UK politics - not inspiring but effective

BigFatCoward

I think its from some markets attached to the palace in some way? So given the lack of anyone reacting to them I assumed someone from the PR team was responsible for the video and TMZ doesn't care if it's actually them as it drives traffic either way.

I think the woman in the video looks more like the supposed mistress Chumley than Kate, and it really would be hilarious if it was William and her. I'm just not seeing it looking like Kate at all other than about the right height difference, the right skin tone and the right hair colour.

I'd be very angry indeed if William was sleeping around on Catherine.  He's a pencil-headed geek.  She's worth 10 of him.

If it isn't already obvious, I have a major girl-crush on her.  :love:    

If Kate is alive and fairly well all you need is a strategic leak to the media that Kate will be in a certain place at a certain time on some private outline and there will be more than enough press with ultra-HD cameras up in her face asking all sorts of questions as she steps out of a car on the curb side and walks into some high end boutique and it would be all "nothing to see here, what has all this wild speculation been that we knew nothing about until today?" Job done, Kate confirmed wthout the Palace having to come out and say that yes Kate is alive and well (enough). That something as fairly simple as this staged spontaneous appearance hasn't happened is...curious.

9 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I don't want to defend the royal family or anything, but in fairness to them, they're not claiming the farm video was them - it's just some passers-by, and the press, have decided it is.

If they know its not her they could release a statement to say so. 

4 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

I'd be very angry indeed if William was sleeping around on Catherine.  He's a pencil-headed geek.  She's worth 10 of him.

If it isn't already obvious, I have a major girl-crush on her.  :love:    

i find her odd, she is clearly a very good looking, but there is nothing remotely attractive about her.

10 hours ago, karaddin said:

I think its from some markets attached to the palace in some way? So given the lack of anyone reacting to them I assumed someone from the PR team was responsible for the video and TMZ doesn't care if it's actually them as it drives traffic either way.

The royals had nothing to do with the video. It was a film of some random couple by a random nutter who sent it to the tabloids. They used it to get a day of headlines about Kate being spotted and then another day of headlines pointing out it was not her after all.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

If they know its not her they could release a statement to say so. 

But if they do that, they will be forced into a cycle of having to issue a statement every time the tabloids whip up a story out of nothing. Which will only encourage them. I can see their point of view in following the late Queen's approach of ignoring the tabloids whatever they say. It is just getting harder to do in these times of constant mad conspiracy theories fanned by the internet.

They sparked it all in the first place with the photoshopped image of Kate and the kids though. I don't think anyone outside of a dedicated group particularly interested in royals were paying much attention to it prior to that? That's why it's funny how much is being spun out of this.

There seems to be some sort of Royal protocol that means they just don't engage with public tittle tattle and try and stay above it. They don't want to be running to the papers in the same way that Harry and Meghan try and do. On one hand it's a sensible way to control your image, but at some point when things get out of hand like they are now, surely you need to do something.

Then you have stories like this where people are trying to get into Kate's medical records to see what is going on. It's driving a wave of hysteria!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68613057

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Then you have stories like this where people are trying to get into Kate's medical records to see what is going on. It's driving a wave of hysteria!

Well the tabloids have form in waving large amounts of money around to try to get access to private medical records. If someone had managed to get the records and sell them then the tabloids would have had a story. They failed, so now the tabloids get a different story. Win - win for them.

35 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

There seems to be some sort of Royal protocol that means they just don't engage with public tittle tattle and try and stay above it.

The "never complain, never explain" ethos served Elizabeth pretty well.

Realistically, even Liz went running to the papers on occasion, and Charles and the rest do it all the time. It's just that they do it through 'sources'. 

10 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

I'd be very angry indeed if William was sleeping around on Catherine.  He's a pencil-headed geek.  She's worth 10 of him

Is this another instance of like royal father, like royal son?

I pay so little attention to these matters on a daily basis I wasn't aware that Willy dogged around -- but generally royals (males, anyway) have done so always. Even Granddaddy Phillip did, didn't he?  :dunno:

Anyway, this is in All the Media, so I can't miss it now! :D

Edited by Zorral

42 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Why is the other/new UK politics thread locked when this one has reached 20 pages @mormont?  i thought 20 pages was the limit.

Kate Middleton did it!

Also, I think it’s 21 pages

The one thing the Royals have to do in exchange for their privilege and money and servants, is to be seen in public once in a fucking while.

Now, the fact that this has been a story for so long now, a massively damaging story, with absolutely no effort from the Place to 'produce the body' other than releasing fake photographs, leads me to one conclusion.

There is an actual fucking body, and they just don't know how the hell to proceed.

Edited by Spockydog

9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The one thing the Royals have to do in exchange for their privilege and money and servants, is to be seen in public one in a fucking while.

Now, the fact that this has been a story for so long now, a massively damaging story, with absolutely no effort from the Place to 'produce the body' other than releasing fake photographs, leads me to one conclusion.

There is an actual fucking body, and they just don't know how the hell to proceed.

Yeah, if she was well enough to walk around a farm shop carrying bags she's well enough to walk out her front door and wave to the press. 

23 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yeah, if she was well enough to walk around a farm shop carrying bags she's well enough to walk out her front door and wave to the press. 

It's all just so bizarre. Let's imagine for a second that the rumours are true. Btw - when I was in Spain, someone who claimed to be Kate's lawyer was interviewed on the tv. She said she has been unable to contact her client and thinks she is dead.

So, let's imagine that the lawyer is also correct, and Kate is dead. 

If it was natural causes, there would be no cover up. Certainly not to this extent.

If she was murdered, by the future king, what does that mean for the future of the British Monarchy?

Edited by Spockydog

8 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

i find her odd, she is clearly a very good looking, but there is nothing remotely attractive about her.

You think of Catherine the same way I think of George Clooney - he is also very good-looking, but I am very much NOT attracted to him.

Now, that we've gotten that out of the way . . .

I have to admit, for a while I couldn't understand why people were making such a big deal about a photoshopped picture.  I had no idea about all the underlying conspiracy theories going around.  Madness!  For the record, I think she is still alive, and just wants some privacy during her recovery period.

I had quadruple bypass surgery. I was out of hospital in five days, and basically back to normal activities within a couple of weeks.

There is something incredibly fishy going on.

Also, did you know about the high-level posho who was found dead with a "traumatic head wound"? He was reportedly Kate's lover. Some reports say he got her pregnant. 

There are so many different conspiracy theories doing the rounds right now. None of them are good for the Monarchy. But I'll bet one of them is true.