US politics - have you no sense of decency, sir?

IheartIheartTesla

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Remember.  We're all people.  Powerful people that highlight our differences are trying to divide us to keep themselves at the top.  Listen to the people that stress why we each have value.    Hear people out that talk about why we need to come together instead of people that talk about why we need to eliminate those others.

Historically it's been made clear that polarizing people is the best path for temporal power, but in your own life, I implore you to find common ground with your neighbors.  If you're hearing something from any billionaire owned company, check your math.

It's literally billions of us against thousands of them.

This pablum is like a step away from vaguely Q-pilled buzzword nonsense-speak. Make a bunch of longwinded declarative statements that essentially boil down to "We good, they bad." On the surface level, its vague and shallow, feelgood bs, the literary-equivalent of a "Hang in there!" cat poster.

Also, I love how it's always the left's and liberal's jobs to find "common ground" with fascists and conservative chud-fucks who want to murder or imprison them for daring to not have the right opinions about things. Fucking please.

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

That's half funny.  

We're not in an R v D thing actually.  We're in an entrenched elite/oligarchy v the rest of us.  And if you can't get Hunter level of money for your art work or your energy extraction expertise, which side do you think you're on?

Do you pour all of that liquor from the drunk thread directly onto your brain?

8 hours ago, mormont said:

another note, why do media commentators like Stephanopolous, above, keep saying that Trump called for 'suspension' of the constitution? He did not use the word 'suspension'. He said 'termination'.

Many, many, many millions are saying this.  Just not the blob media.

18 hours ago, LongRider said:

Thread from Moore County, NC..  Fuck, it's bad.

A question… are Russian attacks on Ukrainian power infrastructure making it more difficult, globally, to get the parts needed to repair serious damage to electrical distribution infrastructure?

9 hours ago, mormont said:

He said 'termination'. It's as if people can't bring themselves to believe that he meant what he said, so they've inserted what they think he meant.

To be fair, I've called for the document to be dismissed since I was in HS. It's why I didn't become a lawyer like my father and grandfather respectively.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

To be fair, I've called for the document to be dismissed since I was in HS. It's why I didn't become a lawyer like my father and grandfather respectively.

Presumably, since you were in HS, you presumed the Constitution should be replaced by yourself. .... Presumably, you've changed your mind about the latter? :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Presumably, since you were in HS, you presumed the Constitution should be replaced by yourself. .... Presumably, you've changed your mind about the latter? :unsure:

I think a Constitutional convention is long overdue. State populations alone should have demanded it. 

HS me would have made same sex marriage and pot legal, so at least on that front I was ahead of the curve. But no, I'm probably not the person to lead on this. I do hope a likeminded soul would be that person though.

ETA: I've said multiple times that among us, I'd pick @Mlle. Zabzie to be in charge. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think a Constitutional convention is long overdue. State populations alone should have demanded it. 

HS me would have made same sex marriage and pot legal, so at least on that front I was ahead of the curve. But no, I'm probably not the person to lead on this. I do hope a likeminded soul would be that person though.

ETA: I've said multiple times that among us, I'd pick @Mlle. Zabzie to be in charge. 

I'll start writing my inaugural address.  Not sure the trains will always run on time, but the operators will have sick leave...  

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

a Constitutional convention is long overdue.

Even so, perhaps, or not, the only result would be one that guarantees rights only for rich and powerful -- maybe famous.  Which is why the person you mentioned would not be The One.

6 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I'll start writing my inaugural address.  Not sure the trains will always run on time, but the operators will have sick leave...  

A Union for every company, and a lamp post for every billionaire would be an equestrian suggestion.

Oh, and the abolition of Florida (194).

I thought Americans were devoted to their constitution. When I’ve been in the States on the 4th of July I’ve actually seen shops with displays highlighting the Constitution in their windows. Don’t you guys swear oaths to your constitution? Don’t children stand in classrooms and get daily doses of indoctrination on the constitution? Don’t soldiers stand in front of news cameras and talk about how they are fighting to uphold the constitution wherever they are in the world? Don’t Republicans, specifically, brag about how they uphold the constitution?

What the flying F is going on when the former President says terminate the constitution so he can be restored to the presidency, and the entire US doesn’t rise up and shake their fist in his face. Or drag him to a lamppost for the requisite hanging?

”Freedom of speech”?

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought Americans were devoted to their constitution. When I’ve been in the States on the 4th of July I’ve actually seen shops with displays highlighting the Constitution in their windows. Don’t you guys swear oaths to your constitution? Don’t children stand in classrooms and get daily doses of indoctrination on the constitution? Don’t soldiers stand in front of news cameras and talk about how they are fighting to uphold the constitution wherever they are in the world? Don’t Republicans, specifically, brag about how they uphold the constitution?

What the flying F is going on when the former President says terminate the constitution so he can be restored to the presidency, and the entire US doesn’t rise up and shake their fist in his face. Or drag him to a lamppost for the requisite hanging?

”Freedom of speech”?

Ameristan!

Welcome the future, first Right on your Fucking Now 

And holy crap, what are they putting in the water in Colorado? The woman trying to overturn the concept of not discriminating against gay couples, a wedding invitation artist, stood in front of the court building and read a statement that she’s fighting for every artist to have the right to create without the government looking over their shoulder? While crying? W.T.F?

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Even so, perhaps, or not, the only result would be one that guarantees rights only for rich and powerful -- maybe famous.  Which is why the person you mentioned would not be The One.

Nah, she'd restrain my kill the rich instincts. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Calling for a constitutional convention is not the same as calling for the termination of the constitution.  Indeed, it's proposing to apply Article 5 of the Constitution.

There must be plenty of Christian nationalists who would support a constitutional convention in the belief that the silent moral majority would support changing the country into a proper and explicitly Christian "shariah" state. Then there will be another civil war over which version of Christian law is used to subjugate the masses.

Or do they believe the constitution already establishes religion despite it explicitly not establishing religion, so no constitutional convention necessary?

Archived