Videogames Latest: Starfields of Glory

Werthead

Mmh... in some sort of late after effect of my latest Pokémon fangame spree I reinstalled Pokémon Go and took a look at my workplace. Apparently it got three Pokestops and a Gym. Well, that's neat I guess. So for the time being I'm stocked up on balls despite my usual inability to actually walk much as I am too stingy for a mobile internet flat that I wouldn't use much for anything else.

Also just had to go out of my way and take over that gym. According to my log actually the very first time I placed a Pokemon in one. But the Pokemon in there were already pretty badly beaten up, so I thought I could try despite my pathetically low levels. I guess it gave me a confidence boost that three years ago when I last checked the game, I somehow managed to get from a story encounter a WP 2464 Metagross. Put that into the gym and am surprised to see that it's still in there. Maybe it will even survive a day. XD

Also caught my first Pikachu. ... Yes, I'm really behind. Does anyone here still plays it? I would have posted this in the appropriate thread, but it's already archived because of a year of silence.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:10 AM, Ser Not Appearing said:

Feel like I'm dodging bullets trying to avoid Starfield spoilers at this point. With that said, here's some non-spoiler hype:

I haven't, and wouldn't recommend, reading replies. Bound to be spoilers there.

A near-bug free release by Bethesda would have meant it was bought out by Paradox rather than Microsoft. 

Going back to the Total War thing, I'm now kind of disappointed at the same level as most other people by the upcoming DLC. The main issue for me is that when this DLC was touted by CA they said they would be including reworks of factions in each DLC. This one has Tzeentch, Kislev and Cathay and for me Kislev and Cathay really needed some love because they have bare rosters and their mechanics are either bland, have no game impact or are just irritating to deal with.

But in reality CA have barely touched either Kislev or Cathay, what they have done is dumbed down Cathays Harmony mechanic to a point where you wouldn't even think about it. That's it. Add to that, they have barely given any of those factions any new units and it's easy to see now why there is such an uproar about this.

10 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Is BioWare ever gonna make another mass effect or dragon age or original RPG or has EA killed them off permanently? And when is that fucking KOTOR remake coming out ? How hard can it be really…

Dragon Age 4: Dreadwolf is nearing the end of production. I would expect a 2024 release date.

Mass Effect will probably be a while.

Edited by Caligula_K3

3 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

Dragon Age 4: Dreadwolf is nearing the end of production. I would expect a 2024 release date.

Mass Effect will probably be a while.

Thanks. Also I wish they’d go back to Jade Empire, one of their more unique and underrated RPGs. I loved everything about that game ! Remember those glory days when BioWare would make an original RPG masterpiece, one after another?

16 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I still play pretty regularly. It's not as active or fun as it once was but the mega thing is neat now that they made it usable.

Still far away from Mega evolution becoming viable.^^ My main concern is still getting Pokémon that could beat the Team Rocket Admins. That Metagross is right now my only heavy lifter.

If anyone wants to add me: 5648 1333 2653

2 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Thanks. Also I wish they’d go back to Jade Empire, one of their more unique and underrated RPGs. I loved everything about that game ! Remember those glory days when BioWare would make an original RPG masterpiece, one after another?

BioWare and Blizzard were the two favorite companies of my youth. Oh how far they've fallen (although my brother works for Blizzard so...uh...Blizzard are awesome! haha)

Yeah I also put more than 1000+ hours into Warcraft 3 growing up….Blizzard might get acquired by Microsoft and I heard a rumour that EA is also looking for a buyer and presumably Microsoft is in the contention there also. Dunno if it will be any better for these studios  although it can’t get worse than now.

Haha regardless of their quality now , these are still amazing brands to have on anyone’s resume so your bro is still killing it @Darryk

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

23 hours ago, Toth said:

Mmh... in some sort of late after effect of my latest Pokémon fangame spree I reinstalled Pokémon Go and took a look at my workplace. Apparently it got three Pokestops and a Gym. Well, that's neat I guess. So for the time being I'm stocked up on balls despite my usual inability to actually walk much as I am too stingy for a mobile internet flat that I wouldn't use much for anything else.

Also just had to go out of my way and take over that gym. According to my log actually the very first time I placed a Pokemon in one. But the Pokemon in there were already pretty badly beaten up, so I thought I could try despite my pathetically low levels. I guess it gave me a confidence boost that three years ago when I last checked the game, I somehow managed to get from a story encounter a WP 2464 Metagross. Put that into the gym and am surprised to see that it's still in there. Maybe it will even survive a day. XD

Also caught my first Pikachu. ... Yes, I'm really behind. Does anyone here still plays it? I would have posted this in the appropriate thread, but it's already archived because of a year of silence.

I go through active and inactive periods.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Epic Game Store has Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak for free this week. 

And another great game I already bought on GOG and never got around to playing. God damn it! XD

24 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I go through active and inactive periods.

Thanks! And... me too. XD I mean... I am so sparsely active and so lazy, I just realized my only perfect IV Pokemon is a damn Bidoof... which I now evolved and it immediately became my second best Pokemon. :bawl:

3 hours ago, Toth said:

Still far away from Mega evolution becoming viable.^^ My main concern is still getting Pokémon that could beat the Team Rocket Admins. That Metagross is right now my only heavy lifter.

If anyone wants to add me: 5648 1333 2653

So your first priority should be to get a Lucario. Lucario with Power-Up Punch is an absolute beast when it comes to any of the Rocket leads or Giovanni due to the mechanic that any time you use a charged move or switch pokemon you get a 2-3 second window where they do nothing at all. Because PUP is so fast and boosts your attack you can spam it while only being hit once or twice, effectively stunlocking most pokemon - even ones that it isn't very effective against. 

Doing the Mega Rayquaza raids this weekend should also be really helpful. 

30 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

So your first priority should be to get a Lucario. Lucario with Power-Up Punch is an absolute beast when it comes to any of the Rocket leads or Giovanni due to the mechanic that any time you use a charged move or switch pokemon you get a 2-3 second window where they do nothing at all. Because PUP is so fast and boosts your attack you can spam it while only being hit once or twice, effectively stunlocking most pokemon - even ones that it isn't very effective against. 

Doing the Mega Rayquaza raids this weekend should also be really helpful. 

Yeah, the game is a tad more restrictive without the walking around thing. XD So going on raids won't really be a thing for me. Not to mention I just don't have that many Hyper Balls to catch any boss even if I don't get flattened.