Penny Dreadful, Showtime's Victorian Horror Show

Sci-2

• 5 months later...

I was a bit skeptical about this show at first, but I really enjoyed it. Wonderful cast of characters, and still plenty of interesting plot lines to explore in season 2. Eva Green's acting was particularly good I thought.

On an ASOIAF-related note, I can't help but think that the guy who played Dr. Frankenstein would have made a really good Theon Greyjoy. He fits my mental image of him a bit better than Alfie Allen, though it is a very different role than his one in this show.

The new trailer for season 2 is up, it comes back on April 26th.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3YdeSNcAWos

Nice. Coincidentally, I was just talking about Season 1 with some people earlier today. The trailer looks great, will definitely be tuning in. Hopefully Dorian is actually a relevant character this season rather than just being thrown in for the sake of it.

That's exactly what I was thinking as I was watching the trailer.

The most memorable part of the finale for me was (do I need to spoiler tag? I'll err on.the side of.caution I guess)

Chandler turning into a werewolf. I guess the trailer shows him in the dirext aftermath of that where he is all covered in blood in the torn up bar.

Also, wasn't Frankenstine going to use the prostitute (Brona? Can't remember if that was her name) to make the Monster a companion?

Other than that, I seem to remember the Dracula stuff resolving itself and Mina finally being put to rest.

The most memorable part of the finale for me was (do I need to spoiler tag? I'll err on.the side of.caution I guess)

Chandler turning into a werewolf. I guess the trailer shows him in the dirext aftermath of that where he is all covered in blood in the torn up bar.

Also, wasn't Frankenstine going to use the prostitute (Brona? Can't remember if that was her name) to make the Monster a companion?

Other than that, I seem to remember the Dracula stuff resolving itself and Mina finally being put to rest.

Nice, it has all come back to me thanks to you. My memory is pretty awful nowadays.

I was disappointed with the first season, despite Eva Greens being spectacular.... I'd like to see if --unlike most things that Showtime does-- they will learn from their mistakes, and improve their product.... instead of cramming every figure from the classic age of horror they can into their plot....

But they were ever so close to being really, really good.

Mina was killed by her father (Dalton's character whose name I forget ) when he chose Vanessa over her.

The first was pretty well telegraphed during the season. I was like, OK finally they confirm it.

The second, yes that's what I was expecting to happen I don't think it got started through, or did it?

The third, yep that's how it was resolved.

In the trailer for season 2, you see

Brona emerging from a vat of liquid, so it looks like she is being resurrected by Frankenstein.

In the trailer for season 2, you see

Brona emerging from a vat of liquid, so it looks like she is being resurrected by Frankenstein.

Ah nice, didnt catch that. Thanks.

Agree about Dorian, he was pretty irrelevant S1. The trailer shows the passage to his portrait room unless i am mistaken, so i guess they have some sort of plan there. Guessing he will be somewhat hung up over vanessa

Archived