Football: Squeaky Bum Time

polishgenius

50 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

With stuff like Ben White losing the plot against England teammates after the final whistle, it wouldn't be all that surprising if Arsenal's wheels fell off now.

Its a hope rather than an expectation, I expect at least a 7-8 point lead at the end of the season.  

Lol ben white and other players getting into it with each other will have nothing to do with how we do for the rest of the season.

Our fixtures are tough-ish anyway for a team that isn't in form

Odds of Gareth Bale playing for Wrexham next year?  It would make good TV at least and them tapping him up seemed obvious.  What is financial fair play like in the lower divisions? 

I'm guessing if he could be properly fit he would absolutely ruin the division.

Train strikes on FA cup final day.  Ouch. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

There's no FFP in League 1 and League 2. Clubs in those divisions need to comply with SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocols). Clubs in League 1 cannot spend more than 60% of their gross revenue on wages. The threshold is 55% for League 2.

4 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Perhaps not, but it's not normal at all to start stuff with international teammates.

It all could just be Ben White being a knob, of course.

He always has a little edge to him ( you can see it when he kicks out against Rodri ) & remember he also was the one sent back from the WC squad with England from Qatar, though apparently that was rumoured to be disagreement with the coaching staff.

None of that seems to have affected his performances this season as he's been generally excellent.

Our confidence is low at the moment and to me that's probably the biggest thing that might lead to us dropping more points - but Brighton, Newcastle, Forest away and chelsea aren't easy games to begin with.

Certainly felt like our press wasn't right yesterday, as much as Holding being there was a weakness, I think tactically we got it wrong and it seemed once Xhaka & Partey got sucked into pressing ahead, KDB just found space behind them or played as another striker with Haaland.

I'd say there is..not that much flexibility in the way we play, and it might be useful to see some evolution to that/ changing things when it's obvious our press wasn't working right.

42 minutes ago, Darryk said:

If it weren't for the first half of the season under Tuchel Chelsea might have been in a relegation scrap.

First half is overselling the length of his stay at Chelsea this season. He was dismissed early September after match day 6.

10 points out of 6 games. So 1.6 points per game. Potter added the another 28 points in 22 games. 1.3 ppg. Neither number is particularly great.

34 minutes ago, Raja said:

They can't lose like 6 games in a row, surely

Their remaining fixtures are pretty rough.