NFL 2022 Thread 3: Is Captain Kirk... good?!!?

Rhom

He was never worth a first round pick. He was ranked in the 50's prospect wise going into his junior year, and like Brian said he only popped after he was playing behind an O-Line that everyone knew was overwhelming. I'd have taken Mac before him over him and ya'll know I was pretty low on him before the draft. Fields always should have been the second pick and while Lance hasn't worked out so far, at least you can justify taking him high.

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd have taken Mac before him over him

I'd still take him over Jones.  He's only 23.  Agree about Fields.  Especially after the bowl game I just assumed he'd be the second pick.  Never understood that.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He was never worth a first round pick. He was ranked in the 50's prospect wise going into his junior year, and like Brian said he only popped after he was playing behind an O-Line that everyone knew was overwhelming. I'd have taken Mac before him over him and ya'll know I was pretty low on him before the draft. Fields always should have been the second pick and while Lance hasn't worked out so far, at least you can justify taking him high.

Willing to bet that if you put Mac Jones on this Jets team he’d look a hell of a lot better than Wilson has.  Problem is, New England has some shit receivers. 

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'd still take him over Jones.  He's only 23.  Agree about Fields.  Especially after the bowl game I just assumed he'd be the second pick.  Never understood that.

My thought as well. He showed everything you'd ask for from a guy who was that highly regarded.

I think Mac and Zach are round 2-3 guys. I'd take Mac because of the floor because I never believed in Wilson's ceiling.

49 minutes ago, briantw said:

Willing to bet that if you put Mac Jones on this Jets team he’d look a hell of a lot better than Wilson has.  Problem is, New England has some shit receivers. 

They benched him for a guy I'm not sure any of us had heard of. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think Mac and Zach are round 2-3 guys. I'd take Mac because of the floor because I never believed in Wilson's ceiling.

Yeah I don't think Jones will ever be significantly better than he is right now.  I'll go with the ceiling, however improbable.  :dunno:  I'm also looking at this from the vantage point of Shanahan with the Niners roster drafting one of them, so that probably colors things.

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I don't think Jones will ever be significantly better than he is right now.  I'll go with the ceiling, however improbable.  :dunno:  I'm also looking at this from the vantage point of Shanahan with the Niners roster drafting one of them, so that probably colors things.

Agreed Jones is probably as good as he'll ever be, but I do think almost every QB in the league would look better on the Niners now than on their current rosters. The list who wouldn't might just be Mahomes.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Joe Burrow was ranked as a 3rd day pick going into his senior year. Patrick Mahomes was ranked outside the first round. That doesn't mean shit really, players have good final seasons. Wilson though hates contact. That's going to get him out of the league.

35 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

In the group chat for one of my dynasty leagues, someone commented who was coming in the game and I literally sent that gif of Thanos saying “I don’t even know who you are.”

Had never even heard the dude’s name before and have already forgotten what it was. 

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I realize that a lot of expansion teams have bad uniforms (Texans, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Jaguars, the Purple Browns, Tennessee), but the Jets have an actual identity.  Just that their identity doesn't include all-black uniforms.

Bengals uniforms are fire.

57 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

20 minutes ago, briantw said:

In the group chat for one of my dynasty leagues, someone commented who was coming in the game and I literally sent that gif of Thanos saying “I don’t even know who you are.”

Had never even heard the dude’s name before and have already forgotten what it was. 

I wasn't paying attention while I was doing other things.  I looked up and saw some dude in there running on a lot of plays.  So my first assumption was that Wilson had gotten hurt and they had a wide receiver in there as the emergency QB.  I didn't even know it was an actual guy.  :dunno:     Never knew his name then and still don't today.

55 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Joe Burrow was ranked as a 3rd day pick going into his senior year. Patrick Mahomes was ranked outside the first round. That doesn't mean shit really, players have good final seasons. Wilson though hates contact. That's going to get him out of the league.

Burrow also ran possibly the best offense ever and did it in the hardest conference. Wilson played against nothing with a pro O-Line. His collapse was easy to predict.

38 minutes ago, briantw said:

16 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I wasn't paying attention while I was doing other things.  I looked up and saw some dude in there running on a lot of plays.  So my first assumption was that Wilson had gotten hurt and they had a wide receiver in there as the emergency QB.  I didn't even know it was an actual guy.  :dunno:     Never knew his name then and still don't today.

I very much appreciated facing down is 1.78 points in two games. Wilson must have been dreadful. 

If I lose this weekend to a team helmed by McSorley I will be so heartbroken. 

The play of the year for Dallas was the 52 yard pass to T.Y. Hilton on 3rd and 30. That setup the game tying touchdown and the D forced two straight turnovers to seal the win. OBJ who? 

So Philly won at home against a Dak-less Dallas 26-17 and Dallas won at home vs. a Hurts-less Philly 40-34.  Remains to be seen if there will be a rubber match in the playoffs, hopefully with both team's QB's healthy.

Archived