Football: foreVAR confused

Iskaral Pust

So now we're waiting for us and West Ham. Wonder who'll pull the trigger first?

It does seem that we have learned the lesson "do not hire caretaker managers on a whim", so Silva may have some more time to deliver.. but I can't see him lasting beyond Christmas at this point.

10 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

So now we're waiting for us and West Ham. Wonder who'll pull the trigger first? 

There was some chat earlier in the week that Sean Dyche and West Ham have been in touch. Most likely bollocks since it doesn't have a source but also the kind of move I can absolutely see happening.

7 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

There was some chat earlier in the week that Sean Dyche and West Ham have been in touch. Most likely bollocks since it doesn't have a source but also the kind of move I can absolutely see happening.

Would be a step up for Dyche, at least. 

And, considering how West Ham's defense are shaping up (or shaping down, or shapeshifting, or whatever it is they do), he may be needed. 

For us, the rumours are mentioning Arteta (unlikely before the end of the season) and Jorge Jesus atm.

Pity about Fabinho.I can see Gini -Henderson pivot with most likely Ox up ahead.He may bring Keita in when he can.

What's gone wrong with Gomez?There was a time last season he looked so accomplished at CB I couldn't see anyone overtaking him.I would suggest he doesn't play RB again, but give him a chance at CB as and when.I don't like his facial expression-he looks worried and uncomfortable.

13 minutes ago, redriver said:

What’s gone wrong with Gomez?There was a time last season he looked so accomplished at CB I couldn't see anyone overtaking him.I would suggest he doesn't play RB again, but give him a chance at CB as and when.I don't like his facial expression-he looks worried and uncomfortable.

Agreed. He has been well below average at RB. Milner should never start in midfield again but if you’re gonna rest Trent throw Milner or Hendo at RB both have looked better than Gomez in that position imo.

Might be an opportunity for Gomez.  The way Liverpool plays it might be better to have him play there as another defensive option, then as a RB, where he offers too little going forward and is somewhat off a liability with his positioning (again not RB is not his position).

5 hours ago, Mexal said:

About fucking time. Freddie time!

One of my all-time favourite Gooners. 

We love you Freddie, cos you've got red hair
We love you Freddie, cos you're everywhere.
We love you Freddie, cos you're Arsenal through and through.

*sung to the chorus of Andy Williams' Can't Take My Eyes Off You

It was only a matter of time with Emery given recent results.

Hopefully Ljungberg pulls a Solskjaer second half of season run. And then hopefully the Arsenal board doesn't hire him permanently.

9 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Would be a step up for Dyche, at least.  

And, considering how West Ham's defense are shaping up (or shaping down, or shapeshifting, or whatever it is they do), he may be needed.

They definitely need someone to instill a bit of discipline and defensive coherence, but also to get that set of attacking mids and wide forwards consistently running around and beyond Haller. It's mad that they set up with such a big gap between midfield and Haller with the players they've got.

Feels like Dyche could probably manage both.

Poor sod got screwed by Moyes' failure at United. Now no-one wants to take a chance on managers like him in positions like that. Hell, even someone seen as much more exciting, in Howe, is struggling to get attention from bigger clubs.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Poor sod got screwed by Moyes' failure at United. Now no-one wants to take a chance on managers like him in positions like that. Hell, even someone seen as much more exciting, in Howe, is struggling to get attention from bigger clubs.

:agree:

All the big clubs are now wary of mid-table managers. For whatever reason, and probably mostly Moyes, it's now just become the accepted wisdom that a small or mid-sized club manager won't be able to make the transition to the big time. Which means for the big clubs it's either an experienced, top-drawer manager with a European reputation, or an untested but much cheaper club insider (Lampard, Solskjaer, now Ljungberg). No chance for Dyche, Howe, et al.

21 hours ago, redriver said:

Pity about Fabinho.I can see Gini -Henderson pivot with most likely Ox up ahead.He may bring Keita in when he can.

What's gone wrong with Gomez?There was a time last season he looked so accomplished at CB I couldn't see anyone overtaking him.I would suggest he doesn't play RB again, but give him a chance at CB as and when.I don't like his facial expression-he looks worried and uncomfortable.

While I agree he's not been great in general this season, I think the Sterling incident + being booed by (ever classy) England fans has hit him hard. He's young and seemingly (understandably) impressionable, so let's maybe give him a bit of time to get back to his best. 

Can't see City getting anything off Newcastle today.

Archived