COVID 49 - Are We Done Yet?

The Anti-Targ

Er? I think the article is pretty clear about what is being said:

ā€œWe believe it is time to stop using terms like ā€˜long Covidā€™. They wrongly imply there is something unique and exceptional about longer-term symptoms associated with this virus. This terminology can cause unnecessary fear, and in some cases, hypervigilance to longer symptoms that can impede recovery.ā€

Now Iā€™m not very surprised that people who are very attached to unnecessary fear would be upset when people try and take that away from them.Ā 

Well, there were people on our three week travels in Spain who had long covid.Ā  They were devastated by it in many ways.Ā  But now, here they were on a trip with 30 + people, in constant close contact, and not only with each other, for three weeks, one of them in his 80's.Ā  To label people who have suffered long covid as attached to unnecessary fear is something only ignoramuses would say, those so very very politically and ideologically attached to convictions that masking and isolation don't matter, that the elderly should be left to die for the sake of the economy, etc.Ā  In the meantime, just in the US alone about 1500 people die of covid every week, right now.

This is far higher than flu stats.

However, most people are still bravely going about, trying to live normal lives, but they are still very aware of covid, and take reasonable precautions.Ā  Over and over on this voyage of spiritual, musical, historical and artistic explorations over these three weeks, our people did exchange what it was during those first months and years of covid, and how horrible and traumatic still it has been for them, including one woman whose spouse was director of crisis management for Seattle, and what that has done to her spouse's state of mind, even now.Ā  One of them was a senior nurse on the pediatrics ward of a major Boston hospital.Ā  None of them have gotten over what they went through, and they are so critically aware we are only a step away from another a pandemic, which likely will be worse.

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Well, there were people on our three week travels in Spain who had long covid.Ā  They were devastated by it in many ways.Ā  But now, here they were on a trip with 30 + people, in constant close contact, and not only with each other, for three weeks, one of them in his 80's.Ā  To label people who have suffered long covid as attached to unnecessary fear is something only ignoramuses would say, those so very very politically and ideologically attached to convictions that masking and isolation don't matter, that the elderly should be left to die for the sake of the economy, etc.Ā  In the meantime, just in the US alone about 1500 people die of covid every week, right now.

This is far higher than flu stats.

However, most people are still bravely going about, trying to live normal lives, but they are still very aware of covid, and take reasonable precautions.Ā  Over and over on this voyage of spiritual, musical, historical and artistic explorations over these three weeks, our people did exchange what it was during those first months and years of covid, and how horrible and traumatic still it has been for them, including one woman whose spouse was director of crisis management for Seattle, and what that has done to her spouse's state of mind, even now.Ā  One of them was a senior nurse on the pediatrics ward of a major Boston hospital.Ā  None of them have gotten over what they went through, and they are so critically aware we are only a step away from another a pandemic, which likely will be worse.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah.. exactly my point. Great illustration.

You stated that those who believe they suffer from long covid are invested in believing in long covid, which your ilks keep saying doesn't exist.

The people in the example above refute that political and ideological mendacity. Also don't think anyone's forgotten that you argued that elderly should just be allowed to die, as attempts to keep them safe was terrible for the economy and so very inconvenient.Ā  Nobody will ever forget your cruel -- and also medically and scientifically ignorant and false -- positions on the pandemic and attempts to stop it.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Zorral

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Go back to the first pages of the covid threads.Ā  It is is all there.

You go find it then, you are just making stuff up at this point.Ā 
Ā 

As an example of someone who continually displayed ā€˜ hyper vigilanceā€™ and ā€˜unnecessary fearā€™ , and proudly demonstrated their hyper vigilance across numerous threads I am not surprised by your visceral reaction to any notion that Long Covid might be just the same as any other post viral fatigue.Ā 

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Go back to the first pages of the covid threads.Ā  It is is all there.

Why bother with such an unserious person? He might as well be a time-traveler from 2020 - absolutely no new information as been learned. Zero growth in knowledge, character, or appreciation of others in the world. Frankly, it's sad. Anyhow, enjoy.Ā 

:agree:

Though hope springs eternal that fools aren't eternal.Ā  But fools prove eternally they are fools eternally.Ā :P

Edited by Zorral

Er mehgawd. So much fucking drama.

Or, y'know, you could, like, just not be a pussy and have the courage to not call the thing by what it is because it'll reduce the discomfort of the fear that you're so comfortable with. Or something.

Would it be inappropriate to mention I got jabbed last week? It had been a while and I was at the clinic for something else and the clinic had a pharmacy attached to it so I roll over to the pharmacy to get my prescription filled and after I place my order I say,

"Hey! 'You doing walk-in jabs, Motherfucker?"

To which the Pharmacist replied, "Da Fuck?!? 'You callin' my game 'weak', Buddy?"

"Your game is weak, Guy."

"Well, lickitty split your ass over this way, Sunshine. We'll fix you up right. Bivalent. No side effects."

"High five!" *smack*

And it went on like that. True story.Ā 

Ā 

Hmmm, I suspect what the pharmacistĀ actuallyĀ said was:

ā€™Sirā€¦ this is my home.. stop following me, demanding another jab every week or I will call the police again!ā€™Ā 
Ā 

ā€˜ā€¦ sir put your trousers back on.. that isnā€™t going to helpā€¦ sirā€¦SIR!!ā€™

ā€™.. please sir.. stop cryingā€¦..ā€™

Edited by Heartofice

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Fauci is an underpants gnome specifically.Ā  But his MO seems to have been:

1.Ā  Fund gain of function research to increase contagiousness.

2.Ā  Set up royalties for mRNA vaccines.

3.Ā  Release a far more contagious SARS variant.

4.Ā  Sub out mRNA patents to the companies that give decent kick backs.

5.Ā  Use the power of centralized health care to demonetize treatments that aren't currently under patent.

6.Ā  Profit!!!

Missing the ??? step here somewhere.

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

I don't think Fauci is an underpants gnome specifically.Ā  But his MO seems to have been:

1.Ā  Fund gain of function research to increase contagiousness.

2.Ā  Set up royalties for mRNA vaccines.

3.Ā  Release a far more contagious SARS variant.

4.Ā  Sub out mRNA patents to the companies that give decent kick backs.

5.Ā  Use the power of centralized health care to demonetize treatments that aren't currently under patent.

6.Ā  Profit!!!

Missing the ??? step here somewhere.

Off your meds?

On 4/10/2024 at 8:27 AM, maarsen said:

Off your meds?

Put a pin this.Ā  When the next pandemic comes it is highly likely it will also be engineered.Ā  And the "thankfully" just figured it out cure will be profitable, and pushed relentlessly through social engineering.

Made a shit ton of money last time around.Ā  What the fuck did I do to deserve to live in a world where pharma is taking sequel advice from 2020s Hollywood?

Ā 

9 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Put a pin this.Ā  When the next pandemic comes it is highly likely it will also be engineered.Ā  And the "thankfully" just figured it out cure will be profitable, and pushed relentlessly through social engineering.

Made a shit ton of money last time around.Ā  What the fuck did I do to deserve to live in a world where pharma is taking sequel advice from 2020s Hollywood?

Ā 

Fauci got almost as many death threats as Brett Kavanaugh.

Excess deaths and life expectancy report for the first 2 years of the pandemic, fromĀ the latest analysis of theĀ Global Burden of Disease study.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/covid-19-nz-bucked-global-life-expectancy-trends

Ā 

Top-line findings

"For adults worldwide, the Covid pandemic has had a more profound impact than any event seen in half a century, including conflicts and natural disasters," author Dr Austin Schumacher, an assistant professor of health metrics sciences at the institute, said in a statement.

The paper reported the pandemic killed nearly 16 million people worldwide in 2020 and 2021, accounting for about 12 percent of deaths from all causes.

Between 1950 and 2021, global life expectancy at birth increased by 22.7 years, from 49 years to 71.7. But in the period between 2019 and 2021, it declined by 1.6 years.

During the same period, long-term trends of decreasing mortality were superseded by marked increases in mortality rates in age groups older than 15 (22 percent for men and 17 percent for women).

However, mortality in children under 5 years was largely unaffected by the pandemic and continued to decrease (by 7 percent).

There were only a handful of countries that did not experience a decline in life expectancy. It should not be a surprise to most which country was one of those...hint it rhymes with blue cheeseland.

For all the arguments about how deadly or not deadly earlier strains of COVID-19 was, the excess mortality and decreased life expectancy across almost all countries in those years defies an explanation other than it was almost all down to C-19.

Trigger warning: the article quotes someone using the L word.

It is interesting how that report indicates that children were able to come through the pandemic as a group without the big losses that adults experienced.

These two articles about how the nasal cells of children respond more effectively to Covid make for interesting reading to complement that idea.

Young nose cells may help children fight off Covid (bbc.com)

Here's Why Infants Are Strangely Resistant to COVID | Scientific American

There may be good avenues for exploration and research regarding the differences in response to Covid compared to the flu, which is typically more deadly to children.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:01 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Well, lickitty split your ass over this way, Sunshine. We'll fix you up right. Bivalent. No side effects."

You should get the final series shot yet if your last one was the bivalent.

The latest and best protection is the covalent shot which is the upgrade from bivalent and more encompassing against the waning possibilities the bivalent shots were having over time.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit