Soccer Talk: Now With More!

MercenaryChef

I agree with that too.  The lead they have is a huge advantage and this title will probably be claimed with a lower points total. 

Leicester are definitely in the driver's seat.  The momentum in their play may be waning but they've a great chance of winning. 

A lead of 7 points over Spurs and at the very least 8 points over Arsenal at this stage in the season is unassailable. I'll still maintain hope for Arsenal while there's mathematically a chance, but basically we need two things to happen:

(1) Arsenal win every remaining game

(2) Leicester lose at least three games

Sure, I could see one of those things happening but getting both simultaneously is dramatically less likely. Law of probabilities, say Arsenal's chance of winning everything is 30% and Leicester chances of losing three games is 20%, to get both at the same time will only be 6%. Highly unlikely. Plus Spurs is still in the mix.

A consolation would be to finish above Spurs but it will still be a terrible disappointment given what this season could have been.

On April 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Iskaral Pust said:

A pity to lose a lead at home but Spurs and 'Pool seem well matched and pretty even. If only we had their consistency, goal-keeper and on-form, healthy striker.  We missed Firmino today and Sturridge did well with his assist but missed a couple of very good chances.

Can is now suspended for the next two games so good to see Henderson improve his form a bit. 

I think we probably win that game if Firmino isn't hurt. Aside from the assist Sturridge was poor. He still seems lethargic and hesitant.  

Conte has signed with Chelsea. Probably the best available for them. PL is gonna be wild next year. Still relieved Liverpool signed Klopp when they did. 

I'm guessing that Our Beloved Chairman, who seems to want to keep faith in people and give them time to implement their visions (or is simply hesitant to expensive changes), will keep Our Mediocre, Strangely Positive Manager for at least the start of next season.

We'll be Villa in no time, I fear. 

So for the third time this season Atletico take the lead against Barca only to lose 2-1. Atletico still have a decent chance in the 2nd leg due to their solid defence provided they can keep 11 players on the pitch. Torres's silliness cost them tonight. Watched the 2nd half of the Bayern game. A disjointed performance from Bayern. They were sloppy with their passing and crossing in the final third but they should get through as I can't see Bayern not scoring an away goal or two.

I think Leicester beating Southampton seals it. It was once again a game they could ( or should) have lost, but didn't lose. It was also yet again a game where they pick up 3 points instead of a draw. A draw would have been more than deserved in most of their last matches but they just keep on winning, and the gap indeed seems insurmountable now.

Which is not to say I didn't like the Liverpool team with Suarez much more than I do this Leicester team, but this team is much more result oriented, very Italian.

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

So for the third time this season Atletico take the lead against Barca only to lose 2-1. Atletico still have a decent chance in the 2nd leg due to their solid defence provided they can keep 11 players on the pitch. Torres's silliness cost them tonight. Watched the 2nd half of the Bayern game. A disjointed performance from Bayern. They were sloppy with their passing and crossing in the final third but they should get through as I can't see Bayern not scoring an away goal or two.

I hope Barca destroys them next week in a gorgeous display of football.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

I think Leicester beating Southampton seals it. It was once again a game they could ( or should) have lost, but didn't lose. It was also yet again a game where they pick up 3 points instead of a draw. A draw would have been more than deserved in most of their last matches but they just keep on winning, and the gap indeed seems insurmountable now.

I dunno. Better teams than Leicester have thrown it away from similar positions in the past.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I dunno. Better teams than Leicester have thrown it away from similar positions in the past.

Be that is it may, but those supposedly better teams probably felt way more pressure. 

Not matter how that season ends, Leicester will be the overachievers of this EPL season. The Championship title would only be the cherry on top of a fantastic season. So I can see why they feel little to no pressure to deliver silverware. Liverpool a few seasons ago had to cope with expectations at some point (same with Arsenal when they blew that huge lead and gave United another Premier League title).

Leicester is more like Denmark in 1992. No pressure or expectations whatsoever to win it as eleventh hour replacement, let's just see how it goes.

Archived