Carrie Fisher has passed away

Mark Antony

I heard about an hour ago and am still in shock.

The first movie I remember seeing in the theater is the original Star Wars. 

We will miss her. Her sardonic sense of humor and her wit. 

Not today... I thought at least today I will be having moment of peace from 2016's shittiness with piece of my b-day lemoncake...

Princess, be with the Force as your Force was with us all these years :(

I am now officially on the Fuck 2016 team. Of all the people we have lost this past year, Carrie's passing has hit me the hardest. I was watching old interviews of Carrie and her Star Wars cast mates just the night before she suffered cardiac arrest. What a sweetheart. 60 is too young. The people of Alderaan have their princess back.

Just now, Astromech said:

I am now officially on the Fuck 2016 team. Of all the people we have lost this past year, Carrie's passing has hit me the hardest. I was watching old interviews of Carrie and her Star Wars cast mates just the night before she suffered cardiac arrest. What a sweetheart. 60 is too young. The people of Alderaan have their princess back.

I have to say...if the reports of her being without a pulse for 15 minutes are accurate, then she was already gone on Friday. Very few people survive that. It's still sad, though. We've lost so many this year. 

Just now, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I have to say...if the reports of her being without a pulse for 15 minutes are accurate, then she was already gone on Friday. Very few people survive that. It's still sad, though. We've lost so many this year. 

Sadly, yes, she probably was. :(

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

I don't want to speculate too much, but it sounds like they probably kept her alive over Christmas and long enough for all relevant friends and family to attend. 

12 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I don't want to speculate too much, but it sounds like they probably kept her alive over Christmas and long enough for all relevant friends and family to attend. 

Yeah, that has happened to a few members of my family. so sad.

My guess is that we will have to watch Princess Leia (General Organa) die in Episode VIII next year too.

The 'In Memoriam' section of all award ceremonies in the New Year should be one of the first things they do, and will be extra long this time around.  

Rather than rewatch Star Wars movies, I think it will be 'When Harry met Sally' and 'Blues Brothers' tonight.

l

Archived