Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

12 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm not a big fan of creepy weirdos, but this is fucking ridiculous. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68679506

Rubiales could also be in hot water over the deal to play the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia. Spanish police raided RFEF offices last week as well as a property owned by Rubiales. Seven people have been arrested and five others (one being Rubiales) are currently under investigation as part of a corruption, improper asset management and money laundering investigation.

Tonali was bang at the gambling at Newcastle as well, 50 breaches in his first month.  Any additional time would seem to be perverse if found guilty (unless he was betting on his own matches). 

6 hours ago, Consigliere said:

It didn't make much sense to me that Southgate calls up Branthwaite but doesn't give him a single minute of game time across two friendlies. Stones even went off injured early on against Belgium and Dunk was having an absolute 'mare. Could've brought Branthwaite on in the 2nd half at least.

This is the manager who once brought Jack Grealish onto the pitch in the 97th minute with England trailing. 

Edited by Spockydog

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Tonali was bang at the gambling at Newcastle as well, 50 breaches in his first month.  Any additional time would seem to be perverse if found guilty (unless he was betting on his own matches). 

Fuck him. The stupid cunt*. And lol at Eddie Howe. I don't think his arms are long enough for this twat.

*And yes, I am completely aware that gambling is an addiction. But to do this, whilst being investigated over his betting in Italy. Some people don't deserve help.

42 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

"at the end of the 2026-27 season"

So they'll be shit for at least 3 more seasons.

Seems Alonso will stay for another season at Leverkusen. Pity.

I do not want De Zerbi. 

Looks like Amorim is the leading candidate.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/03/28/xabi-alonso-unlikely-to-be-next-liverpool-manager/#:~:text=Xabi Alonso is unlikely to,the end of the season.

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

Hoeneß has stated, that he is their preferred target as Tuchel's successor. If he turns down Liverpool and Bayern, then Alonso is really holding out for the Real job. No way he'd take the Barca job.

Bayern's second choice is now apparently Rangnick. A bit past his shelve life as manager, and I have my doubts of him being interested in that high stress role. Unless he has changed his mind and wants to do a frontline job at club level instead of being in the board room for the bigger picture (which is still his preference afaik). But board room job has been filled with Eberl rather recently, and quite competently imho.

At this point it wouldn't really surprise me, if Nagelsmann was to return to the Bayern job. As for Flick, Hoeneß has apparently some doubts about him.

Shame about Alonso but you can’t really begrudge him wanting to give it another season with his Leverkusen side. You’d think that means he’s targeting the Real job next since the Liverpool job is probably unlikely to be available in 2025 and I don’t really see the point of leaving it a year to go to Bayern.

England/Southgate have done Arsenal a big favour with both Stones and Walker out of Sunday’s game. That’s a pretty huge blow for City.

Edited by ljkeane

4 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Shame about Alonso but you can’t really begrudge him wanting to give it another season with his Leverkusen side. You’d think that means he’s targeting the Real job next since the Liverpool job is probably unlikely to be available in 2025 and I don’t really see the point of leaving it a year to go to Bayern.

England/Southgate have done Arsenal a big favour with both Stones and Walker out of Sunday’s game. That’s a pretty huge blow for City.

Eh it’s ok. They’re just replacing them with 77m Gvardiol and 65m Ruban Dias. Last year when we played them without Saliba, we replaced him with 0 minutes at Palace Rob Holding and earlier this year we played them without Saka and Jesus and with Eddie up top. Injuries happen but City always has a 60m plus replacement waiting in the wings.

This game, Gabriel, Saka and Martinelli haven’t trained in 3 or more weeks so who knows if they’ll be fit and even if they are, good to go. Everyone always comments on other injuries when we face teams but ignore ours.

Edited by Mexal

14 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Eh it’s ok. They’re just replacing them with 77m Gvardiol and 65m Ruban Dias. Last year when we played them without Saliba, we replaced him with 0 minutes at Palace Rob Holding and earlier this year we played them without Saka and Jesus and with Eddie up top. Injuries happen but City always has a 60m plus replacement waiting in the wings.

I mean, yeah, given their resources any squad issues they have are largely a reflection of the choices they’ve made in their squad construction.

Still, losing their two best defenders is a problem and I doubt Gvardiol will be replacing either of Stones or Walker on the right side of the defence. They don’t really have anyone who replicates the centre back into midfield role at anywhere near the level Stones does it at. The depth behind Walker at right back isn’t the strongest either, it’s probably either Rico Lewis or just going with an out and out centre back there.

I don’t think Gordon’s in any way taken possession of the ball there. He’s just put his leg on the way of Phillips, I think that’s a foul on Gordon’s part actually.:dunno:

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

I don’t think Gordon’s in any way taken possession of the ball there. He’s just put his leg on the way of Phillips, I think that’s a foul on Gordon’s part actually.:dunno:

Such a bullshit penalty. Shouldn’t be rewarded for stepping in front of a guy in middle of mid clear and not even attempt at the ball.

• Ran locked this topic