Watched, Watch, Watching: Pink Bombs

Corvinus85

I finally watched the first episode. O lordie, in contrast with Justified, this stuff is a Voltaic Pile experiment instead of a living body with a nervous system and beating heart. That kid, an inert pile of irrelevance.  Nor is there any reason whatsoever for him to be in Detroit.  Desperate much, FX?  Why the eff do something new and original instead of zombifying?  

30 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I finally watched the first episode. O lordie, in contrast with Justified, this stuff is a Voltaic Pile experiment instead of a living body with a nervous system and beating heart. That kid, an inert pile of irrelevance.  Nor is there any reason whatsoever for him to be in Detroit.  Desperate much, FX?  Why the eff do something new and original instead of zombifying?  

booooooooooo

31 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Not so, as the story and comments tell us.  It has happened in other states as well.

America then.

I’d humbly suggest that if these idiots are willing to commit violent crimes, including murder, over a dispute about seating at a theatre, the problem isn’t with the theaters seating policy. 

Does New Mexico have the death penalty?

4 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

America then.

I’d humbly suggest that if these idiots are willing to commit violent crimes, including murder, over a dispute about seating at a theatre, the problem isn’t with the theaters seating policy. 

Does New Mexico have the death penalty?

I've been flying a lot since a kid. People always take the seat you paid extra for. If you have a first class ticket they'll do something about it, but if you're in coach you're mostly just told to find another seat instead of making a scene. It's ridiculous, especially when the seat taker acts like they're in the right. People suck.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've been flying a lot since a kid. People always take the seat you paid extra for. If you have a first class ticket they'll do something about it, but if you're in coach you're mostly just told to find another seat instead of making a scene. It's ridiculous, especially when the seat taker acts like they're in the right. People suck.

I haven’t flown in a while but I used to fly quite a bit. I’ve literally never had that experience. I’ll take your word for it.

reading that, I’m glad I’ve never flown in a while.

Never had the experience personally either. Every case I've seen of someone else being in the wrong seat was just politely sorted out. Maybe it's more a US issue.

Speaking of flying, and the topic at hand, the third episode of What We Do in the Shadows is gloriously silly, featuring the topic of whether vampires can fly to outer space while "Dolly Nadja" tries to lose her virginity and Lazlo runs experiments on Guillermo and also faffs about helping his friend Sean put on a Pride Parade to try and win the comptrolle seat for Statent Island. It's just absurd, and Nandor somehow manages to take the cake with his dramatic entry into the parade. Haven't laughed that hard in awhile.

37 minutes ago, Ran said:

Never had the experience personally either. Every case I've seen of someone else being in the wrong seat was just politely sorted out. Maybe it's more a US issue.

When it's a mistake, that happens every time. And sometimes you run into a case where a parent is with young kids they couldn't get connecting seats for and you just swallow that one. But I've often run into situations where someone just takes your seat and won't leave and personally I don't want to make a mess, but at the same time it's bullshit. At least you can usually get some free things out of it, however, Idk why anyone thinks that is okay. 

To bring it back to the original point, they should have gotten an usher, but I doubt that would have ended up much better. That person probably would have either done nothing or gotten attacked themselves. So many people are just behaving awfully these days. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

When it's a mistake, that happens every time. And sometimes you run into a case where a parent is with young kids they couldn't get connecting seats for and you just swallow that one. But I've often run into situations where someone just takes your seat and won't leave and personally I don't want to make a mess, but at the same time it's bullshit. At least you can usually get some free things out of it, however, Idk why anyone thinks that is okay. 

To bring it back to the original point, they should have gotten an usher, but I doubt that would have ended up much better. That person probably would have either done nothing or gotten attacked themselves. So many people are just behaving awfully these days. 

I’m trying to think of viral videos of people having tantrums or public freak outs on a plane where the person wasn’t either American or British; maybe Canadian. I can’t think of one. 

it must happen, right? 

29 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I’m trying to think of viral videos of people having tantrums or public freak outs on a plane where the person wasn’t either American or British; maybe Canadian. I can’t think of one. 

it must happen, right? 

Of course it does. You see those ones because the ones where you can understand the rants are the ones that go viral on English-language social media. Other languages don't crossover or make our news unless something happens like a plane gets grounded coz some old Chinese bloke tries to open the door mid-flight for fresh air.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:59 PM, SpaceChampion said:

The Dragon Prince, Season 5 Episode 2:

Reveal hidden contents

Not even subtle about the Twin Peaks Black Lodge references.

Episode 6:

Spoiler

And now there's a reference to DS9's self-sealing stem bolts.  :laugh:

5 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Anyone seen Sound of Freedom ? It seems to be doing really well, even beating out MI7 this week, was curious about it ! 

Supposed to be a pretty blah nothing of a movie that those 'in the know' (aka Qanon lunatics) are frothing over.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/jul/06/sound-of-freedom-movie-qanon-jim-caviezel

And yet a coating of plausible deniability covers a film that takes care to be the most anodyne version of itself, all while giving those in the know just enough to latch onto. The traffickers are anonymous foreigners, mentioned as “rebels” in an unspecified regional conflict with no connection to the alleged Clinton Crime Family, though a title card at the end points back to America as a hub for the “$150bn business” of exploitation. The religious dimension seldom extends beyond a god-fearing undertone, most perceptible in archetypes like the reformed sinner on the righteous path. (Character actor supreme Bill Camp classes up the joint as “Vampiro”, a former narco who gave up his profligate lifestyle after fornicating with a 14-year-old while in a cocaine haze.) The trafficking follows no motivation more elaborate than the servicing of rich predators, eliding all talk of body-part black markets and the precious organic biochemical of adrenochrome harvested as a Satanic key to eternal life. The first rule of QAnon: you don’t talk about QAnon where the normals can hear you.

Caviezel has saved that for his promotional media appearances, such as a recent drop-in to Steve Bannon’s show War Room on MyPillow proprietor Mike Lindell’s streaming channel Lindell TV. In the course of their interview, he conveyed the severity of the situation by explaining that an enterprising salesperson would have to move 1,000 barrels of oil to match the sum they’d get for filling one barrel with the rendered corpses of the innocent. Elsewhere, he’s parroted falsehoods about Pizzagate and other underground cells subsisting on human blood, all of it pointing back to a foundation of conspiratorial thought targeting the Jewish and transgender communities.

I went to see Barbie. I guess I got caught up in the PR way too much, because I went in with positive expectations and looking forward to a fun chick flick. I so desperately wanted to love this movie. I can genuinely tell you, I held out hope up until the very end. When they addressed how things shouldn’t be exactly as they were about 5 minutes before the end, I watched with my fingers crossed and heart rate elevated and waited for the movie to finally be the bigger “person” and fix itself. And it didn’t. I left the theater blue and disappointed. 

Spoiler

I loved the props, the costumes, the callbacks to historical barbie releases and models, the set, all the creative details in BarbieLand, I loved Margot Robbie’s performance, I liked the space odyssey Barbie legs (even though the rest of the opening scene was bordering on disturbing), I liked the real Barbara cameo, I liked America Ferrara’s character and Ruth’s character, I kinda liked the cartoon-Esau’s Mattel building chase, I loved Barbie’s malfunctions and I liked the overplayed weird Barbie. I really liked Barbie’s pink Birkenstocks in the end, the actual water in the glass that she spilled on herself, the plastic tie “handcuffs” in the Barbie box, and a ton of fun creative details. sadly that’s just the surface, plastic and fantastic. 

underneath that, the story and themes are a hodgepodge, the dialogue is insufferable and this kind of “humor” just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t find it funny. I laughed like four times. I felt sad and hollow, like all the washing rubbed a hole into my brain. It was a painful disappointment. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

I was poking around on Prime and stumbled over this Korean sci fi fantasy movie called Alienoid from 2022.  This movie has everything; aliens, robots, time travel, martial arts, and magic all wrapped up in a fun story with great characters.  

The only problem was just as it was seemed to be winding things up, it threw in a new twist followed shortly by the words "To Be Continued...".    Part 2 is supposed to be released in 2023, but can't find out any further details when it will be released exactly and even then not sure when it will reach U.S. or Prime. 

I need Part 2, dammit.

9 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I went to see Barbie. I guess I got caught up in the PR way too much, because I went in with positive expectations and looking forward to a fun chick flick. I so desperately wanted to love this movie. I can genuinely tell you, I held out hope up until the very end. When they addressed how things shouldn’t be exactly as they were about 5 minutes before the end, I watched with my fingers crossed and heart rate elevated and waited for the movie to finally be the bigger “person” and fix itself. And it didn’t. I left the theater blue and disappointed. 

Hide contents

I loved the props, the costumes, the callbacks to historical barbie releases and models, the set, all the creative details in BarbieLand, I loved Margot Robbie’s performance, I liked the space odyssey Barbie legs (even though the rest of the opening scene was bordering on disturbing), I liked the real Barbara cameo, I liked America Ferrara’s character and Ruth’s character, I kinda liked the cartoon-Esau’s Mattel building chase, I loved Barbie’s malfunctions and I liked the overplayed weird Barbie. I really liked Barbie’s pink Birkenstocks in the end, the actual water in the glass that she spilled on herself, the plastic tie “handcuffs” in the Barbie box, and a ton of fun creative details. sadly that’s just the surface, plastic and fantastic. 

underneath that, the story and themes are a hodgepodge, the dialogue is insufferable and this kind of “humor” just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t find it funny. I laughed like four times. I felt sad and hollow, like all the washing rubbed a hole into my brain. It was a painful disappointment. 

Did you wear pink?