Trailer Thread: Reeling them in.

polishgenius

The trailer for Rebel Moon (no link available just yet) looks like supremely generic Zack Snyder bollocks. Soo much BS slowmo, but it looks like they've borrowed bits from every SF franchise under the sun (mostly Star Wars but there's quite a lot of Dune and even a bit of John Carter of Mars in there).

I hope Hopkins got paid a lot for this.

Edited by Werthead

The repeated Gladiator motif of a warrior's hand running over grain, with helpful cuts to Djimon Hounsou, were amusing.

It looks like all surface, just a mish-mash of genre tropes.

100% more Anthony Hopkins and 200% more Daario Naharis than recent Star Wars by my calculations. And lightsabers only better :commie:

36 minutes ago, Ran said:

The repeated Gladiator motif of a warrior's hand running over grain, with helpful cuts to Djimon Hounsou, were amusing.

The hand wasn’t running over the wheat, the robot was just standing very, very still. 

ETA: apparently this trailer contained footage from both instalments.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

1 hour ago, Ran said:

On this: the simpler the better tbh. Snyder's a fun stylist. He hasn't got the chops for much beyond that, especially for a story of his own making. As long as he keeps it to 'I wanted to make a Star Wars movie but they wouldn't let me so I made this' it could be fun to at least a Chronicles of Riddick level. If he tries to go deeper it risks being a Jupiter Ascending.