NFL 2019 Preseason: Hard Knockin on Gruden's Door

DanteGabriel

Cam Newton sprained his foot, so that sucks.  And the Packers and Raiders played a preseason game on an 80 yard field.  Honestly NFL?  Getting a field that is the proper size seems like a pretty damn low bar for a $10 billion a year organization. 

On 8/21/2019 at 2:50 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Ya, I refuse to believe a woman couldnt be a NFL kicker.  Maybe the 63 yard try would be out, but accuracy in the mid range game  is so important.

Who knows, a small Colorado school gave a scholarship this year, maybe it will come.

11 hours ago, Triskele said:

Uh, catching up on the recent events.

Look, I love Baker and hope he's good and hope that Cleveland is ascendant.  And I thought he had a really solid rookie year.  But I am extremely arrogant about being a QB evaluator and have been a little baffled by the "Cleveland is going to have a huge year" hype, and look at tonight's highlights.

Baker did have a solid rookie year for an utterly embarrassing franchise that all of the sudden looks better.  But did Baker have a rookie year last year that says "franchise QB for sure?"  If I frame it that way, does anyone concur?  Assuming not, how did this off-season consensus develop that Baker was franchise QB for sure?  Motivated reasoning.  I'll hedge like total coward right now and say that I could say it's going either way with Baker but I do not think last year possessed signs that he's money in the bank.  I love his attitude and hope it works out.  Just not fully 100% sold he's the end of Cleveland's QB woes based on last year.*

*and to clarify further, I do think he's obviously solid.  It's that I'm not sold he's legit franchise. 

Eh...the team was without Landry, OBJ, Chubb, and I think Njoku was out too.  Basically all the team's best offensive weapons.  He was throwing to Rashard Higgins and a bunch of practice squad guys.  I was at a bar so I only caught bits and pieces of the game on TV, but it looked like there were at least a handful of throws that should have been caught but were dropped by those practice squad receivers.  

5 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Luck is retiring

Holy shit... I just saw that on the bottom line.  WTF.

Ive gotta check the Capt Andrew Luck twitter account!!!!!

23 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Are you okay, @Jace, Basilissa? When you sober up some time in October I'll be there for you with some pedialyte. 

It's for the best. I am SO EXCITED to go read the propaganda site right now. 

I'm not claiming to have been right. I said his shoulder would degenerate by the end of 2020 and he'd be limited. 

But this is just fucking delicious. I'll take the L in exchange for the instant drama.

Holy Crap II: they booed him in Indy.

After laying out his heart and soul on the podium, expressing that the pain he experiences on a daily basis has led him to make “the hardest decision of [his] life,” Luck addressed the jeers.

“I’d be lying if I didn’t say I heard the reaction,” Luck said. “Yeah, it hurt. I’ll be honest, it hurt.”

https://deadspin.com/andrew-luck-walked-off-to-a-chorus-of-boos-and-one-guy-1837555984

Archived