Star Wars: Critical Divide (This is the way)

Myrddin

29 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Nice. Back to the George Lucas hate. Real classy. Weren’t you the same people crying about all the unnecessary ‘hate boners’ Kathy Kennedy was getting from all the SW fans ? Seeing the irony now ? 

I love Lucas for a lot of things. Midichlorians ain't ever going to be one of them.

1 hour ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Nice. Back to the George Lucas hate. Real classy. Weren’t you the same people crying about all the unnecessary ‘hate boners’ Kathy Kennedy was getting from all the SW fans ? Seeing the irony now ? 

I have three word for you.

“Jar… Jar… Binks”.

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Force sensitivity depends on one’s midichlorian count. This is very much still canon, not sure why you’re ignoring it.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Yeah, cause it was a dumb decision.

Nobody cares about midichlorian. Calling it 'hate' is just absurd, really :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, JGP said:

Because it was a dogshit Lucas insert lol

-deep inhale-

PREQUEL FIGHT! PREQUEL FIGHT! PREQUEL FIGHT!

I’m going to figure out this cycle I promise. 

You know, maybe midichlorians are catching. I mean, micro organisms get around don’t they? You hang out with a Jedi long enough without your N95 mask and you’re bound to catch some midichlorians. 

“Ahh Choo!!!” “Bless you… Here; have a tissue.” As the Kleenex box levitates off the table…

My original point was that disliking something doesn't suddenly make it not count. I don’t like the ST , doesn't mean it’s suddenly non-canon. So debating how someone shows affinity towards the force is pretty pointless when there’s already a clear explanation for this in the Star Wars Canon. I’m not sure why you guys are ignoring it when Filoni and Disney have made it clear that Midichlorians are still officially a thing. The guide book to Mando even mentioned M-Count for S02E04. 

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

This you?

On 8/28/2023 at 4:57 PM, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

That miracle will be Superman Legacy ! We haven’t had a real superman film since 1980

On 8/28/2023 at 5:42 PM, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I meant that theyre  all shit

I particularly enjoy the little detail here that you deliberately baited with that midi-chlorian answer knowing people would make jokes about it so you could have another moan about not everyone liking the prequels as much as you. 

Midichlorians are indeed a thing, but do we have a scale? Or any numbers attached to it at all? I don’t see why one disproves the other, Sabine could have a count of 18 and Anakin 902. The basic theory still works.

(But also midichlorians are fucking stupid, the way Yoda talks about the force in Empire is pretty much the last thing I wanted to have an XP system attached to it.)

11 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

This you?

I particularly enjoy the little detail here that you deliberately baited with that midi-chlorian answer knowing people would make jokes about it so you could have another moan about not everyone liking the prequels as much as you. 

Not really, they’re such a small part of the films and overall universe that it still baffled me that people are deliberately ignoring it and calling it ‘Lucas’s dogshit ‘on this forum. That’s why I had to speak up about it. And it dosent break the SW universe as badly as anything in the STs so that’s why I’m having a tough time understanding everyone’s (still)vitriolic response to it. It’s up there with Jar Jar in hate I guess. The nerd rage is really strong with this one. 

Iirc midichlorians were either retconned or always meant to be an indicator of force power, not a generator. They were effectively bacteria that thrived based on a person's affinity to the force. 

That said Lucas did want to do this whole mini world of the Whills thing so who knows.

9 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Midichlorians are indeed a thing, but do we have a scale? Or any numbers attached to it at all? I don’t see why one disproves the other, Sabine could have a count of 18 and Anakin 902. The basic theory still works.

(But also midichlorians are fucking stupid, the way Yoda talks about the force in Empire is pretty much the last thing I wanted to have an XP system attached to it.)

I have a feeling they will go into more details on Sabines numbers in later episodes. Or have that number as part of a companion piece (ancillary guidebook)to the show to avoid controversy with the older fanbase. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

28 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Iirc midichlorians were either retconned or always meant to be an indicator of force power, not a generator. They were effectively bacteria that thrived based on a person's affinity to the force. 

That said Lucas did want to do this whole mini world of the Whills thing so who knows.

Yeah I’d definitely want more details on which leads to which one. It’s a bit like the chicken-egg  conundrum. But the fact that blood transfusion to obtain midichlorians to instil force powers in someone has been a thing with General Grivious and Moff Gideon (hinted at) leads me to feel that it could be a generator. Palps says the same in regards to Anakin’s creation and Virgin Birth in ROTS. Hopefully they explore more of it in regards to Sabine.

7 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

That’s why I had to speak up about it.

You had to speak up about it coz you've got a double standard where you're allowed to shit on things but if you like something else no-one else is allowed to shit on it and I'm sorry, it's tiresome. 'Let people hate things' applies doubly when you yourself like to hate things. 

Like I said earlier,they can still hate it and acknowledge it’s existence. People were trying to justify Sabine’s affinity to the force without even bringing up Midichlorians as a possible logical answer, and pretending it’s no longer canon.That’s why I mentioned them. As a possible source of explanation to the debate. Hate it all you want but don’t pretend like it’s not a thing in SW. 

6 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Actually, we're putting @Ran on the show, and they're gonna do cartwheels for us while eating twinkies at the SAME TIME. All while evading laser blast fire. It's gonna be SICK BRO! :D

I have a rider in my contract -- no Twinkies, HoHos are an acceptable substitution.

16 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Ah, so now people are only allowed to discuss the things you want them to discuss. Got it. 

My point is to discuss every viewpoint. When there’s a clearly a canonical explanation given for force affinity in the movies and there’s no mention of them on this thread and they haven’t been well received by the older fans, it’s not hard to see that it’s being deliberately ignored.

I just wanted to bring them into the discussion (not exclusively)