It's official. Benedict Cumberbatch is Strange. The Doctor.

Bastard of Boston

That scene where he just grinds that straight sword down, until it suddenly becomes a curved scimitar. :lol: (also apparently arabs at that time used straight swords.)

:bowdown: The whole movie is just utter bullocks. Damn, entertaining bullocks though :D I watch it every time it's on the tele :blushing:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Benedict's Dr Strange looks like a serious fellow, but that campy high collar Dracula cape makes it hard to take him seriously. It's going to be interesting to see how they play him. But if he starts out life as a Vegas stage performer then I guess the cape will fit the bill even if he is a serious dude.

We are all enCumbered by Batch.   The Cumbering of ComicCon continues in the wizarding world now.   The one image I have of Dr Strange from looking at some of the art is that he's "supposed" to have that shock of black hair which Benedict don't have, and he looks more italian or greek in the comics, and the robes are supposed to be way more intense than this bathrobe of power I see here.  

I didn't like his Kahn in space trek.   Why would a "genius" plot involve putting something you really care about into missiles?  Us non-genius types recognize that missiles often blow up, so that Abrams plot (shakes fists) came off as un-genius-y.   The amount of empathy I feel for Cumberbatch is about on par with what I feel towards Scott Baio or that too-cool guy from Full House.  I might be rooting against his Dr. Strange!  

Now that Sorcerer's Apprentice movie with the guy from Knowing was sort of fun to watch.  (I can't remember celebrity names anymore). Will Batch's wizarding beat the wizarding performance from  National Treasure guy with the floppy hair?   And Will 'Batch be given a story that's actually compelling and as big as the cosmos (like his duties are in the comics), or will he be pared down in importance and power for the movies?    something needs to be extra grounded in reality to make up for how unreal the magic element is.  Apparently his robe was what they decided needed to be kept more real.   Well screw that, I say!   To near-quote the founding fathers atrociously, "Give me groovy robe designs or give me disinterest!"    ...... Stop staring!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RumHam said:

I dunno, that did nothing for me. If it wasn't a Marvel movie there's no way I'd see it based on that. Also what happened to "it's not an origin story?" 

Did they ever say that about Doctor Strange?

19 minutes ago, mormont said:

Did they ever say that about Doctor Strange?

Feige made a general comment about it a few years ago saying the format was tired. That said, for new franchises some explanation needs to be provided. I think he meant an entire film about an origin is tired in the sense people expect the sequel to be the "good" one.

rumham makes a good point regarding the Marvel brand making the trailer worthwhile more than the trailer itself.

Archived