NFL 2023: No Swifties Allowed

Mr. Chatywin et al.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

Browns beat Niners... Watson out for season

Vikings beat Niners... Cousins out for season

Cincy beats Niners...

Karma is coming for you!!!

Shhhh.... giving away Dallas' secret. Get destroyed by niners and survive to fight again!  The eggles and niners play in a few weeks and hopefully this trend continues.

Burrow has sprained right wrist per reports.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Shhhh.... giving away Dallas' secret. Get destroyed by niners and survive to fight again!  The eggles and niners play in a few weeks and hopefully this trend continues.

Burrow has sprained right wrist per reports.

Lose to the Eagles in December... get Mariota in the playoffs.  :idea:

13 hours ago, Mexal said:

Anyway, doesn't matter. Season is basically over. We can't win this game with Jake Browning and refs who call phantom DPIs.

I wouldn't write them off yet.  Browning looked pretty good to me coming in cold and with his first 'start' in the NFL.  He scampered well and several of the missed passes were dropped or the DB did a good job defending them.  He also didnt seem to deflate when the score was getting out of hand, unlike the defense. 

7 minutes ago, horangi said:

I wouldn't write them off yet.  Browning looked pretty good to me coming in cold and with his first 'start' in the NFL.  He scampered well and several of the missed passes were dropped or the DB did a good job defending them.  He also didnt seem to deflate when the score was getting out of hand, unlike the defense. 

Defense is bad. Bengals still have to play Pittsburgh defense twice, Browns once, Chiefs and not a single team the rest of the way on their schedule has a losing record. They aren't winning those games with Browning, who has no arm strength. At 5-5, they basically need to go 5-2 the rest of the way to have a chance (and it's just a chance with their terrible division and AFC record). I don't see 5 wins with Browning at QB and how the defense is playing.

Just a lost season, that started the 2nd day of training camp. Waste of Year 4 from Burrow.

Edited by Mexal

It is definitely getting late early for big early season favorites Buffalo and Cincy.  Really didn't see the season playing out this way for either of them.  Staying in the upper echelon for year after year is really hard in the NFL.  It really highlights how easy guys like Mahomes, Brady and P. Manning made/make it look.  

44 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is definitely getting late early for big early season favorites Buffalo and Cincy.  Really didn't see the season playing out this way for either of them.  Staying in the upper echelon for year after year is really hard in the NFL.  It really highlights how easy guys like Mahomes, Brady and P. Manning made/make it look.  

You make preseason assumptions based on health. Injuries can derail the biggest favorites.

2023 is the season of broken QBs.

9 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Well you can then tank the season and reload for next year. Few teams can just win consistently every year.

Bengals window is closing. Burrow's contract kicks in soon and they have a lot of tough decisions to make when it comes to paying other players. They'll be a top tier team next year assuming Burrow is fine, but after that who knows. Their trajectory is probably like the Bills. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bengals window is closing. Burrow's contract kicks in soon and they have a lot of tough decisions to make when it comes to paying other players. They'll be a top tier team next year assuming Burrow is fine, but after that who knows. Their trajectory is probably like the Bills. 

Nah. If Burrow is as good as most of us think, the window is as long as he's playing. They need to hit on some picks, make smart FA decisions and rely on young players, but that's nothing new. I don't think Burrow's window was literally his rookie contract because if it was, they should have traded him and tanked for #1 pick.

20 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Well you can then tank the season and reload for next year. Few teams can just win consistently every year.

I hope they lose every game they have left to do just that.

Edited by Mexal

32 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nah. If Burrow is as good as most of us think, the window is as long as he's playing. They need to hit on some picks, make smart FA decisions and rely on young players, but that's nothing new. I don't think Burrow's window was literally his rookie contract because if it was, they should have traded him and tanked for #1 pick.

His window is 5-10 years assuming he can stay healthy (which is getting shakier) and I don't think it's a given the talent around him will always be as good as it has been recently. Chase is likely going to get a monster deal and the two of them will eat up a large part of the cap. That's not been proven to be a sustainable model yet.

49 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I hope they lose every game they have left to do just that.

There are a couple of supposed can't miss LT's in the top of the draft, one would help Burrow immensely. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

His window is 5-10 years assuming he can stay healthy (which is getting shakier) and I don't think it's a given the talent around him will always be as good as it has been recently. Chase is likely going to get a monster deal and the two of them will eat up a large part of the cap. That's not been proven to be a sustainable model yet.

I get it. That's why they need to draft well. If they don't, then yea, it'll be hard.

52 minutes ago, dbunting said:

There are a couple of supposed can't miss LT's in the top of the draft, one would help Burrow immensely. 

God I hope so. Issue is we just spent all that money on Orlando Brown but I'll take a can't miss RT, especially given Jonah Williams is gone. We also need a new LG fairly badly.

Edited by Mexal

29 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

After just his 2nd start of the season, Tommy DeVito has now tripled Danny Dimes passing td’s for the season. 

Four straight seasons he's thrown fewer TDs than games started. Gotta pay that man the big bucks. :P