Hope for the Frey family

On 9/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Or the Freys will find Nymeria and add another fur to Lord Walder's collection.  I expect he already has Greywind hanging among the tapestries.  They do not deserve to lose the Twins.  The Starks were destructive rebels who were causing too much loses of lives and property.  Robb was dirty from the very beginning even before he betrayed Lord Walder. 

You do know Nymeria has quite a pack behind her right? I wouldn't wish for the Frey's to run into her unless you're rooting for the Frey's demise,... Which I am. 

On 1/13/2023 at 4:13 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Whatever happens, I hope to see more of Black Walder. Everyone in the story describes him as an absolute gigachad.

Agreed. Black Walder is one of the coolest Frey's. When the Blackfish thinks that you're a dangerous opponent, you know that you've made it.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:43 PM, Craving Peaches said:

I'd like him to become Lord of the Crossing at least briefly. Black Walder is not weighed down by pesky morals.

Another Black Walder enjoyer. I'm pretty sure that he's going to die, but I also like him. I'm interested in seeing what he does next.

On 1/24/2023 at 3:51 AM, Craving Peaches said:

The Starks have rebelled twice in total, both times after a great injustice was done to them by the ruling monarch. By comparison Walder saw fit to break guest right over a more minor slight despite Robb's apology and attempt to reconcile. Neither Aerys or Joffrey even bothered to offer the Starks this.

I don't think it was a minor slight, but I agree that the Red Wedding was way out of proportion and that the guilty Frey's deserve to be punished for it. Some innocents are going to be caught in the crossfire though. They already have.

Just now, Lee-Sensei said:

I don't think it was a minor slight

I don't think it is that minor, just not as major as what Aerys did, which is why I said 'more minor'.

1 minute ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Another Black Walder enjoyer. I'm pretty sure that he's going to die, but I also like him. I'm interested in seeing what he does next

I can't wait. He's like a more intelligent Ramsay. Looking forward to the chaos.

3 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I feel like the Freys are going to be able to survive as a bloodline, just a very pruned and poor one. 

But why is this thread still alive? I've been gone for months, and this thing is still alive?

It’s not exactly alive… as I’ve said up thread this is part of the new ‘normal’, resurrecting dead threads to kill them again w/ the same type of inane and unfounded arguments. It seems these threads won’t ever be allowed to RIP. Talk about beating a horse so dead only the bones remain… 

9 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I feel like the Freys are going to be able to survive as a bloodline, just a very pruned and poor one. 

If Olyvar really is the Rosby ward and gets to keep the seat when all is said and done, it will be pretty close to a happy ending for the Freys.

4 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

If Olyvar really is the Rosby ward and gets to keep the seat when all is said and done, it will be pretty close to a happy ending for the Freys.

Though I do think that he will have disavowed his Frey family, save for his full-blood siblings Perwyn and Roslyn and their possible children, as a result of the shame of being blood with those who barbarically betrayed and murdered Robb and his mother and bannermen and desecrated their bodies. He may even change his name to Olyvar Rosby.

Edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight9

On 9/14/2023 at 6:57 PM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Speaking of hope for the Frey family, what do you all think Roslin's ultimate fate will be?

Let the Tully name be forever forgotten for betraying the Targaryens in the past.  Let Roslin's children take on the name of her own family, Frey.  And let them inherit all that belonged to the Tullys.  Circling back to the scenario of the topic with Daenerys regaining control of her family's Westeros, Daenerys should grant all of those things to Lady Roslin after the latter swears fealty. 

Edited by Here's Looking At You, Kid

11 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Circling back to the scenario of the topic with Daenerys regaining control of her family's Westeros, Daenerys should grant all of those things to Lady Roslin after the latter swears fealty. 

You do know the Freys weren't Targ loyalists?  Walder sat on the fence and turned up late to The Trident.  Dany has no reason to reward or elevate the Freys, who are deep in cahoots with the Lannisters, not a House high on Dany's friends list after murdering her father, niece and nephew in the sack of KL.  Given they recently murdered a swathe of Riverlands nobility along with the Northerners at The Red Wedding and are actively despised throughout Westeros, I doubt she'll touch them with a barge pole.

The Freys make good villains but they are relatively unimportant and it would undermine rather than strengthen Dany's position to reward them - she would lose any goodwill in the Riverlands and The North at a stroke.  The Freys will be a footnote and cautionary tale in Westerosi politics.

The biggest threat to the Freys are Arya and the White Walkers.  Arya will attempt to murder all of the Freys.  The White Walkers will get through the wall and might make it to the riverlands with the help of the Starks.  Most of the Freys do not live in the Frey castles and are therefore safe from Arya's wrath.  The double threat of a crazed assassin named Arya and the army of White Walkers will kill many of the Freys but they will not go extinct.  

Roslin.  Arya is blinded by hate.  Poor Roslin will not receive Mercy from Arya.