Israel - Hamas War IV

kissdbyfire

I lack a Twitter account to be roaming Twitter, but I regularly follow the work of political Twitch streamer HasanAbi. (It's my go-to source of information)

Very vulgar on occasions, but I think he makes a really good job at giving an insight in just about everything he talks about. Just saying this because any information I gather from Twitter is through his streams/videos, @Ran.

https://www.twitch.tv/hasanabi

How reliable is this? 

https://x.com/itranslate123/status/1714351962550919498?s=61&t=e0wBLSqN7GCnoATx0iX76w

ETA: not at all reliable, since the tweet this guys claims was posted minutes after the hospital attack is, I’m fact, from the 16th.

Edited by kissdbyfire

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

That is verified as far as I know, though the one that has been going around from facebook that purports to be an IDF page that said they euthanized everyone at the hospital to give them a painless death is dubious at best and more likely than not a troll account.

Also no link to the alleged deleted tweet. That said, I would assume the language regards jihadists.

But one interesting thing is the disinformation online is insisting the explosion happened at like 7:40 local time, thereabouts, while this suggests it happened around 7.

I note it because people have been attacking the Al-Jazeera footage that has been posted, which had an 18:59 timestamp, as being too early.

I imagine there'll be a lot more information tomorrow, with analysis from experts.

5 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

That is verified as far as I know, though the one that has been going around from facebook that purports to be an IDF page that said they euthanized everyone at the hospital to give them a painless death is dubious at best and more likely than not a troll account.

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

Also no link to the alleged deleted tweet. That said, I would assume the language regards jihadists.

But one interesting thing is the disinformation online is insisting the explosion happened at like 7:40 local time, thereabouts, while this suggests it happened around 7.

I note it because people have been attacking the Al-Jazeera footage that has been posted, which had an 18:59 timestamp, as being too early.

I imagine there'll be a lot more information tomorrow, with analysis from experts.

I edited my post but I guess no one saw it. The link I posted is not reliable at all since the alleged tweet from Netanyahu’s account is from yesterday. 
It’s really hard having to go through all the outrageous total bollocks on fElon’s Twitter to try and find reliable stuff. 
And everyone’s so hooked on their outrage hits that no one even bothers looking at the most basic stuff, like when was it posted. No wonder disinformation and misinformation are at the levels they are atm.

Edited by kissdbyfire

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I wish the International Community would do more to stop the suffering of innocents.

There is a war going on in the center of Europe that makes this Gaza conflict a fight between children in comparison in scale, human suffering, civilian casualties, destruction etc. for a year and a half now with no end in sight. It almost became old news actually.

No one even noticed Karabah. 

The Israeli-Gaza war will also become old news eventually.

And more and more people will die. 

Hope another war won't start anywhere else, but the trend is very worrying.

Yes, it’s a cesspool of disinformation and people looking for their next outrage fix. Sigh. 

On a side-ish note, how long would it take until we have reliable info on what happened at the hospital? Will it even be possible to have a proper analysis done?

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, it’s a cesspool of disinformation and people looking for their next outrage fix. Sigh. 

On a side-ish note, how long would it take until we have reliable info on what happened at the hospital? Will it even be possible to have a proper analysis done?

It's not even just people looking for outrage, it is people who are financially incentivized to do so. Twitter is paying people to drive engagement, and posing bullshit and rage bait is one of the best ways to go about it.

3 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

It's not even just people looking for outrage, it is people who are financially incentivized to do so. Twitter is paying people to drive engagement, and posing bullshit and rage bait is one of the best ways to go about it.

I didn't know that but it makes perfect sense. Ugh. 

The big meeting in Jordan between Biden and the leaders of Egypt, Jordan and the Palestinian Authority has been postponed. With Abbas pulling out it was felt it was pointless. Jordan and Egypt may also be shifting to a firmer line that Israel must halt its ongoing attacks and give a chance for diplomacy to kick in.

Fleets of helicopters zooming over me as I return home.  Dueling Palestinian/Israel rallies going on  in Washington Square Park.

Police presence blanketing the whole area.

Hope Partner can get in from Newark airport without trouble.  He's probably getting a taxi even now.

If there's anything to show how Israel has lost the sympathy of the world -- there are hundreds with the Palestinians and dozens with the Israeli supporters.

Thank everything that it's peaceful though -- no physical or even verbal clashes.

Edited by Zorral

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I fully expect at least tens of thousands dead.

It could easily reach that, there are increasing fears that people are dehydrating to death in the strip, or consuming water from contaminated sources (or salty water). I imagine disease will soon become rampant as well. Not sure what Biden will accomplish tomorrow, but he needs to get some humanitarian aid into Gaza ASAP by twisting Netanyahu's arm as hard as he can.

2 hours ago, Dofs said:

There is a war going on in the center of Europe that makes this Gaza conflict a fight between children in comparison in scale, human suffering, civilian casualties, destruction etc. for a year and a half now with no end in sight.

I'm not sure civilian casualties are that different. According to Wiki, after 20 months of war, there are 35.000 Ukrainian civilian deaths and 6.000 on the Russian / Donbas rebel side. I'm pretty sure it won't take a month to hit 2.000 civilian deaths in  Gaza, and if we take into account both sides, there are, alas, already hundreds of Israeli civilian deaths, so together we're way above that 2K threshold.

Though, unlike Ukraine, the % of civilian deaths will be atrocious in that war in Gaza, and will definitely dwarf the military deaths.