US politics: calm blue waters

IheartIheartTesla

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, civil rights and due process are not relevant here?

Where the fuck did I say that Scot?  I said it's little premature to assume this is anything. You took that to mean a whole bunch of other things not contained in that statement, like this one for instance.  

Yeah, by the way, I've been meaning to add, I don't believe in civil rights for anyone, and the only due process is poo process.  Maybe get outside for a minute.  

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, civil rights and due process are not relevant here?

What has Garland done so far that couldn't have been done 2 years ago? 

What is he doing about J6? 

Why did it take the J6  congressional investigation to launch their own investigation into any higher-ups?

Why are they getting the contents of Alex Jones' phone now after an accidental leak?

Why is the only impetus for doing anything against Trump et al coming from the national archives

This isn't about civil rights or due process; it is about devoting any actual amount of attention to any higher ups for almost two years now. So no, Merrick Garland is still gonna have folks riding on his dick because he's still not doing a whole lot. 

Granting how people view him (Big Donald), and accepting that most don't think he's a good man, I think we can agree the amount of opposition he received, as President and former President, and all the associated investigations. The man is damn resilient.

I've been around people who've taken substantial hits (e.g. COL Steele, me, every Iraqi chai boy, et al.), yet none come close to what has been dished out on him.

Unconfirmed reports say his now firing at police from a corn field.

You cannot get more True Murican Heartland than this!  Ammon Bundy, give this guy medals and underage girls/boys/whatever!  He's one of yours fer shure.

2 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

What has Garland done so far that couldn't have been done 2 years ago? 

What is he doing about J6? 

Why did it take the J6  congressional investigation to launch their own investigation into any higher-ups?

Why are they getting the contents of Alex Jones' phone now after an accidental leak?

Why is the only impetus for doing anything against Trump et al coming from the national archives

This isn't about civil rights or due process; it is about devoting any actual amount of attention to any higher ups for almost two years now. So no, Merrick Garland is still gonna have folks riding on his dick because he's still not doing a whole lot. 

We don’t know.  And the man is methodical.  Let him do his job.

7 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

So no, Merrick Garland is still gonna have folks riding on his dick because he's still not doing a whole lot. 

KalVsWade -- I've had to force myself not to overthink this thought, but it's a legitimate wonder, why?

2 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

KalVsWade -- I've had to force myself not to overthink this thought, but it's a legitimate wonder, why?

Because, as @DMC says, that wasn't what he was hired to do. Hiring Garland meant that Trump was going to get off and Biden had no interest in pursuing him. That job isn't what Garland is good at, it's not what he wants to do, and it's not what he's going to do. 

14 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Because, as @DMC says, that wasn't what he was hired to do. Hiring Garland meant that Trump was going to get off and Biden had no interest in pursuing him. That job isn't what Garland is good at, it's not what he wants to do, and it's not what he's going to do. 

This is indeed pretty much exactly what I've been saying, but to be fair to Scot (and really to Garland) he has been excellent on civil rights, which I do appreciate. 

But if he actually wanted to be aggressive on the matter - and many would very compellingly argue this isn't aggressive but simply what was called for and necessary - he could have immediately appointed a special prosecutor to investigate Trump and co. at least on the two matters he was impeached for.  As well as the infamous Raffensperger call, which he also should have been impeached for and is just as much the DOJ's jurisdiction as it is the Fulton County DA's.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is indeed pretty much exactly what I've been saying, but to be fair to Scot (and really to Garland) he has been excellent on civil rights, which I do appreciate. 

But if he actually wanted to be aggressive on the matter - and many would very compellingly argue this isn't aggressive but simply what was called for and necessary - he could have immediately appointed a special prosecutor to investigate Trump and co. at least on the two matters he was impeached for.  As well as the infamous Raffensperger call, which he also should have been impeached for and is just as much the DOJ's jurisdiction as it is the Fulton County DA's.

That is a fair assessment.  Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Tar+Feathers= Justice

Nope, not really. Let me show you what true jsutice for him would look like, my sweet summer child.

First step, AG of NY bringing down to his criminal family enterprise, and all the people he had ripped off over the years forcing him and his family klan into bankruptcy. He can pay them off with his Super Scam PAC for all I care. After that's done, then comes the second step. Put the whole lot of them as defendants in a criminal court. Let him be released in a few years for humanitarian reasons and let him then roam the streets of NYC as destitute homeless guy, brgging for money from people passing by what was formerly known as Trump tower*, only for cops and security to chase him away.

*I am ok with Streets of Florida, and Mar-a-Lago instead of Trump Tower.

2 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

Larry of the Lake -- yes, but it's exciting! The implications of ending, or surviving, scrutiny from the DOJ CI department is something else.

Will it be a nothingburger, where Big Donald survives, lionized? Or will there be an indictment, the end of his career, and martyrdom?

There ARE streaming services with a shitload of law & order or thriller series, you know?! 

29 minutes ago, TormundsWoman said:

There ARE streaming services with a shitload of law & order or thriller series, you know?! 

TormundsWoman -- yes, of course but the good guys always win. I want to see the bad guy win ;)

Archived