Community - Season 2, thread 2 [SPOILERS]

Brude

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, a weak episode to start things off. Not much laughter to be found :(.

ST

not a classic ep by any means, but i thought there was lots to like, from britta being good at something and hating it, to troy and abed being normal

Unfortunately, a weak episode to start things off. Not much laughter to be found :(.

ST

Who cares if it was a weak episode, this is what I care about

NBC’s Community returned from its too-long hiatus to 4.9 million total viewers and a demo rating of 2.2, delivering increases of 36 and 47 percent over the comedy’s most recent outing (on Dec. 8 ) and a 14-month, non-sports time slot demo high for NBC.

What’s more, NBC points out that Community – with Bang Bang Theory benched by NCAA hoops — was No. 1 among Adults 18-34 and Men 18-34 during its half hour, besting even a little show called American Idol. Cool, cool, cool…

Year-over-year, Community was up 29 percent in the demo, while versus its season-to-date average it delivered a 38 percent gain.

That is great news, and makes me hopeful for another season! :)

I actually thought it was one of the better 'normal' episodes they've done. Which is great considering the ratings bump, because one of the more high concept episodes might have turned new viewers off, I think. And I'm especially interested in the idea, barely hinted at in this ep, that Troy and Abed's wonderfully weird friendship might also be somewhat damaging and unhealthy for both of them.

I'm happy. Not sure about the cartoony stuff, like Jeffs slot machine heart and the caption screens over Shirley laughing at Britta, but Andre gets a lot of good lines, I wonder if this means he'll be about more. Wouldn't have minded seeing Jeff and Britta get married, come to think of it.

Ipods are not going away!

Wouldn't have minded seeing Jeff and Britta get married, come to think of it.

Didn't they already do that, or nearly, at the start of season 2 when they were pushing each other to more extreme expressions of love to look good in the eyes of their peers?

Not a great episode, but not bad, I believe it was filmed well before the hiatus, so I don't think there were any plans to come back with a bang or anything.

Britta was adorable in this episode.Drunken whisper: "This is who I am" and "One of the Steppenwolf wives!" :lmao:

She's not going to make some man very happy some day. I liked the focus on Shirley as well, and Pierce (over his fathers grave...)

I thought it fell flat and the cartoony inserts were stupid. But I'm really glad to see them back and I hope for better episodes ahead.

The ratings bump has already been attributed to The Big Bang Theory not airing last week, which is usually direct competition and carries a much larger audience. Even so, 30 Rock was getting even lower ratings than Community got pre-hiatus so NBC learned that it does not have a better alternative available and it's generally a tough time slot for any comedy until Idol loses more audience. It actually looks like there is a decent chance that there will be another season because they need at least 3 or 4 full seasons for syndication, which makes the marginal pay-off vs. marginal cost look pretty good for NBC.

I liked it. I always like when they balance the funny aspect with the serious aspect--like, yeah, Abed is awesome, but he's also pretty fucked up.

Seemed to be more of the reliance on weird cartoony aspects that we saw in the last episode, which is a bit off-putting. Where is that coming from?

Archived