MCU: a very special Hawkeye Christmas…

Ser Scot A Ellison

That's a little surprising since Holland just said he didn't want to be playing spider-man in his 30s.

"Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what's best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film. I have to take Peter Parker into account as well, because he is an important part of my life. [...] If I'm playing Spider-Man after I'm 30, I've done something wrong."

He's 25 now. Though maybe he was just angling for a bigger pay check. 

Finally watched these episodes and enjoyed them.

It really reinforces to me that I really don't care if they ever make another movie at all.  Given a small sample size of Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals vs WandaVision/Loki/Falcon and Winter Soldier; I find I'm enjoying the small screen much more than the big screen.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Finally watched these episodes and enjoyed them.

It really reinforces to me that I really don't care if they ever make another movie at all.  Given a small sample size of Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals vs WandaVision/Loki/Falcon and Winter Soldier; I find I'm enjoying the small screen much more than the big screen.

TV is just inherently superior to movies as a narrative medium because, obviously, having six to ten hours to tell a story is better than having two to three.  There are exceptions, of course, and not every story requires six-plus hours, but generally speaking having more time is better, at least up to a certain point (which seems to be around ten hours).

11 hours ago, briantw said:

TV is just inherently superior to movies as a narrative medium because, obviously, having six to ten hours to tell a story is better than having two to three.  There are exceptions, of course, and not every story requires six-plus hours, but generally speaking having more time is better, at least up to a certain point (which seems to be around ten hours).

That is definitely true now, as we at a time where movie makers seem to be completely incapable of getting to grips with telling a tight story, and seem to be forced into throwing scenes in to link to other movies, making sure every character gets their time in the sun etc.

I’ve always wondered if there hasn’t been some cultural change in the editing process where movie makers just film a thousand times too much footage and work it out in edit. 

I’m thoroughly enjoying “Hawkeye”.  They’re hitting the right balance between humor and drama and the drama has genuine weight.  

Echo is a rarity in the Marvel Universe… an interesting and compelling “bad guy”.  “Uncle” is the Kingpin… right?

11 minutes ago, RumHam said:

At least all the crossover / event stuff should be mini-series. It's a minor miracle that Infinity War and Endgame work as well as they do considering everyone they had to stuff in there. 

Well it was a 5.5 hour single film split in 2 to be fair. 

5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m thoroughly enjoying “Hawkeye”.  They’re hitting the right balance between humor and drama and the drama has genuine weight.  

Echo is a rarity in the Marvel Universe… an interesting and compelling “bad guy”.  “Uncle” is the Kingpin… right?

Anyone else think that might have been Vincent D’Onofrio in the flashback?

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

So since Fisk was outed and jailed in Daredevil years before this, it seems like the Netflix shows are probably not canon / this universe. 

It’s really amazing how long they’ve managed to not quuiiiite decanonise Netflix/ABC shows officially, but if Echo has her own show and that was clearly meant to be Kingpin, then it’s hard to see how they wouldn’t now. I didn’t ever get round to watching Daredevil S3 so I don’t how things were left with him … I guess it was 2018 we last saw him and now it’s 2023? Did this episode speak of this ‘Uncle’ as running things now or was it just the flashback?

Enjoyed the episode much more than 1 and 2. I think because I don’t care for the rich girl / step dad problems those episodes focused on. Whole opening sequence of Echo backstory - toy shop - car chase was great.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is Echo the same actor in the Netflix Defender’s Universe?

This is her first acting gig according to iMDB, so nope.

20 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Did this episode speak of this ‘Uncle’ as running things now or was it just the flashback?

They explicitly mention not upsetting him and how they should be keeping a low profile in the aftermath of the car chase.

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Is Echo the same actor in the Netflix Defender’s Universe?

I don't think Echo appeared on those shows. Unless it was a really minor role that I'm forgetting. 

Just now, RumHam said:

I don't think Echo appeared on those shows. Unless it was a really minor role that I'm forgetting. 

I don't recall Echo being in those shows either, but I also don't remember a lot of what happened in them.  It is objectively insane that Daredevil came out six years ago.  It feels like a fucking lifetime ago.

But at any rate, the actress playing Echo on Hawkeye was certainly not in any of the Netflix shows.

Archived