MCU Hullabaloo

JGP

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, I just rewatched “Spiderman: Far From Home”.  Early in the film, what is the swirling light thing in corner of Peter’s bedroom?

The light box with his iron spider suit? I guess a recharging station or something to do with nano tech?

ETA: Yes. His light switch is taped in the On position and there is a handwritten note next to the light box saying: Iron Spider Recharging. Do NOT Unplug.

35 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

The light box with his iron spider suit? I guess a recharging station or something to do with nano tech?

ETA: Yes. His light switch is taped in the On position and there is a handwritten note next to the light box saying: Iron Spider Recharging. Do NOT Unplug.

Got it.  Thanks.  What are Aunt May’s power bills like?

I've only seen Far From Home once because it never seems to be streaming anywhere, but didn't Tony give Peter glasses that let him call in an airstrike for some reason? I wouldn't rule anything out. 

I wonder what he left for Morgan Stark, if she'll eventually become a major character. Which reminds me I read a rumor that (this is probably bullshit but I'll spoiler tag it anyway.) 

Spoiler

T'Challa has a kid that will show up in Black Panther 2. I'm not sure how that would work but I guess they never said he didn't have a kid? or that Nakia wasn't pregnant during Infinity War. 

Anyway the trailer for the new Spider-Man is supposed to be coming out today.

35 minutes ago, mormont said:

Come on, you know Tony wired all the electrics in Aunt May's apartment into an arc reactor before he died.

I thought all of New York had free energy from, like, Iron Man 2 or Avengers 1. I could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, Kalsandra said:

I thought all of New York had free energy from, like, Iron Man 2 or Avengers 1. I could be wrong though. 

Reed Richards unplugged it when he bought Stark Tower, obviously. He needs the power for his trans-dimensional machine that will have NO impact on his own body's cellular structure, nor to his friend, girlfriend, or her annoying brother.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"Scooby do this crap" better be a drug reference. I may have rolled my eyes a bit at that one.

Underwhelming. It'll probably make a billion. 

I know who scooby doo is and I love drugs but I have no idea what you're getting at?

Also I've seen some of the new versions of scooby do and I just want to say that there's a character called "hot dog water" <3 this reality.

That reminds me of some facebook meme I saw a month ago that said "Frank Ocean and Hot Dog Water are basically the same name."

Also, I don't now anything about Frank Ocean.

Anyway, I suppose it's an exciting trailer for Spiderman fans. I know every Marvel sequel has to be huger and huger and all that, but I really wish he were back in Queens. Ah, well.

Only thing I don't like is the chuckling about names. Folks, this is a comic book movie. People have silly names. Don't try to distance yourself from it. Lean into it. Your name is Peter Parker and you literally went for help to a guy called Stephen Strange!

Otherwise, looks fun. I'm intrigued by what's going on with Strange here: there's a theory that this is not the 'regular' MCU Strange at all and this trailer gives me that feel.

From the Brazilian version of the trailer, they did a little editing oopsie -- check out the Lizard:

Spoiler

They clearly edited out one of the other Spider-Men socking the Lizard in the face, I guess.

2 hours ago, mormont said:

Only thing I don't like is the chuckling about names. Folks, this is a comic book movie. People have silly names. Don't try to distance yourself from it. Lean into it. Your name is Peter Parker and you literally went for help to a guy called Stephen Strange!

Otherwise, looks fun. I'm intrigued by what's going on with Strange here: there's a theory that this is not the 'regular' MCU Strange at all and this trailer gives me that feel.

Of course, he also laughed at Strange's name when introduced

I don't get it.

Why get the actors and villains of the previous movies that appeal to older audiences but then make a movie that seems so childish and juvenile that is mostly directed at kids?

I think it might a good movie for who liked the first spiderman. For people that meanwhile grew up and like more mature movies it isn't that appealing. I sincerelly think they could have done better.

1 hour ago, divica said:

Why get the actors and villains of the previous movies that appeal to older audiences but then make a movie that seems so childish and juvenile that is mostly directed at kids?

I'm scratching my head here at several aspects of this.

Why do you feel this movie seems childish and juvenile?

Why do you believe this movie wouldn't appeal to adults even if it was?

And why do you think this movie can't appeal to both adults who remember the previous movies and kids who just want to see more MCU Spidey?

Archived