Do the old--and I do mean old--posters still post here?

MeanMrMustard

11 hours ago, Prue said:

I joined in 2001 I think, at the old black ezboard. But I mainly spent my time in chat. *waves at OsChat chatters*. The regular board was a bit scary back then, with dirji etc. being totally brainwashed into supporting the second Iraq war, the concept of "freedom fries" and calling French posters "surrender monkeys"....

You were still a chat regular when I joined if i remember correctly :)

44 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I quite miss Flow and Tormund. I disagreed with them about almost everything but they were smart guys willing to spend a really inordinate amount of time politely discussing their opinions with all the people here who vehemently disagreed with them.

29 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Going back even further, Jeff was very similar.

Jeff was FLOW, unless there was a second Jeff who I never knew.  

On 4/30/2020 at 4:18 PM, Ran said:

In any case, now implemented. If you go to account settings, you can now link your Discord account to the board. And then there's a janky widget just beneath the ads (need to figure out why the widget isn't quite working from the people who made it) that if you click should provide you an invite into the Discord server.

I saw that today on the left and figured it was some weird click bait ad thing.  Maybe I'll check it out.  AFAIK I dont have a discord account so no worries about where the bodies were buried.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:57 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

Also I can remember X-Ray and Mr. X inviting me to join an NYC meet-up when I moved from the west coast to NY/NJ in 2007.  I chickened out though and still haven’t met any boarders IRL, not even when the Chicago Con was just a few blocks from my condo.

Well now that your in CT (I think) maybe check out Boskone next year.  Boston in the second week of February is fantastic weather if you've ever lived through a Chicago winter.  To be fair, this year for whatever reason was only me and BenIowa, but previous years there would have been 1 to 2 dozen posters you've seen.  I hope it doesnt drive Balefont away but MBGA.

24 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Was raidne the one with the avatar of a naked woman giving you the finger?

IDK She lived in DC was super pro Obama and hated the phrase chillax.  Cant remember her Av.

3 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Well now that your in CT (I think) maybe check out Boskone next year.  Boston in the second week of February is fantastic weather if you've ever lived through a Chicago winter.  To be fair, this year for whatever reason was only me and BenIowa, but previous years there would have been 1 to 2 dozen posters you've seen.  I hope it doesnt drive Balefont away but MBGA.

Thanks mcbigski, we can nerd out about Civ.

Chicago may be bitterly cold in February, but at least it’s not snowbound like Boston tends to be.  One February I was there for a business trip and there were walls of snow 10+ feet high along the freeway.  People were merging blind from on-ramps, albeit not much different from their regular driving.  And my clients were telling me about climbing onto their roofs to shovel snow off before the roof collapsed. 

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Was raidne the one with the avatar of a naked woman giving you the finger?

A woman after my own heart.

Funny how often I hear her cited. I must have just missed her.

I can't remember when I joined the old board, but it was probably around 2000 or 2001. When we transitioned to this board, I was going through a divorce, and Mormont gave me a pep talk. Then when my son got cancer, other members sent him things in the mail. So even when I'm pissy in politics, I love this board.

Still lurking, and occasionally posting, after 20 years.  Found the EzBoard site sometime after I read The Hedge Knight in Legends which lead me to reading the main series.  Made a few posts with the EzBoard account I created for my EverQuest guild forum, then a few more since we moved to this board.

Archived