MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

5 hours ago, Kalsandra said:

Not Morbius. The actual Jared Leto. 

Someone could say "Yay, you killed the vampire Leto" and he can respond "Vampire? Leto?"

I was thinking something like that one Bond movie where they couldn't use Blofeld so Bond kills "Bald Villain in Wheelchair" by dropping him down a smokestack (or something it's been years)

11 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Why? There's at least one MCU character in this film.

You mean Keaton's Vulture, or? All indications I know of suggest that Sony's soon ending the collaboration deal with Marvel. Pulling him in while the cross-production deal is still in place makes sense, to flesh out Sony's Spiderverse. 

No one knows for sure what the plan is with Spider-Man. But we can be pretty sure at this point that (spoilers for Venom 2 and No Way Home)

Venom is in the MCU, and various characters from the Rami/Webb Spider-Man movies are showing up in No Way Home. We have no idea how all this multiverse stuff will shake out. I could see Holland being stuck in a Sony-Verse while the MCU eventually moves on to Miles Morales.

But also when they extended the spider-man deal the word was that it was for No Way Home and another unknown MCU film (speculated to be Fantastic Four.) So if that's true he's not leaving yet.

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

No one knows for sure what the plan is with Spider-Man. But we can be pretty sure at this point that (spoilers for Venom 2 and No Way Home)

Hide contents

Venom is in the MCU, and various characters from the Rami/Webb Spider-Man movies are showing up in No Way Home. We have no idea how all this multiverse stuff will shake out. I could see Holland being stuck in a Sony-Verse while the MCU eventually moves on to Miles Morales.

But also when they extended the spider-man deal the word was that it was for No Way Home and another unknown MCU film (speculated to be Fantastic Four.) So if that's true he's not leaving yet.

Snipping out the non-spoiler portion of  your post to reply to

Why would that be?  Fantastic Four was a Fox property wasn't it?

Handy Dandy visual guide to  who owned what a few years ago

Edit:   Oooooooh... or are you saying that the Sony deal would allow him to cross over into Fantastic Four which is now completely MCU property?

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

Snipping out the non-spoiler portion of  your post to reply to

Why would that be?  Fantastic Four was a Fox property wasn't it?

Handy Dandy visual guide to  who owned what a few years ago

Edit:   Oooooooh... or are you saying that the Sony deal would allow him to cross over into Fantastic Four which is now completely MCU property?

Yeah. Since Jon Watts who directed the Holland spider-man movies is doing F4, and Homecoming established the minor mystery of who bought Avengers tower some people think it'll turn out to be their new building. Plus Spidey will help sell tickets since the previous F4 movies weren't popular.

I'm beyond disappointed with the horrible word of mouth The Eternals is getting. I've loved MA Dong-seok, since I saw Train to Busan a few years ago. Now I'm hearing he might hardly even be in the new film.

30 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Haven't seen it yet, but there were always clearly way too many characters in Eternals. Avengers only had a 6 characters team, and still Hawkeye didn't do much.

And had five movies to introduce those characters prior.

Just now, DMC said:

Well, the counterexample to this is Guardians, but yeah, they still only had five main characters.

I thought of that.

But the advantage that Guardians had was that they were playing with a completely blank slate with the interstellar side of the MCU being unexplored territory at that point.

I have not seen The Eternals yet, but it was already hard enough to wrap my mind around how Shang Chi fit into the existing timeline... but less a group of immortal demigods.  :dunno: 

Assuming the bad reviews are spot on, this doesn't bode well for the introduction of Mutants into the MCU. ie a large population of powered beings who've been there the who time in secret and are suddenly revealed.

As it stands now, I may wait for Disney+ to see this.

2 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Assuming the bad reviews are spot on, this doesn't bode well for the introduction of Mutants into the MCU. ie a large population of powered beings who've been there the who time in secret and are suddenly revealed.

The big problem is that the Eternals are basically unknown to the wider public.

The X-Men will be a lot easier to introduce. Everyone knows who they are. 

6 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

It's funny to think how many times they're going to end up doing this sort of thing. First it was the Sorcerers, then Wakanda. You could argue the Ten-Rings/Wenwu. Now the Eternals, then presumably the X-Men and maybe the Inhumans if they're going to try that again starting with Ms. Marvel. 

Edit: oh and maybe Namor and his people down the line. 

I was loving the Eternals…………..until the third act. This movie was telling a very mature story about different conflicting types of good, but the last 30 minutes felt like Marvel was scared it’s story was too mature and it devolved into traditional Marvel crap. 

Still 2/3’s of it I enjoyed, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time. I just hope they stick the landing, if these characters ever return.

45 minutes ago, Ran said:

The big problem is that the Eternals are basically unknown to the wider public.

The X-Men will be a lot easier to introduce. Everyone knows who they are. 

You're right about X-Men being known. I'm more talking about suddenly expanding the super powered population within the MCU. Unless the Convergence Emergence which pushes the Eternals out of retirement is somehow connected to explosion of the mutant population, they'll need to come up with another trigger event that pushes Magento and Xavier onto the public (or maybe SHIELD/SWORD's) radar.

ETA I confused event title with Thor 2. Which leads me to believe the trigger event for the X-Men will be called the Disturbance. 

6 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Unless the Convergence which pushes the Eternals out of retirement is somehow connected to explosion of the mutant population

The emergence, I think is what they said in the trailer. "The convergence" was that bullshit in Thor 2 that woke up the dark elves and coincidentally resulted in Jane Foster absorbing the aether / reality stone. 

Archived