MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

• 2 weeks later...

Ant-Man 3 casting: 

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/bill-murray-confirms-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-role/

Interviewer: “Is it especially important for you to work with people you know well and like?”

Bill Murray: “You know, recently I made a Marvel movie. I probably won’t tell you, but never mind. In any case, some people were quite surprised why I decided on such a project. But for me the thing was quite clear: I got to know the director – and really liked him very much. He was funny, humble, everything you want from a director. And with the cheerleader story “Bring It On – Girls United” he made a movie years ago, which I think is damn good. So I agreed, although I’m not interested in these huge comic book adaptations as an actor otherwise.”

Interviewer: “And did you regret the decision?”

Bill Murray: “Let’s put it this way: the director is a good guy, and now I’ve at least tried out what it’s like to shoot a Marvel movie. But I don’t think I need that experience a second time. And to come back to your previous question: I have mostly had a pretty good knack for avoiding the nasties of this industry. Fortunately, most good artists are also good people. At least that’s how I experience it with my friends.”

You can hear the edits they made to Leto's remarks -- they seem to have added "Marvel" before "character", and then cut out "Marvel" from "Marvel universe". Presumably that latter would be too close to "Marvel Cinematic Universe" for Sony's taste.

40 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

In the comments someone pointed out there is a Spider-man graffiti art on the wall at 2:10 and that it's the Tobey Maguire version but that seems flimsy to me to connect it with any specific version.

It says murderer, referring to Mysterio’s death. There’s also a couple references to Venom and Michael Keaton is in it as Vulture.

Also, bat radar? 

It's bat man, obviously. :P

Funny line at the end. "I am Venom. Just kidding."

They are leaning hard into the Spiderman connections. Wall art. Vulture. Venom name drop.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

It won't happen, but when they do the Blade movie the opening scene should be Blade killing Jared Leto.

Not Morbius. The actual Jared Leto. 

Someone could say "Yay, you killed the vampire Leto" and he can respond "Vampire? Leto?"

34 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

Not Morbius. The actual Jared Leto. 

Someone could say "Yay, you killed the vampire Leto" and he can respond "Vampire? Leto?"

Honestly... wouldn't be a terrible thing to do with Deadpool. :dunno:

Archived