US Politics: Ballot Mainetenance

A Horse Named Stranger

JFC. Barr did all he did to protect tRump during his presidency, then spoke up - sorta - about all tRump's "bs". Now he's speaking again about the risk the orange one represents but - BUT - the way he says it sounds to me like if it's a Biden v tRump rematch, he'll vote for tRump, albeit begrudgingly. Again, JFC.

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

JFC. Barr did all he did to protect tRump during his presidency, then spoke up - sorta - about all tRump's "bs". Now he's speaking again about the risk the orange one represents but - BUT - the way he says it sounds to me like if it's a Biden v tRump rematch, he'll vote for tRump, albeit begrudgingly. Again, JFC.

Yup. He's said as much before. The "liberalism is evil" narrative has become a foundational part of the conservative identity, so most of the so-called "adults in the room" will choose Trump over any Democrat, telling themselves he's the lesser evil.

In other news, I rewatched Batman Returns and am struck by how perfectly Penguin captures the spirit of Trump, and his circus gang the MAGA mob. Unfortunately, our President Cobblepot is prepping for his goddamned sequel.

Wow… it’s gone really quiet.  Holiday coming up.  I just listened to a very interesting “On Point” discussing a Conservative Judical activist Leonard Leo… regarding the podcast “We Don’t Talk About Leonard”.

I still think we should create a pool of qualified individuals and select Judical appointees randomly.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510053/on-point

47 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Wow… it’s gone really quiet.  Holiday coming up.  I just listened to a very interesting “On Point” discussing a Conservative Judical activist Leonard Leo… regarding the podcast “We Don’t Talk About Leonard”.

I still think we should create a pool of qualified individuals and select Judical appointees randomly.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510053/on-point

The "we don't talk about Leo" pod is excellent. And scary af. 

Rudy Giuliani files for bankruptcy
The filing comes days after Giuliani was ordered to pay $148 million in damages to two former Georgia election workers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/21/rudy-giuliani-files-bankruptcy-00132899

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani filed for bankruptcy in New York Thursday, as legal bills from his failed efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election for former President Donald Trump pile up.

The filing comes days after Giuliani, 79, was ordered to pay $148 million in damages to two former Georgia election workers who said their lives were upended after the former Trump lawyer falsely accused them of manipulating ballots during the 2020 election.

Maybe he was talking about fentanyl? Some in GOP defend Trump’s ‘poisoning the blood’ comments
Meanwhile, Democrats draw comparisons to Hitler.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/21/gop-trump-poisoning-blood-fentanyl-00132859

Amid the ongoing fallout from former President Donald Trump’s comments about immigrants — which have drawn comparisons to Adolf Hitler — some Republicans have leapt to his defense in recent days with an alternate theory: Maybe he was actually talking about the fentanyl crisis.

While some members of his party have balked at or outrightly condemned the remarks , others have come to Trump’s aid.

Edited by Martell Spy

The Giuliani bankruptcy filing is public:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24234777-rudy-giuliani-bankruptcy-filing

Can you guess whose name is in all the media, and particularly in the mouths of the fascist House of Congress, and now is on the list of Giuliani's creditors, i.e. to whom Giuliani owes money? 

Spoiler

Hunter Biden. 

Edited by Zorral

30 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The Giuliani bankruptcy filing is public:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24234777-rudy-giuliani-bankruptcy-filing

Can you guess whose name is in all the media, and particularly in the mouths of the fascist House of Congress, and now is on the list of Giuliani's creditors, i.e. to whom Giuliani owes money? 

Hide contents

Hunter Biden. 

How is Hunter Biden a Guliani creditor?

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This is only guessing but it may have to do with Giuliani's shenanigans in Ukraine way back in tRump history.

The punditry around the latest NYC legal/political troubles of Giuliani is that he committed certain frauds there for the reason he was already broke and was desperate to get money somehow. Cruising around in that year in Ukraine was partly about looking for patron$ in return for who knows what favors the drunk might have promised, on behalf of doing favors for tRump.

Of course Others have speculated he 'borrowed' Hunter's laptop and never gave it back and Hunter has sued him for its value. :rolleyes:  Anything's possible with these fascist clown criminals.

I’m watching CNN and the big story they’re breaking is about folks from Trump’s election campaign putting pressure on two county workers in Michigan the day after the election to not certify the election results. “If you certify the election results without getting an audit done we will never know what really happened in Michigan”. They eventually got Trump to join one of the calls and Trump apparently tells them not to worry about being sued, “we’ll look after that”.

The workers eventually agree to sign the certification at whatever meeting they attended for the certification on the basis there would be an audit of the votes. They then apparently left the meeting without actually signing the certificate.

The workers had been asked about Trump’s call some time ago and said that Trump only called “to thank them for their hard work”, and that nothing about the election certification was discussed. However, the conversation was taped. I didn’t hear who taped it or how the tape was discovered. The Detroit News is the party breaking the story.

5 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Boring explanation I've come across.

Hunter Biden sued Rudy for, let me check, de-fa-mation.

That's apparently the entire story behind it.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I’m watching CNN and the big story they’re breaking is about folks from Trump’s election campaign putting pressure on two county workers in Michigan the day after the election to not certify the election results. “If you certify the election results without getting an audit done we will never know what really happened in Michigan”. They eventually got Trump to join one of the calls and Trump apparently tells them not to worry about being sued, “we’ll look after that”.

The workers eventually agree to sign the certification at whatever meeting they attended for the certification on the basis there would be an audit of the votes. They then apparently left the meeting without actually signing the certificate.

The workers had been asked about Trump’s call some time ago and said that Trump only called “to thank them for their hard work”, and that nothing about the election certification was discussed. However, the conversation was taped. I didn’t hear who taped it or how the tape was discovered. The Detroit News is the party breaking the story.

Link

11 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Boring explanation I've come across.

Hunter Biden sued Rudy for, let me check, de-fa-mation.

That's apparently the entire story behind it.

My bet is the fee came from watching Rudy twerk. 

Anyway, wrt the Colorado ruling: Am I the only one thinking irony can be very ironic at Republicans whining about courts taking away their right to choose?

7 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So the Supremes are hitting on the brakes by declining to hear that absolute immunity argument before the DC court of appeals.

Yeah, that's not good for Jack Smith or the prosecution; it means that that part of the trial will likely delay other parts entirely, well into the election cycle - which makes it more likely that all of it will be postponed.