MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

20 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Kraven's Last Hunt could be a wicked Spiderman movie [or two] 

Long ago, I saw someone here on these forums outline their idea for the fourth Raimi Spiderman using Kraven and I thought it could have been fantastic.  Basically, Kurt Conners (who had already been introduced) becomes the Lizard and Kraven is brought in to hunt him.  Tobey Maguire then has to try to save Conners from Kraven and eventually becomes his target.  Could have been good.

On the subject of the leaked photos, given all the rumors already out there; I'm inclined to believe them.  I'm most interested in seeing how Marvel markets the movie.  Will they lean into the fact that basically everyone already knows the Spiderverse is coming?  Or will they try to keep it a surprise from the three people who aren't on the net? :dunno:

15 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I thought that guy looked familiar when I saw him in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  

I see he played Sam Wanamaker but I'm totally blanking on when he was in the movie?

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

2023 for X-Men ‘97, a revival of the animated series? Crazy but interesting. They had better have that classic opening theme.

Yea this is odd. Is it MCU? If not, does it make X-Men less likely to show up in the MCU? And is this the first non-MCU project from Marvel Studios?

4 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea this is odd. Is it MCU? If not, does it make X-Men less likely to show up in the MCU? And is this the first non-MCU project from Marvel Studios?

I would say no and no. It may be a way to start rebuilding knowledge and interest in the X-Men among younger people.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Yea this is odd. Is it MCU?

That would be hilarious if it was. All this wondering "how are the X-Men going to be integrated into the MCU?" and they canonize the old 90's cartoon. 

Edit: Oh shit Shang-Chi is out gotta go watch that!

Spider-Man: Freshman Year,” meanwhile, will be tied to the MCU while also evoking Marvel’s deeper history, with an aesthetic approach that, according to a press release, “celebrates the character’s early comic book roots.” This show will follow Peter Parker on his journey to becoming Spider-Man within the MCU, suggesting the show might dramatize this Peter’s origin story — something the live-action movies with Tom Holland bypassed entirely.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/x-men-spider-man-zombies-animated-series-marvel-studios-disney-plus-1235110676/

I still haven't caught up on all the new shows they've announced but I like that this is in the MCU. Good sign that Sony and Disney have worked something out long term?

2 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Was today some kind of Disney+ Comic con kind of day? Seems like a lot of news that could have been spaced out.

Disney+ Day or something. They basically unleashed a bunch of news all at once, yes.

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

There's no Disney+ thread, but I watched an  intro to the actors for the upcoming Willow series featuring Warwick Davis that was really quite funny.

That was really well done. 

<snip> nvm. Watch below.

ETA: 

Archived