Which theorist/contributor do you miss most from the general forum?

Sandy Clegg

... and how can we persuade them back?

I used to read a lot of posts on reddit saying this forum was "toxic" which I haven't found to be true at all. You guys are all generally sweethearts. :) But apparently some theorists did leave because  ... well, I imagine you all know the reasons why people get fed up with forums. 

These days, though, I feel like this community is fairly open-minded and inclusive of most opinions. Am I wrong?

I was reading some of @Bran Vras old posts and he had a really rigorous way of looking at details, and it would be nice if e.g. his voice were still among the throng. I mean, no way @LmL is coming back as you don't get paid for posting theories on here. But there must be others.

So, who do you guys miss? Give them an @ shout-out and maybe through dark arts we can summon them back ...

Edited by Sandy Clegg

39 minutes ago, Sandy Clegg said:

maybe through dark arts we can summon them back ..

I would, but I am currently holding all my duplicated/unnecessary organs (spleen, appendix, one lung, one kidney, 2/3 liver, possibly one half of the frontal lobe if the situation gets desperate) as payment for the new book so I have none to spare at the moment.

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

I would, but I am currently holding all my duplicated/unnecessary organs (spleen, appendix, one lung, one kidney, 2/3 liver, possibly one half of the frontal lobe if the situation gets desperate) as payment for the new book so I have none to spare at the moment.

Maybe we can sacrifice a few of the Stark-hate crowd...

Haven't heard from @Seams in a while. Though I've been off and on a lot, so I may have missed a few of their generally wonderful posts.

10 hours ago, Sandy Clegg said:

I used to read a lot of posts on reddit saying this forum was "toxic" which I haven't found to be true at all

Ironically, Reddit seems far more toxic than anything on here.

5 hours ago, LongRider said:

@OldGimletEye was one of my favorites.  He wrote interesting posts and had a good sense of humor.  Wherever he is, I wish him well.  @Booknerd2 she who started the Riverland Web threads, again, hope all is well.

Ditto. And I’d say a great sense of humour! Maybe the winds of winter will blow him back here. 

2 hours ago, Lord Domeric Bolton said:

Apple Martini

A favourite poster of mine also; never noticed much about Dany strangely.

Now appears as @assjfjgjsgjljljglgjfjsduar, which I guess means the account is sort of retired, but I was always bad at picking up on hints, and anyway, lots of good stuff there.

It feels like there was a golden age in a way, but in hindsight posters could be very strict. Couldn't stray off topic. Or even disagree sometimes.