The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

Did anyone understand the opening scene? Whatever it was about, it went over my head.

I took it as a play on what was about to happen. The zombies coming through the wall and coming for their dinner. 

On the whole, it was alot better episode then most this season. Sam should be shot first thing next episode, idiot. Yet, I was waiting for Judith to start screaming the whole time. Glen's gonna concoct a way to save Maggie. Sam caused at least four deaths. Carol is gonna go Rambo. Morgan should be hanged with a peace T-shirt on. And, you know, I like Morgan, I do. But, this schtick has gone on long enough. Your way doesn't work buddy, hand your stick in for a machete and 9mm.

I will say only these things. 

I have read every issue since the comic debuted and dived into the tv series with excitement. 

After staying up to watch the 2 minute teaser of the second half of the season i pulled aside my robe and pointed towards my limp and uninterested cock. To kairparavel I said 'this sums the whole thing up nicely.'

Think about my cock a bit, board. Think about it. 

I have read every issue since the comic debuted and dived into the tv series with excitement. 

After staying up to watch the 2 minute teaser of the second half of the season i pulled aside my robe and pointed towards my limp and interested cock. To kairparavel I said 'this sums the whole thing up nicely.'

This season has been all about the blue balls, lots of set up but they haven't pulled the trigger

So which one is it? Totally limp dick, or balls about to drop off because all foreplay and no climax?

I gotta say, I think Carol is the more dangerous and insane one out of her and Morgan. She's the actual reason W got away and kidnapped their only doctor because she was totally tunnelvisioned about what at the time was a side issue. Morgan might be philosophically wrong, but he is sane and he is predictable. Carol is bat shit psycho, she only has one solution to any obstacle: kill it, and she has really bad prioritisation. At least Morgan was like, yes we have a problem between us and we will have a reckoning, but that can wait until we get out of this shitstorm.

So which one is it? Totally limp dick, or balls about to drop off because all foreplay and no climax?

I gotta say, I think Carol is the more dangerous and insane one out of her and Morgan. She's the actual reason W got away and kidnapped their only doctor because she was totally tunnelvisioned about what at the time was a side issue. Morgan might be philosophically wrong, but he is sane and he is predictable. Carol is bat shit psycho, she only has one solution to any obstacle: kill it, and she has really bad prioritisation. At least Morgan was like, yes we have a problem between us and we will have a reckoning, but that can wait until we get out of this shitstorm.

Ah yes Morgan, the guy who left the green defenseless town doctor locked in a room with a murderous psychopath

After staying up to watch the 2 minute teaser of the second half of the season i pulled aside my robe and pointed towards my limp and uninterested cock. To kairparavel I said 'this sums the whole thing up nicely.'

I'd rather not. Thanks.

Ah yes Morgan, the guy who left the green defenseless town doctor locked in a room with a murderous psychopath

Everything was fine with the green defenseless doctor until Carol showed threatening to kill the alleged psychopath.  Denise even spent a considerable amount of time in close proximity with the wolf.  With needles!  Things were fine.  It's not all that surprising that he fought back when he life was immediately threatened.  I agree with TAT that Carol was the problem here.

I'm also not really opposed to Morgan's philosophy.  Human life has become a pretty scarce resource and it's ridiculously slow at renewing itself.  One can adequately defend one's self and still maintain that all human life is precious.  In a post apocalyptic world, one has to acknowledge the preciousness of life if one hopes for long term human survival.  And frankly, the wolf posed no immediate threat.  Not only were there other more pressing issues that needed attention, but the wolf could have been used as a tool for intelligence.  

Carol's single mindedness regarding the prisoner was the worst.  Ok, well maybe not as bad and Tara and Rosita not taking out the wolf when he got loose, at least capping his knee.  Still, it was right up there with Sam yelling for his mommy in a crowd of zombies.  

If the Wolf guy at any point has some kind of empathy awakening, thereby justifying Morgan's fantasies, it will be weak writing.

But we just know it is coming, don't we...

As for the final scene. Don't you just love it how our hardened team of survivors see a bunch of evil looking armed bikers blocking the road in front of them, and then proceed to drive right up to these guys, get out of their truck, and walk unarmed right into the middle of the road, just so that the writers can dramatically namedrop Negan for us.

You'd think that after surviving in a hostile world for 2 years, our super soldier Abraham, our badass tracker Daryl, and the aggro psycho warrior woman Sasha, when confronted with an armed bunch of Hell's Angels, would back their truck up to a safe distance, and take cover behind it, armed with an assault rifle or two and maybe even Abe's convenient rocket launcher.

And THEN start chatting to them.

Instead, they walk up like lambs to the slaughter, for the bad boys to have their way with them - in all senses of the phrase.

I love this Show. The writers KNOW we are morons.

They really blew ending that episode with one of the iconic moments from the comics given that they've spent several episodes building up to it, only for it to not even happen at all.

This show is just so terrible.  They'll string together a couple of good episodes once or twice a season to get you invested (this year, it was the first three), then proceed to spend the next five reminding you why you hate the show.  The episode last night was just totally uninspired.  It probably would have been okay for episode five or six, but for the mid-season finale it was awful.  You have to end episodes like this one with a bang (and they had a moment directly from the comics that would have been fucking perfect!), but last night's ended with a total whimper.

Also, didn't Tara prove to be an absurd marksman in this very episode?  She spent the early part of the episode blowing the heads off of zombies forty feet away while she was hanging from a fucking wall.  You're telling me she couldn't just blow that wolf's head off from ten feet away and be done with it?  God, what awful writing.

I get that, in a zombie show, you have to allow for some suspension of disbelief, but there are just so many instances where the writing is idiotic that it all just builds up and makes the show feel really dumb and cheap.  You can live with one or two inconsistencies in logic, but when every character is a moron, it's hard to watch.

That was an awful episode made even worse by being the midseason finale and left me mostly bored. It was really annoying when the characters were made to behave like morons just for the sake of generating drama - Maggie can't climb a ladder, Carol can't run without falling, Carl/Ron and Morgan/Carol decide to fight each other during a zombie invasion and Tara, Rosita and Eugene just meekly hand over their weapons. The final scene as well had Abraham, Daryl and Sasha reduced to idiots as FNR pointed out above. The opening three episodes were so good and I've come to appreciate the Morgan episode alot more after the rubbish served up in these last four episodes. But, hey, why put in the effort when you can half-arse the thing safe in the knowledge that millions upon millions of viewers will be tuning in every week?

The Morgan episode was fine in a vacuum.  The problem was that it occurred right after a cliff-hanger ending, and I absolutely loathe shows that do cheap structuring like that.  Lost was notorious for it and it always pissed me off.  The Walking Dead does it all the time too.  Honestly, leaving Glenn's fate out there the way they did (to be fair, I pretty much knew he'd survive because I've read the comics) was just cheap and annoying.  It's one thing to end an episode like that and pick up the next week with the resolution, as shows do that all the time.  It's another entirely to insinuate a character dies (which they absolutely did with that camera work) and then ignore the cliffhanger for four weeks.

One day Michonne on her own carves her way through 20 zombies. Other days, our heroes fall over their own feet like city slickers, and can't climb ladders.

The laziness of the writing comes into sharp focus when you realize that they are looking at their desired outcome to such an extent that they are willing to forego logic in the plot contrivances that get them there. So much so that Scott Gimple himself  (in a post episode interview) cannot seem to understand why people question why Tara or Rosita didn't take a headshot on the Wolf guy, and instead handed over their guns.

The writers see the end result of wanting the Wolf guy to escape, with the doctor in tow. They don't think for a moment how illogical it is for our entire group to hand over their guns to a guy who was rabid the last time he was in action, and was mindlessly killing people for no apparent reason. The logical outcome was for the Wolf to kill all of them once he had the guns, just for the hell of it.

Handing over all power to him in that situation was mind bogglingly stupid. And yet Gimple himself appears not to see what the fuss is about.

How many viewers even care that the doctor (don't even recall her name) was taken hostage? I know I don't as I am not invested in the character at all. I think it would have been more interesting if Carol was taken hostage instead.

Personally, I couldn't care less about any of the characters outside the core group (Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne).

Personally, I couldn't care less about any of the characters outside the core group (Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Michonne).

But, but Deanna said they're "all part of our group now".

And apparently that's a hugely significant moment, so it probably means Rick is going to divert to Senator Rick from hereon forth. I always suspected that this entire story is about Rick being the Moses of the new world, while Carl will be the Joshua. Rick will bring it all together through the trials and tribulations, and Carl will lead the new generation to the promised land, probably after the end of the series, as the first president of the post zombie world, or something along those lines, thanks to the foundational work that was done by his father.

Anyway, I don't give a crap about the new characters either, other than the fact that we need  new people to replace some of the old ones dying off.

Everything was fine with the green defenseless doctor until Carol showed threatening to kill the alleged psychopath.  Denise even spent a considerable amount of time in close proximity with the wolf.  With needles!  Things were fine.  It's not all that surprising that he fought back when he life was immediately threatened.  I agree with TAT that Carol was the problem here.

You're forgetting the fact that Mr W had a bad untreated wound and wouldn't have made it far. Carol only appears when whatsherface doctor is finishing up treating him.

One day Michonne on her own carves her way through 20 zombies. Other days, our heroes fall over their own feet like city slickers, and can't climb ladders.

The laziness of the writing comes into sharp focus when you realize that they are looking at their desired outcome to such an extent that they are willing to forego logic in the plot contrivances that get them there. So much so that Scott Gimple himself  (in a post episode interview) cannot seem to understand why people question why Tara or Rosita didn't take a headshot on the Wolf guy, and instead handed over their guns.

The writers see the end result of wanting the Wolf guy to escape, with the doctor in tow. They don't think for a moment how illogical it is for our entire group to hand over their guns to a guy who was rabid the last time he was in action, and was mindlessly killing people for no apparent reason. The logical outcome was for the Wolf to kill all of them once he had the guns, just for the hell of it.

Handing over all power to him in that situation was mind bogglingly stupid. And yet Gimple himself appears not to see what the fuss is about.

Completely agree with that ^

The other bewildering thing is that Tara, Rosita and Eugene didn't NEED to be in that scene in the first place. Mr W could've knocked Morgan down and run away with his hostage. Adding 3 characters and the weapon handing idiocy added nothing but extra facepalming.

The Morgan episode was fine in a vacuum.  

I think it actually might have been the best of the half season. Complaints about it's placement don't even really hold up anymore as the episode after would have killed the momentum anyway. 

They finally bust out the 'slather yourself in zombie guts' trick again. No one thought of that while scratching their heads for days trying to figure out how to escape Alexandria and lead the herd away from the walls (to say nothing of the countless other occasions it would have been useful and went unused)?

Archived