Round of 16: : LET THE (Knockout) GAMES BEGIN!

What a game.

Strong comeback by Belgium. I kinda figured they would choke that one away like they usually do. Guess there might still be time for that in the Quarter Finals though.

I have to give to Japan though, they were the clear underdogs and I don't think anyone really expected much from them, but they definitely made a match out of it. Hats off for Japan.

6 minutes ago, Prince Onyinye W. Ndidi said:

Belgium the first side since West Germany in 1970 against England to come back from two goals down in a WC knockout game.

2-0 down, not 2 goals down. Germany beat France in 1982 in the Schumacher game having been 3-1 down.

Can’t wait for Martinez to learn, not that De Bruyne should be getting the ball higher up the pitch, but that they need Fellaini in for the Brazil game. 

What a counter-attack. What a half. What a game. The most enjoyable game in the World Cup so far, IMHO.

I should feel death sad for my fantasy country, but damn, I like this Belgium team. So much talent, attacking-mind… and naïvety whilst defending. All the ingrédients for a very attractive side to watch.

Archived