characters that make you experience a really strong emotional reaction. It's great stuff, really. 

You're just in time for the second season!  Apparently there's an American version of the show, but I've heard it's crap. Mogwai are indeed excellent, though the long wait between season 1 and season 2 has sort of put me off the show. I'm sure I'll get around to watching the second season at some point. 

Went to see The Huntsman: Winter's War. I only did it because I wanted to sober up from a beer event that had taken place right near the theater, so I figured 2+ hours in the theater would be enough so I can drive home afterwards, and it was.

Anyway, the movie was no worse, nor better than its predecessor. It turns out that it truly is a prequel/sequel. 

The positives: No Kristen Stewart; Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron; nice visuals of various fantasy elements/creatures; the humorous banter of the dwarf characters

The negatives: Chris Hemsworth and Jessica Chastain doing some sort of Scottish accent; the writers' fondness for the word "wee"; the general directions of the plot

really would have preferred it for Chastain's death to have been real in the prequel side of the movie 

Archived