UK Politics: Testing, testing, one two free

polishgenius

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Randy Andy demands trial by jury, I would love to be on that jury. What a laugh as he basically convicts himself without any help from the prosecution. 

I was just about to post that. It seems ill advised.

Andy is guilty in the court of public opinion and therefore a pariah in his country and his family (Harry must be feeling a bit grateful at the heat being taken of him and Megan for a bit). So his only chance at getting some sort of respectability back and leaving some kind of legacy for him and his daughters (as well as having to avoid being buried in an undisclosed location without a state funeral when he does die) is to have an actual court (and 12 unwashed commoners) say he's not guilty, or at least not not innocent.

Since it appears Maxwell is unlikely to roll on him, it might be worth rolling the dice and hoping that all of the evidence is sufficiently he said/she said with equal credibility and circumstantial that a jury can't say with reasonable certainty that he did something illegal. I assume he wants it to be a civil case in which case the jury only needs to be pretty sure of something, rather than certain beyond a reasonable doubt. So that kind of standard for culpability is a bit harder for him to avoid, since enough circumstantial evidence and a credible testimony from the alleged victim can easily be enough for a jury to be pretty sure he did what he is being accused of (or what he is trying to claim he didn't do).

Going to court has a potentially massive upside (hey look everyone I'm officially not guilty, suck it, and give me back all my titles and military honours!), and given his reputation is in the toilet anyway is there much of a downside, since everyone "knows" he did it already?

I really doubt he’s going to trial in the end. Giuffre’s lawyers already said it’s a PR stunt. He’ll settle and live out his life in shame on a luxurious estate.

As for ‘everybody broke the rules,’ bullshit, I don’t believe it, but even if it was the case it’s absolutely no surprise that Tory MPs are unaware of the concept of elected representatives being held to a higher standard.

5 minutes ago, john said:

I really doubt he’s going to trial in the end. Giuffre’s lawyers already said it’s a PR stunt. He’ll settle and live out his life in shame on a luxurious estate.

As for ‘everybody broke the rules,’ bullshit, I don’t believe it, but even if it was the case it’s absolutely no surprise that Tory MPs are unaware of the concept of elected representatives being held to a higher standard.

Or setting an example, because that's now called virtue signalling, and it's bad.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

BbbbbbbbbbbbbUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WHO IS TAKING CARE OF THE CHILDREN??????????????????

They're taking care of themselves,  naturally. Children in decent hard-working families are all basically Sunny Baudelaire. It's only the children of lazy scroungers that need supervision, food and attention. (I would say love, but since a lot of Tory MPs went to boarding school, they might have difficulty recognising the concept.) 

Archived