Ukraine War: Wagner’s fading thrust

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

What I hope is this strengthens Ukraine.  But as Prigozhin has complained for long time that the official Russian military structure has been choking on materiel supplies to his forces, I worry.

Fixing corruption isn't ever simple.  There is no way they're going to get it fixed on the fly during a war while under sanctions.  

If this ends with Wagner exiled, then this has been a pretty big win for Ukraine.  Russia's loses some of its best fighters in Wagner, and a few aircraft are down.  Not too mention Putin needing to focus on Russian security rather than defending Zaporihzhya.

Edited by Maithanet

Irrelevant?  The latitude of Fargo (North Dakota) and Moorehead (Minnesota) on the Red River of the North is the same latitude as Rostov.  ND has lots of Ukrainian homesteader heritage voters.

:read: :cheers: :dunno:  They have been big supporters of the US supporting Ukraine, unlike the rest of the magarat states of mind.

7 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The Russian units that joined with Wagner must be shitting bricks. I can see imminent transfers to the frontline

More like transfers to open windows and jail cells. It's hard to see a paranoid person like Putin ever trusting any of these people again. While this did turn out to be a bummer for everyone that wanted to see Putin ripped to pieces at least it likely helped Ukraine. 

3 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Money, I assume.  

He controls diamond mines in Africa. Humiliating a man who poisons his enemies with nerve agents and radioactive materials in front of the whole world is not what I would consider a shrewd move

What Prigozhin gets is all the Russian state military matériel and hands off conducting the Ukraine invasion as he likes.  In the end he'll add most valuable Ukraine territory to his already massive property portfolio.  Or so he may think.

Edited by Zorral

54 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

What exactly did Prigozhin gain from all of this? Isnt he in a worse position now since before the coup?

I assume he gets to keep his band.

What started this was this pissing contest between Wagner and MoD, with Putin siding with the MoD and demanding the Wagnerites sign new contracts with MoD and thus defacto taking Prigozhin's toy away.

Assuming he really is as big an idiot as he seems, I think he wants to keep his toys to raise his profille (war hero shizzle) to actually get elected into office instead of taking it by rights of conquest. Of course he won't live to see the next election. But that's how I'd read the situation.

P.S.

As required by law. When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There's no middle ground. Prizhogin is gonna learn the hard way.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

21 minutes ago, Zorral said:

What Prigozhin gets is all the Russian state military matériel and hands off conducting the Ukraine invasion as he likes.  In the end he'll add most valuable Ukraine territory to his already massive property portfolio.  Or so he may think.

Perhaps. But a few hours ago he was in position to get pretty much all the property of Russia. Seems like a poor trade off.

3 minutes ago, Fez said:

Perhaps. But a few hours ago he was in position to get pretty much all the property of Russia. Seems like a poor trade off.

I know no more than thee, so, :dunno:

In the meantime though, I hope desatanist is paying attention here, as he's hiring his own state praetorian, private and personal armed force from dismissed, demoted and reprimanded cops across the country.

Major war in Europe. Worldwide pandemic. Titanic claiming lives through hubris and lack of safety. Revolution  in Russia.

The 2020’s are playing the 1910’s greatest hits

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

16 minutes ago, The Wondering Wolf said:

Looks like Prigozhin is more a Pompey than a Caesar. So fleeing to Africa is the next move. Although there might be some leader there who wants to do Putin a favour...

Anyone carrying out that task will find Putin more grateful than Ceasar