Israel - Hamas War IV

kissdbyfire

49 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

We've seen, plenty of times in the past, Israel commit then deny their war crimes, only to be backed to the hilt by their Christian Zionist chums in Washington and in London.

So, forgive me for not swallowing anything they spew out into the public domain.

Sure. We've also seen numerous examples of Hamas lying as well with the latter having no oversight, so forgive me if I trust the former more while acknowledging they're also pieces of shit. 

It does seem more likely now as more comes out that this was a misfire that was launched in Gaza. If that's proven to be correct do you think the surrounding countries that condemned Israel for the attack will walk their claims back or just insist that it was them anyways? 

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sure. We've also seen numerous examples of Hamas lying as well with the latter having no oversight, so forgive me if I trust the former more while acknowledging they're also pieces of shit. 

It does seem more likely now as more comes out that this was a misfire that was launched in Gaza. If that's proven to be correct do you think the surrounding countries that condemned Israel for the attack will walk their claims back or just insist that it was them anyways? 

The argument will move onto "It was Israel's fault anyway", as Hamas were just fighting back.  I have seen that viewpoint starting to emerge.

It's clear that a lot of people on social media wanted to believe that it was an Israeli bomb.

Edited by SeanF

13 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It's as bad as "Jews were tipped off to stay away from work on 9/11,"

Yeah they were dancing in the streets doncha know/s.

It’s the type of essentialist, they’re all in on it level racism that can very quickly spiral into dark places, it doesn’t allow for innocents.

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yeah they were dancing in the streets doncha know/s.

It’s the type of essentialist, they’re all in on it level racism that can very quickly spiral into dark places, it doesn’t allow for innocents.

Richard Madley is just an idiot, he's been famous for saying incredibly stupid things for 3 decades, that's his thing. 

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Explain to me how shrapnel (it was shrapnel, that's what they are saying, right?) from a falling missile can cause so many deaths? Preferably your explanation should be in line with all known laws of physics.

No, they were not saying it was shrapnel. 

The primary story they've said is that a rocket launch went astray and hit the area.

I will reiterate again - if you care about the truth and about good information you have to be careful. You especially should be careful about news that confirms your biases most. You ESPECIALLY should be careful from anything on Twitter; my current rule of thumb is to assume any one who I have not followed for years is full of shit, and find original sources for any reporting from those people that I do normally trust (because they can be duped too).

2 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

This multiplied by 1,000..."X" (formerly known as Twitter) is NOT a news source, if it ever once was a convenient place for journalists to hang out, it is not that anymore. It is a cesspool of Elon Musk's making. 

As if it wasn't a cesspool before Musk.

34 minutes ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

No, they were not saying it was shrapnel. 

The primary story they've said is that a rocket launch went astray and hit the area.

I will reiterate again - if you care about the truth and about good information you have to be careful. You especially should be careful about news that confirms your biases most. You ESPECIALLY should be careful from anything on Twitter; my current rule of thumb is to assume any one who I have not followed for years is full of shit, and find original sources for any reporting from those people that I do normally trust (because they can be duped too).

Sure. But that goes both ways. 

So, please tell me, what are we supposed to think when the Netanyahu-appointed Israeli Digital Mouthpiece (or whatever the fuck his job title is), who has been tweeting pretty accurately since he was appointed, posts the following, only to delete it shortly afterwards?

Of course, the tweet might be fake. Dude might never have tweeted it. But, assuming it isn't a mock-up, what the fuck are we supposed to think? 

ETA: Mr Mouthpiece is now tweeting video that he claims is the missile launch from the cemetery behind the hospital.

It has already been debunked. The video he is sharing was filmed in 2022.

Edited by Spockydog

There has been a lot of accusations on both sides, but the piece that makes me really question the whole thing is the photo from the impact. Has it been debunked yet?

Because the photo shows pretty convincingly that no hospital has been hit in the first place, and while, sure, some people probably did die, the whole thing has been blown massively out of proportion. 

Edited by Dofs

This Jackson Hinckle person is wildly unhinged and a quick Google shows he's a notorious "Breadtube" grifter. Please, get better sources of information.

His sharing an alleged screenshot again says nothing, as screenshots can be doctored, and until someone can show the tweet actually live in an archive or can at least show the actual tweet link, we can't say that that tweet existed.

I also love the fact that you are willing to call IDF's "digital mouthpiece" accurate, except you are now also saying that, oops, he's tweeting debunked stuff. What is it, is he accurate or not trustworthy? It seems to me that your actual position, if you were interested in being consistent with your priors regarding Israel, would be to disbelieve everything coming from the account and simply ignore it rather than use it to determine reality in any way, shape, or form.

Please, with all my good will, take what Kalnak said to you to heart about social media and Twitter. You should absolutely not be using it as a source for anything.

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Sure. But that goes both ways. 

So, please tell me, what are we supposed to think when the official Israeli Digital Mouthpiece (or whatever the fuck his job title is), who has been tweeting pretty accurately since he was appointed, posts the following, only to delete it shortly afterwards?

Of course, the tweet might be fake. Dude might never have tweeted it. But, assuming it isn't a mock-up, what the fuck are we supposed to think? 

ETA: Mr Mouthpiece is now tweeting video that he claims is the missile launch from the cemetery behind the hospital.

It has already been debunked. The video he is sharing was filmed in 2022.

The person you're referring to is an Israeli influencer who as far as I can tell has no formal relationship with the government. I don't know why you didn't bother looking that up but it didn't take me very long. Their views are as worthless as anyone else's.

I don't see how this refutes anything I said. Note that I didn't say anything about the veracity of the idf or the US or hamas - the rule applies regardless of the side. And again, the most important thing is to be extra cautious when it triggers your biases the most. That is when you are less likely to think twice and most likely to share quickly.

6 minutes ago, Ran said:

His sharing an alleged screenshot again says nothing, as screenshots can be doctored, and until someone can show the tweet actually live in an archive or can at least show the actual tweet link, we can't say that that tweet existed.

I also love the fact that you are willing to call IDF's "digital mouthpiece" accurate, except you are now also saying that, oops, he's tweeting debunked stuff. What is it, is he accurate or not trustworthy? It seems to me that your actual position, if you were interested in being consistent with your priors regarding Israel, would be to disbelieve everything coming from the account and simply ignore it rather than use it to determine reality in any way, shape, or form.

Please, with all my good will, take what Kalnak said to you to heart about social media and Twitter. You should absolutely not be using it as a source for anything.

Yes, but the tweet did exist. Netanyahu's guy definitely tweeted it. It wasn't fake. We know that because he admitted it after deleting it. But the guy is now blaming Reuters. He is lying about that, too. His original tweet had nothing at all to do with Reuters. He did not share any Reuters story. Just some shit about how sad it was that Hamas were using hospitals as bases.

So, what now?

Edited by Spockydog

The Jews Pushing Israel to Stop the War
At the White House, hundreds pleaded: “How dare you use my grief to justify killing innocent civilians in my name?”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/10/jewish-protest-white-house-israel-war-gaza-hamas.html

Palestinians are also protesting Hamas.

This is the real both-sidesism, which we all need to support.